Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2022, 03:43   #5596
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220520_19063101.jpeg

The son, the dad and the grand father.. all standing height wise.

Posting just for a perspective, no harsh feelings.
shiven2207 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 21:21   #5597
BHPian

Dear Sir. Did you notice that the cruise control module is shiny black. And left side audio control panel is matte in AX5 version. So did you also order the audio panel in shiny black?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiven2207 View Post
Hi Will share the feedback , and I'm expecting just a regular functional cruise control feature , not Adaptive cruise since AX5 has none of the radar sensors and the cameras.
Old 22nd May 2022, 00:09   #5598
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I got delivery of my MX diesel on 9th May.It is absolute pleasure to drive the XUV and feel it an upgrade from my ecosport trend diesel.Drove almost 1000 kms 80% highway and 20% city driving and it is showing an impressive mileage of 18+

Accessories fitted from Mahindra @ time of delivery ->
1. foot rest
2. rear camera
3. seat covers
4.wheel caps
5.bug deflector

Accessories fitted after market ->

1. floor mats
2. door visors
3. bumper guard
4.rear crash guard
5. window shades
6. handle stitched cover

-GaddiBuddy
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-tbhp2.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-tbhp1.jpeg  

Gaddibuddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 00:21   #5599
BHPian

We welcomed XUV7OO MX Diesel in to our family on 13 May. Had booked on Day 01, so got price protection. Took delivery from Salasar Autocrafts, Thane. Overall had an average buying experience with them. I found their response to be tad slower. Although, they did match the insurance quote I had got from outside and did not push me to get accessories and extended warranty from them.

One important issue I want to share is the lack of availability of accessories at the Dealer as well as the online website M2all. Dealer had no stock of wheel caps, fog lamps and reverse camera. Had to even cancel order for wheel caps from M2all after waiting for 15 days. M&M is struggling to provide basic accessories even after 07 months of launch .

Coming to the driving experience. I upgraded after having driven 150K kms on MS Wagon R, so its a giant leap for me in terms of space, comfort and driving dynamics. So far I have covered 600 kms in the car and have throughly enjoyed the experience.

Pros
1. Phenomenal road presence. Everyday I take the car out I see people turning their heads to check out this beautiful car.
2. Sheer power & torque. Compared to my humble Wagon R, this car packs a punch and it was an absolute pleasure driving this car on the ghat section of Mumbai Pune Expressway.
3. Suspension. I am happy how the car drives over broken patches of roads, uneven speed breakers and more importantly rumbler strips (especially the ones on which my previous car used to judder violently)
4. Drive and handling. In spite of its bulky size, driving this beast has been rather easy and unless someone wants to park this car in a tight space driving this car should not be an issue.
5. Air Conditioning. I always keep the car AC on Econ mode, still the AC manages to cool the cabin quickly.

Cons
1. NVH: I had test driven AX7L Diesel manual couple of times and I feel that the NVH level on the top trim is better compared to MX. Although this is not a deal breaker with the Diesel engine being refined but I feel that AX7L has better engine sound insulation.
2. I was unable to open the tailgate remotely using the key. Though the key has a boot open button, it does not work on MX variants. On enquiring with the customer care, I was informed that this feature is not available on MX variants. Wonder how much has M&M saved with skipping this feature

One minor niggle observed so far is feeble noise from the left rear brake everytime brakes are engaged at slow speed. Will get this checked out at service centre shortly.

One more important feature missing as of now is the Android Auto update. Cars in AX series have been updated to provide Android Auto, this feature (wired) is still to be extended to MX variants. Hope that M&M is able to roll out this feature as soon as possible.

Now coming to the important question of kitna deti hai, so far I have seen MID reading hovering between 16 - 18 kmpl. I will get a more accurate indication when I take my car for next fuel fill up. I am satisfied with the mileage so far and hope this will improve over time.

In a nutshell, I am happy with the decision I made. At 15L OTR, car offers excellent space, comfort and safety and for a person who is not looking for a feature loaded car, MX variants are a good option.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220513_1811442.jpg  

StarVector is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 02:35   #5600

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Tried raising this issue with M&M Dealership and they sent one technician at my place with laptop. He spent almost 3 hours but in vain. AA doesn't seem to work at all for OnePlus 9RT. Though, it worked with the wire. But, then what's the point. It has to be Wireless

He said that he has taken the data and will be sharing it up with Mahindra Team. Hopefully they should be able to get some Firmware that is compatible with my phone model.

Will keep you guys posted about it.
This is the same for me as well - just that AA has never worked for me in wireless mode since I bought the car! I have not yet replaced my phone. Can others please confirm that AA is supposed to work in wireless and/or BT mode? Then I will also try to reach out ot M&M directly for this! TIA!
Old 22nd May 2022, 08:47   #5601

Encountered some noise coming from the steering column. It is sort of a clatter noise or like sparking or something. Not sure about the exact origin of the noise, but is coming from somewhere near the mid or the steering column, somewhere around there. It is not persistent. First appeared on 6 May. Was there for a few minutes then went away. Came up again here and there for a minute every few days.

Attached a video of it.

Would be great if someone could shed some light on it.

I had reached out to the service centre guy in 7 May, but got no response. What should be the nest step? Who should I reach out to? Email IDs?
Old 22nd May 2022, 11:57   #5602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick3094 View Post
Would suggest you to look into 7d mats by Coozo. They’re pretty great for the price. They feel really nice and comfy on the feet, don’t look bad (the pictures don’t do justice, until they are inside the car in front of you, don’t rule them out)

https://coozo.in/coozo-7d-car-mats-f...ter-black.html

They’re selling them for 5500 on the website, we got it for 3500 from a car market (Sector - 16 Noida). Would suggest you to check a car market around around you to save a couple thousand.

We have been extremely happy with these mats. Would suggest you to check them out

I bought autoform 7D mats from central auto market,noida.The quality was definitely superior to other options available there.Paid 5500/- for 5 seater configuration.Prior to these I used the following mats and they served the purpose.

https://www.amazon.in/Auto-Hub-Mahin...exMainSlot=30#
Old 22nd May 2022, 12:48   #5603
BHPian

Quote:
Encountered some noise coming from the steering column.
Was the noise actually as loud as it appears in the video? I and another person had mentioned about it on team bhp earlier but the noise was much lower. I had correlated if with smart pilot on highways. Try switching off associated features and see if the noise is still coming.

As for getting a response, try dropping an email to the customer care and they would forward the issue to GM services of your last service centre. That kind of forces the ASC to follow up.
impala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 12:54   #5604

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Was the noise actually as loud as it appears in the video?
The video makes it seem slightly louder but it is fairly noticeable.

Quote:
I had correlated if with smart pilot on highways. Try switching off associated features and see if the noise is still coming.
We don't keep the smart pilot or lane keep assist on. And this happened when ACC wasn't active (or even on standby). Just regular cruising. It's not like it started after some sudden jerk. We were just out for a joyride on good smooth noida roads when it randomly started.

Quote:
As for getting a response, try dropping an email to the customer care
Thanks, will do that soon.
Old 22nd May 2022, 13:41   #5605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Dear Sir. Did you notice that the cruise control module is shiny black. And left side audio control panel is matte in AX5 version. So did you also order the audio panel in shiny black?
The part that I ordered, had both right and left side steering controls, in piano Black finish. Will be replacing both
shiven2207 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 14:40   #5606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avijayr View Post
This is the same for me as well - just that AA has never worked for me in wireless mode since I bought the car! I have not yet replaced my phone. Can others please confirm that AA is supposed to work in wireless and/or BT mode? Then I will also try to reach out ot M&M directly for this! TIA!
It works wirelessly for sure, because it used to work in my OnePlus 7T earlier.
naveenchhillar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 14:45   #5607
BHPian

It's been 2500km in ODO in my AX7. Few things have started to easily fall off, like the AC knobs I will be reporting this to Mahindra service. Owners, please share if you are facing similar troubles.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220522140633.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220522140626.jpg  

anil_neo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 18:37   #5608
BHPian

Quote:
Encountered some noise coming from the steering column. I

Would be great if someone could shed some light on it.
Please check speakers. Looks like one of speakers has some kind of short wiring.

Last edited by Sheel : 17th June 2022 at 18:30. Reason: No SMS language please. Please write in full without any acronyms / short-forms. Thanks.
MissionManali is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd May 2022, 00:17   #5609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avijayr View Post
This is an issue with Android Auto and certain one plus phone models. It's all over the Android forums, but with over a year of complaints by many people there are no fixes for these specific models that are not connecting wirelessly.

I really don't think Mahindra can fix this issue unless Google does something about it. I hate having to connect my phone with wire as a temporary fix till I most likely change my phone to a different brand or model which works with wireless AA.
souvik6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 00:53   #5610
BHPian

Thanks a ton. Got it now, will order once my delivery is near.

What was the costing of auto folding mirrors. Did u also order the auto fold mirrors from the same site? Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiven2207 View Post
The part that I ordered, had both right and left side steering controls, in piano Black finish. Will be replacing both

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks