Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2020, 20:46   #3121
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
On behalf of a friend's one week old Nexon.
Any clue on this issue? Not cranking.
If I were in his place, I'd try disconnecting the battery connections for a few minutes and crank the engine again.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 21:50   #3122
BHPian

Quote:
So now incase if that was how it occurred, doesn't it get resolved in the next start cycle and having waited for error check to complete? It still didn't it seems. Or once if it occurs, it needs the service technician to come over and fix it?
Yes, that shouldn't happen in any ignition cycle if we give the proper time.
I've seen this in many owners' forums and nobody reported a second occurrence. Anyway, since the dealer is checking it, we will get a confirmed reason and solution. Please keep it posted here.
BKB999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 20:50   #3123
BHPian

First post here Happy to be part of such an distinguished forum.

I had an Alto LXI which was due for Fitness renewal in Jan 2021 and I was looking for a new car. I decided for a SUV/Compact SUV as I usually travel to the rural side around the Kerala - Karnataka border and the roads aren't great here. I wanted a car which was powerful, has good ground clearance, clutch less drive (wife's requirement), decent boot space, top notch safety features, not heavy on the pocket and off course with great looks.
I looked at Ecosport, XUV 300 and Tata Nexon. Among the 3, I loved the Ecosport's AT engine which was a smooth and an effortless drive. This ticked my needs of safety and ground clearance too. However Ecosport still has the same look and there has been not much changes. Also, it was rather heavy on the pocket. XUV 300, while the engine and features are tempting, did not pass my requirement of ground clearance. Also, the boot space is very less for an SUV.

When I drove Nexon AMT for the first time, honestly I was not a fan of its AMT engine after driving the Ecosport AT. So I took second test drive and drove the car in its Manual mode. That's where I realized this is the Car I want to go with. I can drive it in manual, wife can go AMT and both with the convenience of clutch less driving. The Digital instrument cluster, interiors also blew my mind. The ground clearance was great, there are no doubts about its safety; also, the XMA variant was well within the budget. I however ended up buying the XZA+ as I felt the upgrade is worth.

I received the delivery 3 weeks ago and I have been driving it AMT mode and I feel I am getting used to it. I will be posting more driving reviews and on the accessories that I would be installing soon.
Shrey_1520 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 21:49   #3124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrippingdoc View Post
I just purchased a Tata Nexon BS6 diesel XZ+ S variant 2 weeks ago. Since the day of delivery I am experiencing a strange behaviour from the engine, it always feels sluggish and stressed on lower rpms and even on lower gears
Firstly, congratulations!

Maybe you are just trying to drive before the turbo spools in. What is the RPM you are talking about? I believe the turbo kicks in at 1600 RPM in Nexon. If you drive below this, there will of course be lag.
Old 15th August 2020, 22:39   #3125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKB999 View Post
Anyway, since the dealer is checking it, we will get a confirmed reason and solution. Please keep it posted here.
Quick update - No luck yet. The RSA guy visited it seems but without the diagnostic kit. And he had no clue on the issue neither well trained on Automatic variant. He "advices" to tow it to the service center and suspecting an issue with immobiliser sensor.

balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 23:36   #3126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quick update - No luck yet. The RSA guy visited it seems but without the diagnostic kit. And he had no clue on the issue neither well trained on Automatic variant. He "advices" to tow it to the service center and suspecting an issue with immobiliser sensor.

Isn't it obvious that AMT from TATA is not up to the mark of reliability? I never owned an automatic car and hence do not have a right to speak for/against it. But surely that technology is far more complex than manual and have an added overhead of "automation". I had heard such stories when Nexon automatic was launched but not lately other than yours. Really feeling bad for that. It is either technology or incompetence of TATA staff.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 09:56   #3127

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
Firstly, congratulations!

Maybe you are just trying to drive before the turbo spools in. What is the RPM you are talking about? I believe the turbo kicks in at 1600 RPM in Nexon. If you drive below this, there will of course be lag.

Of course, that lag is there and its evident but more than that there is this mild jerky behaviour even at 2000 rpm or slightly more than that, it feels as if the fuel supply is minutely interrupted.
Old 16th August 2020, 10:09   #3128
osp

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrippingdoc View Post
Of course, that lag is there and its evident but more than that there is this mild jerky behaviour even at 2000 rpm or slightly more than that, it feels as if the fuel supply is minutely interrupted.
Same here. Happens when I shift above 1500 and the jerkiness increases if I upshift at higher RPMs. Two things I felt to be working, either let the clutch out real slow, or wait till the revs have fallen to around 900-1000 before releasing the clutch. Or shift at 1500 if I have to pick up speed.
Old 16th August 2020, 13:52   #3129
BHPian

We just made a Cinematic Teaser with our 2020 Nexon XM Petrol. We posted it in the youtube channel and wants to share it with you guys. Hope that nexon owners will like it.

albertprince is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 14:25   #3130
BHPian

Guys my passenger side door is giving issue. It does not close properly. I have to slam it shut it a couple of times to close it. Also sometimes central locking doesn't work on this particular door. In fact, the door last night refused to open from inside. I had to lock unlock driver side a few times.
Any ideas on what could be the issue. My car has never met with an accident.

Last edited by GTO : 18th August 2020 at 08:35. Reason: Poorly Typed Posts
aniyo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th August 2020, 14:52   #3131

Quote:
Originally Posted by osp View Post
Same here. Happens when I shift above 1500 and the jerkiness increases if I upshift at higher RPMs. Two things I felt to be working, either let the clutch out real slow, or wait till the revs have fallen to around 900-1000 before releasing the clutch. Or shift at 1500 if I have to pick up speed.
Okay will try doing that. But correct me if I am wrong, before going for nexon I drove a Verna fludic diesel 1.6 for more than a lac kilometres in 6 years and I simply loved driving that car, am I expecting a bit too much from Nexon by comparing it with the verna’s driving experience each time I drive nexon?
Old 16th August 2020, 18:40   #3132
BHPian

First Long Drive - Mileage

I finally got a chance to drive my Nexon AMT today on a long drive as I was travelling to my hometown. Drove in its AMT mode all along and I was surprised with its fuel efficiency. I drove 70% in ECO mode, 20% in City and 10% in Sports. While Sports mode certainly feels more refined and powerful, I wanted to test its fuel efficiency in ECO/City mode.

I tried to maintain the INST FE above the mid-level mark all the while without hard pressing the acceleration for the entire journey. The toll road from Bangalore to Hassan, the first 180 KMS, the average touched 16.4 km/litre. The road between the Sakleshpur and Shiradi ghat was too bad due to the recent heavy rains.

So, by the end of the journey, the fuel efficiency arrived at 14.8km/litre with AC on for the entire journey, which I think is good for a new car. Not sure about the accuracy and I am yet to manually calculate full to empty.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200816-5.54.42-pm.jpeg  

Shrey_1520 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 19:41   #3133
BHPian

Re: Audio preset - default options

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
In the Nexon XZ+ I use, a couple of issues:
==
Can I set this to use the previous used preset than the "Speech" one?

Thanks
For a)Logically it should take the last mode before switch off. It does that for the pen drive (if already connected) and Radio(off course). The Bluetooth connection takes some seconds to get connected and I guess this delay causes the system to go back to the previously used device. Also, your Bluetooth transmitter should be ready and playing a media when you switch on the system. That might work but I have not tried.

b)It should normally save the last audio preset. It does for me and does not change until I manually change it.
Old 18th August 2020, 17:56   #3134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Still no luck yet. Software re-installed at service center and still the issue persists. The feedback is given to the R&D team and waiting for their response. 4 days since the car resisted to start.

(On behalf of my friend's 1 week old Nexon)
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 18:45   #3135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Guys my passenger side door is giving issue. It does not close properly. I have to slam it shut it a couple of times to close it. Also sometimes central locking doesn't work on this particular door. In fact, the door last night refused to open from inside. I had to lock unlock driver side a few times.
Any ideas on what could be the issue. My car has never met with an accident.
Something like this happened with my 2018 Nexon XMA last year after the rains. Took it to TASS, the SA called the body shop guy, it was the passanger door, he adjusted the latch and cleaned the rubber beading, no problem till date.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks