Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2013, 18:18   #1666
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

The face lifted Linea is already available in FIAT markets outside India. To me the new version's bumper is unappealing, but then everyone is wired differently.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-fiatlineaturkeymay2013.picturecourtesyofdigitalcarmagazine.com_.tr_.jpg

More views here

{copyright of the image and the video rests with their respective owners}

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Thanks for the info. I read in autocar magazine that 2014 Linea will have lot of changes including exterior and interior bits.

Last edited by khoj : 12th August 2013 at 18:21.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 18:27   #1667
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I read in autocar magazine that 2014 Linea will have lot of changes including exterior and interior bits.

Is it a good option to wait for it or buy 2013 model now with good discounts?
The changes are mainly a facelift, and possibly a bigger & more powerful diesel. The facelifted version is sold abroad now, and most people don't like the new looks, but you may. You can google for pics or search for the relevant posts here.

For many things (new computer, mobile, car, etc.), the policy I follow is, if I can't wait, I buy the best I can afford, if I can wait, I wait. No point going crazy agonizing over possibilities. There will always be a better product tomorrow, but if you decide to wait you could be waiting for ever and never buy!

I also don't like to be the guinea pig testing somebody's product by being the first to buy the newly released version, but that's just me. Many people get a thrill from being on the bleeding edge.

----------------------------

What are the esteemed Lineas owners with 205/55-16 tyres keeping pressures at in the city and for long distance? Comments please? TIA
Old 12th August 2013, 18:32   #1668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
.....To me the new version's bumper is unappealing, but then everyone is wired differently.
Agree with you there. But FIAT were stuck in a sort of lose-lose situation. If they did nothing to the exteriors, customers would have called them lazy. But on the other hand, changing something on a car which looked as good as the Linea already did was a very tough job. And I agree they havnt pulled it off, the old front was better in my view too.

But on the other hand, I think most Indian customers will love the chrome on the front of the car.

But still, despite the not so great improvements to the exterior, its still not bad looking. I will still rate it as the best looking C-segment sedan in India. And the better engines and improved interior design make this a car worth the wait, if one has the patience. I am in fact waiting for it, and hoping for a MultiAir petrol engine to make an appearance.
Old 12th August 2013, 18:43   #1669
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post

What are the esteemed Lineas owners with 205/55-16 tyres keeping pressures at in the city and for long distance? Comments please? TIA
For Goodyear Eagles, I used to keep all 4 tyres at 32 psi. This works well for the Goodyears which already have a hard and harsh ride.

For my current Michelin Primacy LCs, I keep 36 at the front and 33 at the rear. Overinflating the PLCs is being done to prevent flexing of the softer sidewalls and avoid issues on bad roads. That said, 36F and 33R is the recommended pressure in the owner's manual for cars with full load, and 33F and 30R for solo driven cars.

Last edited by KarthikK : 12th August 2013 at 18:58.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 19:52   #1670
BHPian

I asked because on Bangalore city roads with speedbreakers, bumps and potholes, the ride is somewhat harsh at 36/33 in Pirelli P7 tyres even at slow speed.

I'll also be off to Mysore the coming weekend - the first time I'll be able to cruise at anything over 40 kmph!
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 22:40   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
If the temperature guage tells you proper and perfect operating temperature.
Why bother touching the bonnet,it actually tells nothing.
Oh, that's not the point. I check the temp gauge and it's well within normal. Just that the hot area is not above the radiator but behind the headlamp, which made me think as to what that might be - intercooler perhaps ? That, and if it was a normal thing with other Tjets as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skm1967 View Post
I was expecting the bonnet of my T-Jet to be really hot to touch after the drive, specially after my experience with Santro. I was actually shocked (pleasantly) to notice the bonnet temperature to be just about ambient temperature. No hot spots at all. I am actually surprised with your observation on the matter. You may like to get your vehicle checked.
Regards.
I'll have to check that after longer duration of running, maybe the higher speed allows for better cooling (more airflow). As of now, there's no sign of trouble, but I will take the car for inspection before embarking on a long drive though.
Old 13th August 2013, 12:06   #1672
BHPian

Commenting about the refreshed Linea, what I really feel is needed is a change in interiors rather than the exterior - this includes the OEM sound system and speakers (kind of cracks at high volumes), quality of the plastics and the rough edges, the overall look and feel of the dash, especially the Head Unit area.

Also, they should do something about the gearshift. It's not as smooth as expected from such a lovely machine.

My two cents.
Tats07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 16:58   #1673
Senior - BHPian

Fiat's Independence Day deals

Fiat has launched a ‘Freedom Drive’ programme wherein customers can drive to a location of their choice for three nights in a Fiat.

Click for more details http://www.autocarindia.com/News/353...day-deals.aspx
Old 13th August 2013, 23:48   #1674
BHPian

Quote:
Fiat has launched a ‘Freedom Drive’ programme wherein customers can drive to a location of their choice for three nights in a Fiat.[/url]
Well this freedom drive is meant only for new bookings as mentioned in fiat India website.
Old 14th August 2013, 09:19   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Commenting about the refreshed Linea, what I really feel is needed is a change in interiors rather than the exterior - this includes the OEM sound system and speakers (kind of cracks at high volumes), quality of the plastics and the rough edges, the overall look and feel of the dash, especially the Head Unit area.
Also, they should do something about the gearshift. It's not as smooth as expected from such a lovely machine.
If the refresh is based on the Turkey facelift, then the interiors (dashboard, OEM music system, colors, etc) are definitely refreshed. But cannot say the same about the speakers and the interior space. Also from the photos, cubby holes and bottle holders (or the lack of it) remains same as the current Linea.
Old 14th August 2013, 09:49   #1676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
If the refresh is based on the Turkey facelift, then the interiors (dashboard, OEM music system, colors, etc) are definitely refreshed. But cannot say the same about the speakers and the interior space. Also from the photos, cubby holes and bottle holders (or the lack of it) remains same as the current Linea.
The refresh is definitely based on the Turkish facelift. The interiors do see a few additions, other than the improved design itself. A few of them are:

1. Flow volume control for the air vents.
2. Dual Zone Climate control.
3. Rotary knobs for the front seat recline
4. Aux-in and USB port on the dashboard. As of now there is no aux-in at all, and the USB port is inside the glove box.

Hopefully these do make an appearance in India too, as well as the existing features which are not available outside, like auto-lights, auto-wipers, rear knee level air vent, front arm-rest etc.

Though considering that is nothing but a facelift, with no real changes to the dimensions, I dont think there will be any improvement in interior space.
julupani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 12:48   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
That is 8.6 l/100km , that's a lower case letter L , not digit 1. Digital fonts can be confusing.
Thanks a lot Ricci for the reply and confirming the same.

Thanks Akshay for the tip, I had not explored the settings (my bad ) and have now changed it to Kmpl from l/100
Old 15th August 2013, 11:34   #1678
BHPian

Do you guys suggest to go for the GC upgrade for the used Linea that I am planning to purchase?

Also, it would also be helpful if you could let me know the best price that I could offer for this car. It is a 2011 tjet plus done 25000 km. It seems to be accident free and well maintained vehicle and the seller is quoting 6 lakhs. There are a couple of rattles in the cabin though.

Thanks!
Old 15th August 2013, 11:43   #1679
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Do you guys suggest to go for the GC upgrade for the used Linea that I am planning to purchase?

Also, it would also be helpful if you could let me know the best price that I could offer for this car. It is a 2011 tjet plus done 25000 km. It seems to be accident free and well maintained vehicle and the seller is quoting 6 lakhs. There are a couple of rattles in the cabin though.

Thanks!
I don't think you would need the GC upgrade package for the old T-Jet+. 170mm is sufficient and offers the best of both worlds. I've been happily touring around with the 170mm GC on bad roads and had no GC problems whatsoever.

6 lacs seems to be a reasonable asking price for the car that you describe, considering the T-Jet Emotion right now retails at around 10L on road. Go for it.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 21:07   #1680

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post

Congratulations, TheTeacher.

I booked my Minimal Grey T-Jet Emotion yesterday and I have to wait for 15-20 days. I will keep you guys posted.
Guys,

My T-Jet came to the dealer stockyard last Friday and completed my PDI on the same day. I had the following observations and asked them to fix it.

1. Slight gap in the closing lines of bonnet compared to the car standing next.
2. LHS Orvm produces feeble screeching sound during operation.
3. LHS rear door upper chrome (at the bottom of the windshield lining ) lining slightly not matching with the quarter glass chrome lining when the door is in closed status.
4. LHS rear seat head rest's polythene cover got a small piece of grease which spread across the headrest leather after I noticed and touched. I asked them to clean it.
5. One of the rear side speakers doesn't seem to be singing. I am not sure whether any audio settings need to be set. But, as per Sathya this is peculiar. I asked them to look into it and fix.

Luckily I got the T-Jet discount (for exchanging my swift petrol) too after my pressing request. :-)

Full payment completed on Tuesday evening and I will get my car tomorrow (Friday) afternoon.

I thank all the T-Jet owners here in this forum; specially johy and sathya who addressed my concerns in my introduction thread. I will start my ownership report very soon.

You guys rock!!! Welcome me to the exclusive T-Jet owners club in India.

Thanks.
Lloyd is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks