Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2021, 19:23   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
As a prospective buyer, not sure whether I should be happy with Tata's proactive approach or sad that the sunroof can simply break without any reason.
I am wondering if this has any connection with our process of washing the cars at home. Especially high roofline vehicles where the person actually stands on the rear or front tyre and applies pressure on the roof for securing balance while using the other hand to clean the glass.Is it possible that repeated stress of this sort can lead to a structural deterioration?
Old 22nd June 2021, 19:47   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Is it possible that repeated stress of this sort can lead to a structural deterioration?
It is highly unlikely that this would result in breakage of the sunroof with time.

Sunroofs are designed to withstand much more than this. Hail storms would cause breakage of most sunroofs in the city if they were this fragile.
Old 22nd June 2021, 19:57   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
It is highly unlikely that this would result in breakage of the sunroof with time.

Sunroofs are designed to withstand much more than this. Hail storms would cause breakage of most sunroofs in the city if they were this fragile.
I would think that a blob of hail, the size and weight of a coconut, will certainly cause the sunroof to crack (if not rip apart) if it impacts with sufficient velocity.
What I am trying to imply is the difference between a single event impact and repeated stress on a focused area.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 22nd June 2021 at 19:59.
Old 22nd June 2021, 20:46   #1009
BHPian

Re: 6 way Power Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
seems this query has been missed due to various other important discussions.
could someone please throw some light on power seats adjustments?
This is the intended behaviour as this is how most power seats are designed. Even the ones with manual height adjustment works the same way. But there is a simple workaround, adjust the front-back after adjusting the height as per your desired position. Just needs some getting used to but works perfectly fine.
Old 23rd June 2021, 10:01   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBeans View Post
This is the intended behaviour as this is how most power seats are designed. Even the ones with manual height adjustment works the same way. But there is a simple workaround, adjust the front-back after adjusting the height as per your desired position. Just needs some getting used to but works perfectly fine.
Thanx CoffeeBeans,

"adjust the front-back after adjusting the height as per your desired position"
This is where the problem starts, if we adjust front & back, the height is also changing gradually along with. might be getting used to the switch makes the things perfect.

As Tata has declared it as 6 way adjustable power seats rather Hyundai has advertised it as 8 way power seats (Creta/Alcazar) and it's easy to adjust aft & fore as well up & down easily without changing the other adjustments.
will check it in TD car again patiently and post my comments.
Old 23rd June 2021, 10:45   #1011
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I am wondering if this has any connection with our process of washing the cars at home. Especially high roofline vehicles where the person actually stands on the rear or front tyre and applies pressure on the roof for securing balance while using the other hand to clean the glass.Is it possible that repeated stress of this sort can lead to a structural deterioration?
You could weaken the roof rail thing if you grab onto it for balance while standing on the tyres, but sunroof glass won't be bothered by it.

Unfortunately a panoramic sunroof while not entirely new , is still a cause for concern due to plenty of unexplained failures. Just about every brand that offers it is going to deal with issues related to it.

According to consumer reports.

Russ Corsi, who worked nearly 32 years for Pittsburgh-based PPG, a global supplier of auto glass, says larger sunroofs are also more prone to weakening over time as the pane absorbs impacts from bumps in the road, twists and turns of the car’s frame, and “thermal shock”—the expanding and contracting from sudden temperature changes.

If sunroofs are “just breaking [on their own],” Corsi says, “it’s likely to be a manufacturing flaw,” noting “the larger the piece of glass, the smaller the margin of error.”

I would imagine a fully loaded vehicle driven carelessly over bad roads is going to encounter a cracked sunroof and perhaps windshield as well regardless of the brand.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 15:24   #1012
Senior - BHPian

I tried to connect the Wireless Android Auto to the infotainment system by enabling the Developer mode and also selecting "Add wireless projection to settings" on my Samsung phone, but unfortunately it still refused to connect wireless AA, but with cable it works pretty well.

My Infotainment system's software version shows "Q5_R16.09".
Could you please check the software version on your Infotainment system. That would really help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varman742 View Post
One important observation. My Safari Supports Wireless Android Auto although seems to be a beta version.

Attachment 2159829
Old 23rd June 2021, 15:59   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
Could you please check the software version on your Infotainment system. That would really help.
Mine is R15_09. What I understand is that in R16 upgrade the wireless AA is disabled. Also, have been hearing that it is planned for official release sometime in July/August.
varman742 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 19:26   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Thanx CoffeeBeans,

This is where the problem starts, if we adjust front & back, the height is also changing gradually along with. might be getting used to the switch makes the things perfect.
The aft and fore button, if pressed properly will just do what it is supposed to but the up and down button is kind of an incline. What I do is that once I adjust the height to my satisfaction, i just move the seat forward or backward accordingly.
Varunmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 20:09   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varunmohan View Post
The aft and fore button, if pressed properly will just do what it is supposed to but the up and down button is kind of an incline. What I do is that once I adjust the height to my satisfaction, i just move the seat forward or backward accordingly.
I too think so, it's a matter of time to adjust to the button usage to do aft and fore without inclination.
let me try in the TD car this weekend and share the experiences.
Thanx again
Old 23rd June 2021, 22:26   #1016
BHPian

Any early Safari owners been on long drives? Share some experiences please to liven things up a bit!
Old 24th June 2021, 14:48   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Thanx CoffeeBeans,

"adjust the front-back after adjusting the height as per your desired position"
Hello Karthik. For power seat adjustment, I first get get the seat height adjusted using the control up or down.2021 Tata Safari Review-410ae4c7e5ce463fac0efd3719956078.jpeg
As shown in the pic, you can use lever 2 for this.
After getting the desired height, just push control 3 forward or backwards with the tip of the thumb , to get the seat front or back .
Hope this helps
NitSat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 21:58   #1018

FINALLY!

Booked on 18th March, kept on hold for the lockdown. Resumed paperwork in mid May and got stuck because of the registration issues.

But, against all odds took the delivery of the beast today. The car is an absolute gem to drive. Its been 7 hours since I’ve picked this car up and already driven the car for 70 kms in the crawling peak hour traffic of Mumbai.

Noticed the engine check light as I left the showroom and called my SA immediately. I was given some random answers where one solution was that someone will pick up the car tomorrow and drop it back. I didn’t want to hand over my new car to anyone.

In the next 45 mins, I was at the service centre where a laptop was plugged in under the steering near the dead pedal and a scan was being done. I had heard multiple DPF issues faced by other customers, I was given the same gyaan about how the bad fuel causes carbon formation and it has to get a flush. The car was kept on for about 20 mins where the RPM was almost constant around 3k and it finally stopped and the car came back to idle RPM.

I was cleared and told that such an issue won’t show up. I spoke to the CRM and asked why something so basic can’t be sorted pre delivery and why most of the customers have to face this ordeal. Their response - laptop is expensive, service centre personnel can’t reach the showroom. But why can’t the factory sort this issue or the showroom clears all the error codes before handing over the car - a pleasant nod with a smile under her mask was what I received as a reaction.

Anyway, the car is back and the error code cleared. I have driven about 40 kms since the service centre visit and things are fine. It’s been a long day. Will post future drive updates soon.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-2d5ea15c1de44ab381a9228036dd6f12.jpeg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-e9150a5e276840b38ffcfae8606aeb01.jpeg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-4f3d787dc69c405cb306b7a1c17cb9d2.jpeg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-12c8ad403c6a424eae1c20ae7d15a515.jpeg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-c204a1381bcc4d799279ecd899b0ea29.jpeg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-ac24e15e927e41dbbb77abed240bd13b.jpeg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-57430360a2734173af3d824fb7488446.jpeg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-a61e2ae10f8b4898b095f7e1e98a32b2.jpeg  

El_Profesor is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 11:48   #1019
BHPian

Three months after booking, finally took possession of my safari yesterday. The car is an absolute beauty and drives like a gem, zero mechanical or electrical issues yet, was grinning ear to ear with the acceleration after engaging sport mode on the relatively empty orr stretch on the way back home last evening. That said, I am quite disappointed with the overall finish quality, the durability of the stitching on the leather seats is a big question mark atleast on one of the seats in my car. Also noticed a ton of scratches on the piano black plastic elements and rough edges on the Aircon control panel plastic in the last row. Did not pay much attention to the interiors during my pdi. I now understand the difference between finish quality in a tata versus other brands in the same price range and lower, will come to terms with it but not before expressing my disappointment with TATA CRM. So yeah, I agree with most others, tata has a lot of work to do to challenge hyundai and other manufacturers in the quality department. Turn the engine on and start driving, a different story to tell...
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-pxl_20210626_0338296642.jpg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-pxl_20210626_052139856.jpg  

raamki is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 14:01   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Profesor View Post
FINALLY!

Noticed the engine check light as I left the showroom and called my SA immediately.

In the next 45 mins, I was at the service centre where a laptop was plugged in under the steering near the dead pedal and a scan was being done. I had heard multiple DPF issues faced by other customers, I was given the same gyaan about how the bad fuel causes carbon formation and it has to get a flush.
So, it was another case of DPF regeneration? With the rate this issue is reported starting with Harrier launch, each of these dealers would have seen many more cases by now to add it to the checklist. Frustrates why they wouldnt proactively do that and wait for the customer to report.

From TML perspective, if they didnt get earful from customers and dealers I dont see any incentive for them to fix. Unlikely but its plausible they dont even know this exists in the world.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks