Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2022, 11:39   #2296
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I have Creta and Seltos IVT in my family and we are more than satisfied with these on the price, reliability and long term peace of mind vs the DCT or Diesel AT.
On comparing the specs, I found that majorly Creta has a panoramic sunroof, Cool glove box (something i am used to in my Xcent) and Electronic Park Break with auto hold.

With all these Creta does come 1L costlier as well. Question here would be, ignoring last 2 features, how do you rate Panoramic sunroof over smaller sunroof from seltos?? Positive or neutral. I hear/read it impacts AC cooling.

I personally feel, the look from sitting inside is more airier in Creta.
Old 12th April 2022, 12:54   #2297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav1817 View Post
On comparing the specs, I found that majorly Creta has a panoramic sunroof, Cool glove box (something i am used to in my Xcent) and Electronic Park Break with auto hold.

With all these Creta does come 1L costlier as well. Question here would be, ignoring last 2 features, how do you rate Panoramic sunroof over smaller sunroof from seltos?? Positive or neutral. I hear/read it impacts AC cooling.

I personally feel, the look from sitting inside is more airier in Creta.

Panoramic sunroof was the only deal breaker which made me buy Creta over Seltos for immediate family It definitely elevates the cabin experience for the rear seat passengers and my family really enjoys it during morning/evening/night/rainy/cloudy days (we keep glass closed and only open the curtain for the sunlight and view). I have been to warm climate locations in TN and Kerala and not faced issue with AC cooling with the sunroof curtain closed during hot sunny daytime.

I was neutral to other features like EPB, cooled glove box and peddle shifters and could have bought Seltos in a heartbeat if only it had panoramic sunroof. In fact, my extended family chose Seltos IVT as they are mostly 1-2 passengers and did not feel the need for panoramic sunroof.

Now Seltos has added peddle shifters, extra airbags, auto hold etc. (in HTX IVT) and the price difference vs Creta (SX IVT) has reduced with the recent price hike. So unless you are keen on panoramic sunroof (like me), it is even harder to overlook Seltos in present form. There is no top end IVT in Seltos sadly so Creta SX(O) IVT is the only option if you need fully loaded machine with IVT.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 12th April 2022 at 13:02.
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 14:03   #2298
BHPian

Quote:
There is no top end IVT in Seltos sadly so Creta SX(O) IVT is the only option if you need fully loaded machine with IVT.

Hope this helps
That perfectly summarizes the dilemma.
Yes any input helps. Thanks for your time.!
abhinav1817 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 11:54   #2299
Senior - BHPian

Forget the app working without bugs. Even the description is laced with bugs . May be the developers themselves are bugged with it's erratic behaviour and perennial bugs. So download it at your own peril for the "bugged" fixes. And they have been cooking this since 2019. I can't recollect of one version working as desired. Brace for "power to (bug)surprise".
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20220415_115552.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 15th April 2022 at 11:59.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 12:57   #2300
BHPian

Hey guys, can anyone tell me what the annual service/maintenance costs for the Seltos Diesel automatic would be? Just a ballpark figure would be greatly appreciated.
Old 18th April 2022, 13:09   #2301
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Hey guys, can anyone tell me what the annual service/maintenance costs for the Seltos Diesel automatic would be? Just a ballpark figure would be greatly appreciated.
You can use the KIA service calculator and find the cost. It differs based on location and of course, based on which periodic service you are doing.

https://www.kia.com/in/service/servi...alculator.html
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 15:47   #2302
Senior - BHPian

Facing issue while operating the Kia connect app. It is asking to enter PIN but not sure what should be entered. I don't recall setting any PIN or may be the SA did some set up at the time of delivery, not sure. If anyone has a suggestion,, please share how to go about it.
Old 18th April 2022, 17:42   #2303
BHPian

Quote:
Facing issue while operating the Kia connect app. It is asking to enter PIN but not sure what should be entered. I don't recall setting any PIN or may be the SA did some set up at the time of delivery, not sure. If anyone has a suggestion,, please share how to go about it.
Go to account settings and check if the app is registered with your email id. If so, go ahead and reset the PIN and then relogin.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 10:09   #2304
BHPian

I am seriously considering a Seltos but my family has mixed feelings about it. It drives just fine, and the suspension is decent enough on the GTX Diesel I tested, but the the rear seat seems extremely off. There's a lack of under-thigh space which is tolerable by itself, but the floor seems too high up and my knees seemed to be pointing upwards. I'm only 5'9, but even for me it seemed like it would be a problem for longer journeys.
Am I looking too much into this? Can anyone share their road trip experiences with the rear seat in mind? The front seat was just fine for me. In contrast, the seats on the kushaq and taigun were absolutely perfect.
sid3091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 10:34   #2305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Am I looking too much into this? Can anyone share their road trip experiences with the rear seat in mind? The front seat was just fine for me. In contrast, the seats on the kushaq and taigun were absolutely perfect.
Perception of comfort is relative and depends on individual preferences. Please go with what you and your family perceives.

I have done 41k kms so far and almost half of it has been with 4 adults on long 500km+/day trips. Their heights vary between 5ft 6" and 6ft. Everyone has been happy traveling in the car.

My wife prefers the rear seat of my brother's Honda City, only because of better back support/recline. I don't like the City front seats because of low underthigh support and lower back support.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 14:04   #2306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Perception of comfort is relative and depends on individual preferences. Please go with what you and your family perceives.

I have done 41k kms so far and almost half of it has been with 4 adults on long 500km+/day trips. Their heights vary between 5ft 6" and 6ft. Everyone has been happy traveling in the car.

My wife prefers the rear seat of my brother's Honda City, only because of better back support/recline. I don't like the City front seats because of low underthigh support and lower back support.
We cannot decide on any car which is why I'm pestering fellow team bhp members
Old 22nd April 2022, 11:34   #2307
BHPian

Quote:

I have already booked both of them for test drives in the coming week.
So I test drove Creta SX(O) DCT, Seltos GTX+ and Seltos IVT over the last 10 days. And i dont know if it was the traffic on that particular day or i got the height adjustment spot on or the test drive car quality itself, but Seltos GTX+ was way way better than Creta SX(O) purely in terms of driving, handling and confidence on high speeds. Though i admit it was all city driving for me but i was able to connect with Seltos GTX steering and gear shift response more than Creta.
Also The "creep" was almost nil/zero in creta dct but had decent forward motion in Seltos dct. Is that normal? I would expect the engines to behave same for both cars.

Seltos IVT did its job perfectly well. The "creep" here can take me out of my society campus completely without the need of pressing accelerator. Other than RPM being revved hard for a second or two, did not face any issues in city driving. But obviously DCT engines hand more to give with full 5 people seating. It does however miss on some GTX+ features but the car in general is nice.

Quote:
Panoramic sunroof was the only deal breaker which made me buy Creta over Seltos for immediate family It definitely elevates the cabin experience for the rear seat passengers and my family really enjoys it during morning/evening/night/rainy/cloudy days (we keep glass closed and only open the curtain for the sunlight and view).

And now comes the real deal (or the deal breaker ) . Where i was enjoying the DCT gear box in seltos way more than Creta. My father, mother and wife enjoyed way more in Creta. Before entering into Creta, panoramic sunroof was not a requirement, per se. But now that there is a comparison, seltos sunroof is not even half of it, we want panoramic sunroof for that much amount.

And completely ignoring both the car dimension numbers, all three of them were totally comfortable in creta where as in seltos it was a bit of shoulder rubbing.

So we are back to ground zero where choosing either is again not a straight up decision.

The only good thing was we all agreed (my mother 50%) that current Creta front exterior is not worth spending 23L OTR. (Looks are subjective and this is just personal opinion)
Sales guys told me that there is a new version S+ DCT which has almost everything other than say ventilated seats, electric seat adjustment and would mostly come in 16 inches alloy. This variant will cost between 19.5-20L OTR. But again design remains the same.

So for now, "almost" decided to wait for both facelifts and fingers crossed that they do launch at the earliest.

(Hyundai team told me tentatively July-Sept quarter and Kia team told me they have no news yet)
Old 22nd April 2022, 12:37   #2308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. My father, mother and wife enjoyed way more in Creta. Before entering into Creta, panoramic sunroof was not a requirement, per se. But now that there is a comparison, seltos sunroof is not even half of it, we want panoramic sunroof for that much amount.
I went through exact same thing and my family (specially kids) vetoed out Seltos and refused to consider sitting in Seltos if I were to buy one
So the deal was sealed even before I could get a chance to explain features vs Creta.

Lesson learnt - Avoid test drive of Creta panaromic sunroof model if heart is set on Seltos! Otherwise it is uphill task to convince the family, more so kids!

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 22nd April 2022 at 12:48.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 16:05   #2309

I have driven my seltos almost 13000 kms in the past 6 months with many times vehicle being fully loaded with passengers and goods in the rear. Most of the rear passengers have said that its very comfortable compared to different cars they have sat in the past. Same feedback from my kids who are always sitting behind. No complaints whatsoever. Infact the width is quite decent compared to other models who suggested like Taigun or Kushaq
manupreey@gmail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 12:58   #2310
BHPian

Hi. Is the Seltos available in HTX version with iMT gear box. I am in the market for an SUV with a budget of 18-20 Lakhs. Have been using a CVT Yaris but it's not much fun to drive, so planning to give it to my wife and purchase the iMT

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks