Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2022, 20:14   #1741
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I don't understand the reason why it's considered a taboo to let a towed car roll on its driven wheels ? As long as it's in neutral, what difference does it make ?
In case of a manual car you can do it in neutral. But you cannot do the same for the automatic.
Old 23rd January 2022, 20:24   #1742
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
In case of a manual car you can do it in neutral. But you cannot do the same for the automatic.
then what does the N in "P R N D" selection positions for any automatic gearbox mean ?
Old 23rd January 2022, 20:25   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Crysta does have one I think. Pictures from the Crysta official review are below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
There you are, Innova Gen 1 Type I, it always had at Rear Left Side, my rear guard is obstructing the view a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post

Well, I haven't observed in proper SUVs, but both of my cars (2015 Dzire and 2016 City) have them. A quick search through random Team-BHP car reviews tell that many passenger cars including the 2017 Dzire, the 2021 Celerio and many others get it.
And yes, the Innova Crysta also comes with it!
Thanks guys for educating me.

I have never really thought of it but as many have pointed out it could come very handy if stuck in tricky situations even though we might not use our normal cars for off roading.
Old 23rd January 2022, 20:35   #1744
BHPian

Quote:
then what does the N in "P R N D" selection positions for any automatic gearbox mean ?
P R N D - They mean the usual stuff.

You can put the automatic car in neutral but transmission is still not getting lubricated as transmission fluid in automatics is pumped using a pump and the pump won't run without the engine running.
Metallicar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 21:35   #1745
BHPian

Placement of Tow Hook :
My understanding is, whether true blue SUVs or otherwise, a vehicle "Breakdown" is different from "Recovery".

When it comes to towing for breakdowns, the primarily purpose is to load the vehicle onto the flatbed or raise the non-driven front wheels to tow the vehicle to the service center for it to be serviced / repairs. So the towing hook is provided on the side where the driven wheels are.

When it comes to towing for "recovery", the primary purpose is to recover the vehicle without the presumption that vehicle can be serviced for repairs. For example, an accident/crash etc. In these cases, usually the axle or chassis is used to recover the presumably non-repairable vehicle.
Old 23rd January 2022, 22:05   #1746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand the reason why it's considered a taboo to let a towed car roll on its driven wheels ? As long as it's in neutral, what difference does it make ?
IF engine is running then you can , else you will damage the transmission. The output side is still spinning even in neutral but the lubrication is done by the input side, I think the rest of the story is something we can imagine.

Recovery hook nevertheless is for short pulls to get the vehicle out of a situation, Its not a problem in such cases to have all wheels on the ground for a very short distance.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 22:57   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Cruiser View Post
I have an XUV 700 AWD L booked but this dark edition has me drooling. My dates have moved around quite a bit and as of now Mahindra says that I might get my vehicle around Feb.

I am thinking that I should go ahead and book the dark safari and take whatever comes earlier as not sure if Mahindra will keep its promise this time.
Today I got to see Dark Safari in flesh at Treo Tata at Okhla and managed to get a long test drive on a Gold Edition Safari. The sales staff was patient and arranged for a Gold Edition car to test drive as I needed to check the ventilated seats, air purifier etc.

The car drove well and I cant add anything more to what has already been written by a lot of friends. The good thing was that everything worked well whether ventialted seats, carplay or air purifier. Was mighty impressed with Gold Safari's interiors. If didnt have that much Gold, it would be the most premium interiors available at the price point. Dark Safari's interiors are similar but not as good.

I was offered an January 2022 made Dark Edition which I have booked. I will be doing a PDI on Thursday. If things go well at PDI, I will cancel the XUV 700 and proceed with Safari.
Torque_Cruiser is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 21:13   #1748
Senior - BHPian

Got to experience the Safari dark edition for myself today at the dealer's lot. Was pleasantly surprised to see the dark interiors looked much better than the old white, especially the seats. Also got to try out the voice control feature which recognised my voice well enough. I have not seen this feature mentioned anywhere in the review so I'm not sure if it came with this update or whether it was always present. Either way, just hit the call answer button and an annoying prompt comes up, asking you to speak after the beep. You can control media, AC and fan speeds, even use siri/google assistant if connected to your phone but you can't use it to open the sunroof or anything not part of the head unit. I was offered a good price so I'm going to book it tomorrow once I finalise the accessories.
Cresterk is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 21:23   #1749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I was offered a good price so I'm going to book it tomorrow once I finalise the accessories.
Are they offering any discounts on dark edition? I am being quoted max 10K discount here in Delhi.
Old 27th January 2022, 08:09   #1750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPC7955 View Post
Safari has a consistent pull to the left. Wheel alignment has not helped. I see this is a bit of a common issue amongst a few owners. Could fellow owners please confirm in case the pull to left is omnipresent despite 33psi in all tyres. Some statistical analysis would help. TIA
Lot of Harrier owners facing this too. Please explore something called a 'Subframe Shift' at a trusted ASC.
Working fix for people for whom WA/WB didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post

As you can see the front brake pads are replaced. I think 16000 Kms is too short for the brake pads to give up their life. .
Hello, while 16000 does seem too low for a break pad change at face value, there is another factor to consider - your driving style & location.
I have a CNG Alto (2018) that needed a brakepad change at 20,000km.
I drive 99% in the city, my college is on the other side of town. Daily running was 35km (17+17) in PEAK Pune city traffic. Took 2hrs + to cover 35km, so constant braking resulted in worn out pads. BHPian @kosfactor is right, 16,000 while uncommon is not unheard of.

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th January 2022 at 09:01. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
gandharjc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 10:39   #1751

Hello.

Can anyone tell me if high beams can be upgraded to LED's? Any good brand suggestions are also welcome.

Also does the bumper need to be removed for this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th January 2022, 11:10   #1752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Turbo View Post
Hello.

Can anyone tell me if high beams can be upgraded to LED's? Any good brand suggestions are also welcome.

Also does the bumper need to be removed for this?

Thanks in advance.
Lot of options available from brands such as Autobahn, GPNE, OSRAM and other miscellaneous Chinese brands. I have no personal experience in using those, however people have mixed reviews. Bumper need not be opened. There is a small cover inside the front wheel arch through which the high beam lamp can be replaced.
Old 28th January 2022, 19:59   #1753
Distinguished - BHPian

Just saw this on Twitter. Wasn't it available earlier?

2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_20220128195931.jpg
BoneCollector is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 20:25   #1754
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Just saw this on Twitter. Wasn't it available earlier?
Was available in the Gold and recently in the Dark editions. Not even in the Adventure.
Old 28th January 2022, 22:02   #1755
BHPian

7 seater variants to also get ventilated 2nd row!!

That would be amazing. If this is true, I wonder if the middle passenger in the 2nd row gets ventilation or not? And how do they manage the folding mechanism with the ventilation?
Mr.U is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks