Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2021, 09:19   #1696
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Coming to your specific question, I would vote for the Turbopetrol. You get the full Monty treatment of 200 hp and it is not de-tuned like the diesel. For 8000 km running in a year, even if you see a 2-3 kpl efficiency difference, you are talking a few 100 litres of extra petrol and that translates to say 20-25K in added fuel costs. It will take at least 3 years of running the diesel to recover the upfront price difference. But in the meantime with the petrol, you get to enjoy a smooth, powerful Turbopetrol that can probably beat even the luxury Germans at accelerating away from red lights!
Agreed overall. But this, I am not so sure of.
I expect the difference to be around 5-6 kmpl.
Petrol (City) - 6-7 kmpl
Diesel (City) - 11-12 kmpl

That is a huge difference, and I'm afraid that petrol will literally burn our wallets.
Old 7th October 2021, 09:23   #1697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
+1 (AWD)
Key is to get it in to Mahindra system. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Dealer keeps asking me to confirm the variant again and again and hope they don't mess it up. I had also created a cart but it seems even that would be routed to the dealer for further processing, so I am not going ahead with the check out.
That's correct. I too didn't do a "Add Cart" for the same reason. Did you get an acknowledgement or reference number via mail/SMS for the booking?

BTW, edit your AWD increment to +2. Intent is to find out the total number of AWD bookings from that number.
Old 7th October 2021, 09:28   #1698
BHPian

Dealers getting their bookings "in the system" already? That is a bummer for me. What is the point of adding the variant to the cart and waiting then?

Good for you guys though. We are at least assured of two early AWD reviews on the forum.
Old 7th October 2021, 09:34   #1699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
BTW, edit your AWD increment to +2. Intent is to find out the total number of AWD bookings from that number.
+2 from my side. Mine and my brothers. Waiting for Booking ID's by SMS.

here is the cumulative count including Mr.r0ckstar.1 and Mr.Guna.

4 (AWD)
PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 09:36   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
Dealers getting their bookings "in the system" already?
I don't think even dealers can place booking before 10Am.

After getting SMS with booking ID only we will have proper booking confirmation.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 09:38   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
Petrol (City) - 6-7 kmpl

That is a huge difference, and I'm afraid that petrol will literally burn our wallets.
My XUV500 AT gives only about 9 kmpl in Bangalore traffic and about 16-17 kmpl on highways. Nodir if you can extract 11-12 kmpl in city from a 2.2 litre diesel and a heavy car like XUV.
Old 7th October 2021, 09:38   #1702
BHPian

Quote:
That's correct. I too didn't do a "Add Cart" for the same reason. Did you get an acknowledgement or reference number via mail/SMS for the booking?
I thought booking will open at 10AM for everyone including dealers.

I have paid 21k to the dealer already, hope he processes my order soon.
Also thinking to book it myself via online portal at 10AM and cancel one booking later if dealer does it successfully at his side.

Please let me know if this is a good idea?
Old 7th October 2021, 09:47   #1703
BHPian

The booking starts for dealers at 10am like on the website for all.

I too have placed my booking for AWD L pack. Waiting to get confirmation from my dealer soon. 😊
Old 7th October 2021, 09:47   #1704
BHPian

Got a call from the dealer (Hare Krishan Cars - Mumbai) informing me that the bookings will start at 10:00 am. This holds true for Dealer bookings as well.

They have asked me to complete the booking online and send them the confirmation message that I get from Mahindra.

I have already sent them the KYC documents.

The dealer further informed me that there is no further step to be carried out other than making the payment online and providing KYC documents to the dealer.

Not sure where will I land in the queue.

Booking AX 7 D AT
Old 7th October 2021, 09:48   #1705
BHPian

Quote:
Good morning fellow Bhpians! Got a call from my dealer for confirmation of my booking. I believe I have my booking in the system. The wait for an XUV700 AX7 L DSL AT AWD (that's a mouthful) officially begins!!

Interested to know the total number of AWD bookings from this forum. Do add 1 to the end of your response to increment the number..

+1 (AWD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
I don't think even dealers can place booking before 10Am.

After getting SMS with booking ID only we will have proper booking confirmation.

Probably a noob question, so what exactly does having the booking in the system mean?
Old 7th October 2021, 09:51   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
Probably a noob question, so what exactly does having the booking in the system mean?
Mahindra is going to have a centralised queue system over the country with a FIFO system, and they're going to dispatch the cars accordingly. Your number in the queue depends on when you book the car. Some dealerships have accepted pre-bookings and will be entering the booking into the system themselves at 10 am, which is the time the bookings open for everyone, dealers included.

Last edited by CapKoura : 7th October 2021 at 09:54.
CapKoura is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 09:53   #1707
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Petrol (City) - 6-7 kmpl

This vehicle weights about ~ 1600, it is lighter than a Thar so one can expect good fuel economy when driven at moderate speeds in the city.
Old 7th October 2021, 09:54   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Glad to see some folks looking at the MX variants. Most discussion here is about whether to opt for the Luxury pack or not

I think the MX variants offer unbelievable value for those looking for a basic car which is spacious, can be taken on long trips, and is powerful and safe. To provide modern turbo petrol/diesel engines, independant suspension with FSD on both the front and rear, all four disk brakes, and BS6 compatible emission systems at this price point is a feat for sure.
I too believe that the MX variant is true VFM.Since the car will be primarily used by my father , there's no point in spending 2 lakh extra for the adrenox line up.
I was thinking of adding some basic accessories like fog lamps , alloy wheels and reverse camera from the showroom itself.
Quote:
Petrol (City) - 6-7 kmpl

IMO the difference should'nt be more than 2-3 kmpl. However lets wait for the official ARAI figures, we might get some idea then.
Old 7th October 2021, 09:55   #1709
BHPian

Anyone experiencing the booking website is slow/fails to respond?

I thought I am going to book the AX7 L AWD AT booked, but its just spinning for the last 10 minutes
Old 7th October 2021, 09:56   #1710
BHPian

Anyone else facing issues while signing-in to the Mahindra portal right now? Have tried signing-in from atleast 6 devices and facing the same issue. The sign-in tab just doesn't move forward to the OTP step.

Hope Mahindra has foreseen the amount of people that will try logging in now! This is simply
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks