Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2021, 12:53   #301
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph1st0 View Post
The current claim is that the bugs are resolved and India is a much smaller market.
Claims from VAG are not enough, if they are so sure about the bugs been already resolved, better back it with a solid assurance.

We have read many frightening stories of DSG failures and the ordeal to get them repaired/replaced. As a customer, we would want the manufacturer to stand by the assurance and simplify the process.
drivingmelody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 15:10   #302
BHPian

Glad to see most of people going gaga over XUV700. I seriously don't want VW to become Mahindra. There will always be people out there aspiring to own a VW atleast once in thier lifetime and for them Taigun would be a brilliant product to own. I happen to own a Kushaq and I am absolutely happy with its looks and performance and the brilliant sales experience I have got till now compared a horrid showroom experience from the Koreans.
Travelling_Monk is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 16:55   #303
BHPian

Specification comparison - Taigun | Creta

Much has already been written, spoken and YouTube'ed on the comparisons between the Creta and Taigun. And I am sure there is more to follow.

Looking through through the specification list on the Creta brochure, I have listed below specifications not available on the Taigun. My remarks against each, reflect my personal preference.
  • Rear discs - Most reviews of the Taigun and my own test drives in the Kushaq tell me that the bite is good and top class braking. A non issue.
  • Height adjustable seatbelts - Seems placed at the right height and should be good for tall and short drivers.
  • Puddle lamps - Useful but not a deal breaker if they are missed
  • Panoramic sunroof - I hope the top spec Taigun could be offered without any sunroof. Only time I open the sunroof is to check if the mechanism is still functioning and to clean out the drains and passages there.
  • Electric parking brake - Could have been a good inclusion. Perhaps one lesser electronic part that can fail.
  • Ventilated seats - Not sure if the top end Taigun will come with it. Nice to have when you return to a baking car, but otherwise makes little difference to me even now.
  • Air purifier - I don't know much of what this does and to what end result so no thoughts on this.
  • Drive model selector - Since it does not change the suspension settings, does not matter if its omitted. My biggest worry is always water logging and there is no mode for that in any car.
  • BlueLink Suite - Would certainly be good to have more functionality but from a usage standpoint it would rarely be used by me. I would also be worried about security issues.

Does the cylinder de-activation, driving dynamics and slightly sharper ride make up for the above? Just maybe, it does for some!

Oh yes and I forgot to add that the Taigun seats half a less person which also works fine as my rear seat is used perhaps 5% during car ownership.
NevGin is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 02:47   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD150 View Post

2. If at all they launch the Taigun at a premium over the Kushaq, it should not be more than 25-30k. Also at the same time, they need to offer touch screen infotainment in base variant and further provide sunroof from mid variant to justify the premium.
Actually the Kushaq does come with a touch screen in the base variant, although it’s small and looks ugly it in fact supports car play and android auto too.

I don’t think VAG will provide a sun roof in the mid tier model but I think unlike the Kushaq they are intending to give the 1.5 TSI even in the mid variant, which would potentially trade blows with the mid carder turbo petrol variants of the Koreans as well as potentially the petrol manual of the XUV 700.
Old 27th August 2021, 08:16   #305
BHPian

Have the TDs of the taigun begun yet??
Old 27th August 2021, 08:57   #306
BHPian

Re: Specification comparison - Taigun | Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Much has already been written, spoken and YouTube'ed on the comparisons between the Creta and Taigun. And I am sure there is more to follow.

Looking through through the specification list on the Creta brochure, I have listed below specifications not available on the Taigun. My remarks against each, reflect my personal preference.
Can’t agree with you more on the above listed features which I feel are gimmicks or tricks used by some manufacturers to make their cars more flashy.
Would like to add more to it by saying that 6 airbags are a must.
Powered seats atleast for the driver please
TPMS -I found it very useful in most of my cars
Cruise control-I’m not sure if the taigun has it but very useful in long highway drives
Another very simple yet relatively inexpensive feature that many ignore especially during a typical Indian summer-rear sun blinds..
Old 27th August 2021, 12:09   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
Absolutely not, VW is quite dragging the process . A limited 'by registration' preview is currently on, one city after the other (few done, few more to go). Prices and variants are expected to be announced in the 3rd week of Sep and TDs should start right around then, if not earlier (according to the dealership folks in Chennai)!
shekar.ca is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 15:30   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  • Rear discs - Most reviews of the Taigun and my own test drives in the Kushaq tell me that the bite is good and top class braking. A non issue.
  • Height adjustable seatbelts - Seems placed at the right height and should be good for tall and short drivers.
  • Panoramic sunroof - I hope the top spec Taigun could be offered without any sunroof. Only time I open the sunroof is to check if the mechanism is still functioning and to clean out the drains and passages there.
  • Electric parking brake - Could have been a good inclusion. Perhaps one lesser electronic part that can fail.
  • Ventilated seats - Not sure if the top end Taigun will come with it. Nice to have when you return to a baking car, but otherwise makes little difference to me even now.
  • Air purifier - I don't know much of what this does and to what end result so no thoughts on this.
  • Drive model selector - Since it does not change the suspension settings, does not matter if its omitted. My biggest worry is always water logging and there is no mode for that in any car.
  • BlueLink Suite - Would certainly be good to have more functionality but from a usage standpoint it would rarely be used by me. I would also be worried about security issues.
There's some more actually-
  • Remote start with temperature control- IMO useful considering our sweltering summers and a good part of the monsoons.
  • Rear Sunshade- The pullup sunshades not only help in reducing the direct sunlight, but also help in added privacy. The aftermarket one's simply aren't as good as these pull up one's IMO.
  • Auto Hold- Again a small touch that makes city driving that much more convenient
  • Digital MID with Navigation prompts- A very underrated safety feature, wherein the driver can just look straight ahead and not sideways towards touchscreen to gauge the navigation inputs
  • Power Driver seat- Once you get habitual to this, you will hate the manual levers
  • TPMS- Does Taigun get this? I know the Kushaq 1.5 AT doesn't; please confirm for Taigun.
  • Reclining rear seat

IMO in terms of features, space(for 5), size, ASS, NVH and (if someone is looking for diesel)the perfectly mated Diesel AT combo, there is simply no contest between the VW and Koreans.

The driving feel should be better and so should the external build quality of the VW. Question is, is it really that better than the Koreans in these two departments to overlook all their other misses?

Last edited by 07CR : 27th August 2021 at 15:33.
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 16:45   #309
BHPian

Ashish Gupta expects sales of 5000-6000 a month for Taigun. Most members (including me) on this forum would think that would be overoptimistic.

Skip to 7:52 for sales projections.

NT56 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 17:40   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shekar.ca View Post
Absolutely not, VW is quite dragging the process . A limited 'by registration' preview is currently on, one city after the other (few done, few more to go).
Firstly, welcome to Team-BHP! VW is expectedly pushing for pre-bookings during the event. It is amply clear that the response has been lukewarm.

With TDs slated for the last week of September, actual deliveries may touch Diwali.

Quote:
These are exactly the things I heard one of the attendees complain about repeatedly. Wrong place, wrong car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT56 View Post
Ashish Gupta expects sales of 5000-6000 a month for Taigun. Most members (including me) on this forum would think that would be overoptimistic.
Absolutely. Frankly, they should be thrilled if they clock 1500-2000, consistently. Apart from the competition, we'll need to factor in sibling rivalry.

Last edited by pannags : 27th August 2021 at 17:48. Reason: Added and edited content!
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 18:30   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT56 View Post
Ashish Gupta expects sales of 5000-6000 a month. Most members (including me) on this forum would think that would be overoptimistic.

Skip to 7:52 for sales projections.
That is a extremely highly optimistic projection, considering the

1) Second best segment seller (Seltos) manages about 6.5-8K per month.
2) Seltos also comes with a diesel manual and a Diesel AT combo. Both very glaring misses for VW.
3) Advent of the new competition- XUV700 and MG Astor. I believe even Creta/Seltos will face a major impact from these.

Only way this is possible is if VW goes very aggressive with the pricing. Maybe if they manage to undercut the Kushaq by a couple of lakhs, but again that won't be possible because of corporate agreement between two ?
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 18:34   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
There's some more actually-
Auto hold - Very good feature to have but causes more wear on the transmission. The feature enforces the last brake pressure with the transmission engaged. By habit I have all my cars, automatic or manual, in neutral at the lights or if I have to be at a stand still for greater than 20 seconds.

Digital MID - Also very nice to have but with infrequent use for most part.

TPMS - I don't believe either car has that correctly done. The Taigun has a simple low pressure warning system. The Creta perhaps has the pressures shown but without the temperature which as per me is very important to determine correct tyre pressure. It is for this reason that I had stopped filling air at the gas station. I use my own tyre inflator and do so before I set off. Yes each car owned has one as well.

Reclining rear seat - Huge MISS. This could have easily been done.

Powered driver seat - Would have been very good to have, yes.

I get that a diesel is being missed and that includes me. However the long term prognosis of that fuel does not look to promising. There is also no clarity on what rule a particular state government might bring in. That nervousness is noticed in most manufacturers unless they already have a very high volume vehicle and decide to continue with it.
Old 27th August 2021, 18:49   #313
BHPian

Taking sibling rivalry in to account VW will be enthralled to see 1k to 2k sales figures.
Think combined sales figures(Taigun + Kushaq) of 3k to 4K per month is victory for the VAG group.
But I’ve always felt that the POLO needs to be resurrected sooner rather than later.That’s the car that pulled the heartstrings of many Indian driving enthusiasts(including me).
Come on VW!..If you want to set the sales charts on fire,bring on the next gen Polo soon.
PS: Also bring the GTI as a CKD.

Last edited by pradheepsr : 27th August 2021 at 18:59.
Old 27th August 2021, 19:44   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Auto hold - Very good feature to have but causes more wear on the transmission. The feature enforces the last brake pressure with the transmission engaged. By habit I have all my cars, automatic or manual, in neutral at the lights or if I have to be at a stand still for greater than 20 seconds.
I actually like this feature a lot, and will be looking for a my next car with this feature as a must have. Correct me if I am wrong, incase the Auto Hold is engaged, and I shift to neutrals at the traffic light, this won't impact the transmission in the long run, right? Sure it will force me to always shift the gear to N and back to D everytime I am at a traffic light, however, I am fine with it, as long as my right leg relaxes.
Old 27th August 2021, 19:51   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I actually like this feature a lot, and will be looking for a my next car with this feature as a must have. Correct me if I am wrong, incase the Auto Hold is engaged, and I shift to neutrals at the traffic light, this won't impact the transmission in the long run, right? Sure it will force me to always shift the gear to N and back to D everytime I am at a traffic light, however, I am fine with it, as long as my right leg relaxes.
Correct, if you put it into neutral the transmission will be disengaged. There are some high end cars that disengage the transmission automatically and then engage it back when you need the power but I don't think the Creta does that.
NevGin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks