Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2021, 13:44   #721
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Yes, have been getting those error msg from may 1st week onwards.

I have emailed crmservice@hmil.net and Tweeted to Hyundai India regarding this issue. Yet to receive a response. I request other Creta owners who are facing this issue to amplify our complaint so that HMIL takes correcive action.

https://twitter.com/iamitp/status/13...187821574?s=20

Name:  image_20210527_134357.png
Views: 3707
Size:  118.5 KB
iamitp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 01:41   #722

My Creta is Home -

Its an E Model Petrol variant with the Polar White paint scheme. I'll be upgrading my driver's view after about 10 years from the humble i10 to the vanilla cockpit of my base model Creta. Not very confident but willing to take the risk to improve the vehicle's drivability by upgrading it with a few after market thingy's.

First off will be the ICE installation followed by the external lights and protection fixtures (skid plates and what not). Would really appreciate some suggestions and feedback on what I've narrowed down on after scouting YT and the online-offline market for accessories -

For ICE:
  • Head Unit - Sony XAV AX8000. I know this lacks a lit of features when compare d to the modern android tabs and yet I'd choose this over them any day. Features is what I'm willing to compromise on but not Audio quality
  • Speakers - Coaxials on all 4 doors. Not a bass fan and therefore clear vocals are what I need. I've prospected the JL Audio C1 and C2 for now. Also looking at Infnity's
  • Amplifier - Don't really need it as the HU is capable enough or so I am told
  • Damping - Must and don't know much about it. Please help
  • Why not a component speaker instead - The orvm's are no longer electrically adjustable and the joystick to adjust mirrors eats into the otherwise dedicated tweeter place. I'm not keen on installing the tweeters elsewhere(like on the door). Laos, coaxials are not that bad, right?

I'm going to stop right here and see how wrong I am. My friends are mostly bike enthusiasts and don't know a lot about cars. The little bit I know about cars is all self-learned. I could be wrong in many places and I'd really appreciate being called out for it. Don't let a brother loose his hard earned money to the vultures of JC Road, Bangalore(JK)
Old 28th May 2021, 10:01   #723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
I have emailed crmservice@hmil.net and Tweeted to Hyundai India regarding this issue. Yet to receive a response. I request other Creta owners who are facing this issue to amplify our complaint so that HMIL takes correcive action.
Don't expect a reply from them. We have had serious issues before (ABS/brake failure) in many first gen Cretas and none of them replied. So don't waste time running behind them. Contact the local HASS and take the issue through them.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 11:55   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Don't expect a reply from them. We have had serious issues before (ABS/brake failure) in many first gen Cretas and none of them replied. So don't waste time running behind them. Contact the local HASS and take the issue through them.

I was most pleasantly surprised to receive a call from Hyundai customer care after retweeting my own original tweet and tagging Mr. Puneet Anand, Asst. Vice President & Group Head - Corporate Affairs & Corporate, HMIL. Customer care suggested driving the car for a short period and checking the Bluelink again.

I drove the car for about half an hour and voila! Bluelink was working again. I am guessing that the car cuts off power to the embedded Bluelink GPS and SIM module after a period of inactivity (probably more than 3-4 days based on my experience).
Old 28th May 2021, 20:24   #725
BHPian

Quote:
I was most pleasantly surprised to receive a call from Hyundai customer care after retweeting my own original tweet and tagging Mr. Puneet Anand, Asst. Vice President & Group Head - Corporate Affairs & Corporate, HMIL. Customer care suggested driving the car for a short period and checking the Bluelink again.
Tweeting works however in case of sales they forward your complaint to the dealership itself against whom you have complained

I have been struggling to get my Creta. It's been more than 5 months. Sharayu Hyundai, Turbhe(I have no reservation in shaming them) extended the delivery date to 4 more months. Have tweeted multiple times, several calls to customer care, sent 4 reminders to HMIL west region to respond to my email. Nothing works. Finally got the contact of a Hyundai India gentlemen through Twitter. Seems things in progress. Fingers Crossed.

I am totally surprised by the way the automobile industry works. There is no accountability. No complaint escalation matrix system. Cannot understand how they get all those ISO certifications.
Old 28th May 2021, 20:49   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitshippie View Post
Tweeting works however in case of sales they forward your complaint to the dealership itself against whom you have complained

I have been struggling to get my Creta. It's been more than 5 months. Sharayu Hyundai, Turbhe(I have no reservation in shaming them) extended the delivery date to 4 more months. Have tweeted multiple times, several calls to customer care, sent 4 reminders to HMIL west region to respond to my email. Nothing works. Finally got the contact of a Hyundai India gentlemen through Twitter. Seems things in progress. Fingers Crossed.

I am totally surprised by the way the automobile industry works. There is no accountability. No complaint escalation matrix system. Cannot understand how they get all those ISO certifications.
Really sorry to hear about your ordeal. I think we are the mercy of dealers during here as long as manufacturers stick to this distribution model. I've heard that Tesla sells its cars in the US straight from the factory - cutting out the dealer entirely and streamlining customer grievance resolution and escalation.
Old 28th May 2021, 21:15   #727
BHPian

Dashcam installation
Creta owners, can you recommend a good dashcam.
How did you get it installed (self/FNG/Dealer) and will there be any wires sticking out?
Totoro11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 22:59   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
Dashcam installation
Creta owners, can you recommend a good dashcam.
How did you get it installed (self/FNG/Dealer) and will there be any wires sticking out?
I have been using 70 mai Pro for more than 2 yrs now and quite happy with the performance. Have not hard wired the cam though and have stuck it to the windshield just behind the IRVM and have taken the wire from the roof liner to the A pillar on the passenger side and through the glove box to the cigarette lighter. None of the wires are visible unless someone really wants to do a detective job. Attaching some mediocre images of the setup if it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201120_175415.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201120_175425.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201120_175438.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201120_175514.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201120_175530.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201120_175543.jpg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img_20201120_175555.jpg  

D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 23:02   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
I have been using 70 mai Pro for more than 2 yrs now and quite happy with the performance. Have not hard wired the cam though and have stuck it to the windshield just behind the IRVM and have taken the wire from the roof liner to the A pillar on the passenger side and through the glove box to the cigarette lighter. None of the wires are visible unless someone really wants to do a detective job. Attaching some mediocre images of the setup if it helps.
Wow that's neatly done . A few questions I've about this setup. Is the cable provided with dashcam or you bought it separately ? And how much long is it ? Do you remove the cam before sending the car for servicing ? Also can this be done for rear dash cam as well ?
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 23:08   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Really sorry to hear about your ordeal. I think we are the mercy of dealers during here as long as manufacturers stick to this distribution model. I've heard that Tesla sells its cars in the US straight from the factory - cutting out the dealer entirely and streamlining customer grievance resolution and escalation.
Tesla's horror stories deserve an entirely separate thread, lack of transparency, right to repair issues, lack of parts availability in the open market.

Only way around this is parent company's interest to keep the customer satisfied. Toyota could be considered as the best here.
Old 28th May 2021, 23:20   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Wow that's neatly done . A few questions I've about this setup. Is the cable provided with dashcam or you bought it separately ? And how much long is it ? Do you remove the cam before sending the car for servicing ? Also can this be done for rear dash cam as well ?
The wire was bundled with the cam in the box and has good amount of length. I have infact tied up a part of it inside the glove box to make it look clean near the 12V socket.
The cam can be detached from the socket/gps module that gets stuck to the windshield and its very easy to remove and install it again.
I dont have the rear cam so can't comment on that. But i really hope that you will not have any issues with the wire length atleast.
Once I had seen a person was getting a dual setup done from the service center for his i20 and they were taking the power through the light provided in the boot for the rear unit. Was not able to understand that entire setup but it seems do-able and will be quite neat also with no wires in visibility.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 16:07   #732

Creta facelift spied for the first time, resembles current generation Tucson.

Source- Rushlane
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-48fb5f0d6a0c4bd480920d3ef37855fe.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-101c6657b4f149dc9cb1d5f0c91870a7.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-3ac2631a6c514270aaeb5f337e4f6618.jpeg  

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-efc0cc97c5f34ce7be755100368dcfe0.jpeg  

Old 29th May 2021, 17:01   #733
BHPian

Has anyone faced issue with saving of favourite FM stations?. Issue I am facing is- Suppose I save 8 stations, then I can cycle through them by pressing up and down on the steering controls. However sometime some saved station is not recognised as favourite and when I press up and down on steering control, it reverts to first and last saved favourite. Saving that station again as favourite resolves the issue temporarily.
Old 1st June 2021, 03:54   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu1058 View Post
Creta facelift spied for the first time, resembles current generation Tucson.

Source- Rushlane
Is Hyundai really releasing a new facelift of Creta next year ? I particularly doubt it because they just updated the car a year ago and now they are planning the facelift ?
In facelift they change the look of the car a little bit but this looks completely different and not to mention horrible.
I personally feel this might be a new EV or Venue facelift that they might introduce.
Something is really off with Hyundai's design team.
Old 1st June 2021, 08:22   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
Is Hyundai really releasing a new facelift of Creta next year ? I particularly doubt it because they just updated the car a year ago and now they are planning the facelift ?
In facelift they change the look of the car a little bit but this looks completely different and not to mention horrible.
I personally feel this might be a new EV or Venue facelift that they might introduce.
Something is really off with Hyundai's design team.
I followed this news a bit online and looks like a speculation. Mostly it is about a global model upgrade and not really something making its way to India anytime in near future.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks