Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2014, 12:00   #361
BHPian

Re: Coorg recommendations

I am also without any accommodation options. I checked coorg & madikeri all are sold out. Any help would be great

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th September 2014, 12:12   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
* Madikeri-Sriranapattana through the "shortcut" - Bypassing Mysore: 1KM is in horrendous condition. No tar on the road. Rest is average.
I think this is what bsdbsd was mentioning about.

This road till Ranganathittu turn is patchy, and the ~1KM stretch in image above is horrible.

However I guess it is still worth taking this road instead of going via Mysore ring road to avoid traffic.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 13:08   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
I stayed in a place in-between Madikeri and Talakaveri (paloor exactly) and didn't find any issue enroute. Even the localities suggesting us to go to Talakaveri and did not say anything about road blocks or traffic diversion.
The information about the road repairs was on last Saturday (27th Sep). In fact, the resort also cancelled the planned trips to Talakaveri. It may have become better now, or it may be fully ok by October. Its "current condition" only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I think this is what bsdbsd was mentioning about.

This road till Ranganathittu turn is patchy, and the ~1KM stretch in image above is horrible.

However I guess it is still worth taking this road instead of going via Mysore ring road to avoid traffic.
You are absolutely right. Thanks for providing the photo. The reality is much worse when dust gets kicked up by trucks. Its unbearable. But it gets over in 5-8 mins. This stretch is less than a KM. I will take Suhas' word for this route still being worth over the other route. I needed to hear it after driving through this road .

Last edited by bsdbsd : 29th September 2014 at 13:11. Reason: Avoided back to back posts
bsdbsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 13:34   #364
BHPian

Quote:
The information about the road repairs was on last Saturday (27th Sep). In fact, the resort also cancelled the planned trips to Talakaveri. It may have become better now, or it may be fully ok by October. Its "current condition" only.
But - I was there too on 27th/ 28th Sep!
maheshramaling is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 14:25   #365
BHPian

^^. . So much for second hand information! Not sure where the disconnect is. May be they (resort folks) planned to take us in a different route. I cancelled my drive as well based on their inputs.

If you have been on that route as recently as last week, then your information supersedes everything else there is. You may want to personally ping procrj and inform the same.
bsdbsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 14:45   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But - I was there too on 27th/ 28th Sep!
Quote:
^^. . So much for second hand information!
will take a call after talking to some more folks. I still have a couple of weeks before my trip.
Old 15th October 2014, 17:21   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Driving down to Coorg tomorrow.
Route: Bangalore > Srirangapatna >Hunsur > Kushalnagar > Siddapura Anything that I need to be aware of apart from the misery that is Bangalore - Mysore road?
Old 15th October 2014, 19:14   #368
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Route: Bangalore > Srirangapatna >Hunsur > Kushalnagar > Siddapura Anything that I need to be aware of apart from the misery that is Bangalore - Mysore road?
Needless to say start early at least by 5am so that you can stop for breakfast just when the places open and exit at Srirangapatna to Yelwala. Starting too early will probably negate availability of food/break options on Bangalore-Srirangapatna stretch. In that case you have to look for McD / CCD options.

Last edited by NPV : 15th October 2014 at 19:15.
Old 15th October 2014, 19:33   #369
BHPian

Quote:
If you are not going on a week-end, I would suggest you to to take the mysore ring road (taking right @ columbia asia/ country club junction) instead of Srirangapatna. Roads are smooth (except railway bridges) and you will not waste time.
Old 15th October 2014, 20:47   #370
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Needless to say start early at least by 5am so that you can stop for breakfast just when the places open and exit at Srirangapatna to Yelwala. Starting too early will probably negate availability of food/break options on Bangalore-Srirangapatna stretch. In that case you have to look for McD / CCD options.
If you start early there is one more option. Drive all the way to Mysore. On the ORR there a hotel called Kalyani. A very nice place to take a break. And it would be open by time you reach.
Old 15th October 2014, 23:56   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
take the mysore ring road (taking right @ columbia asia/ country club junction)
Was not planning on the ring road as some members have mentioned monster speed breakers. Are you saying that it is still better than the route I plan to take?

Quote:
Needless to say start early at least by 5am
Planning a 5am start

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you start early there is one more option. Drive all the way to Mysore.
Thanks for that suggestion Ampere
Old 16th October 2014, 00:07   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah you right! Bangalore Mysore === is a misery!

Do not enter Mysore, take the ring road. at Columbia Asia Hospital and Join the Hunsur Road.

Then you are free with some great roads ahead.
Old 16th October 2014, 11:26   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Was not planning on the ring road as some members have mentioned monster speed breakers. Are you saying that it is still better than the route I plan to take?
Yes - there were speed breakers in ring road but not as many as the bangalore - mysore SH. May be - while going you could take the ring road and if you don't like it - take the KRS/ Srirangapatna route while coming back.
Old 16th October 2014, 13:46   #374
BHPian

Quote:
If any one starting at 5am from Bangalore towards Coorg, I would suggest to take the Srirangapatna - Eliwala byepass. You will reach here around 7am and its very scenic at that time. For breakfast, you can stop at Cafe County (old Coorg Cafe) @ Hunsur around 7.45-8am. Also please note that even at 5am, the traffic till Bidadi will be heavy
Old 19th October 2014, 19:43   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
May be - while going you could take the ring road and if you don't like it - take the KRS/ Srirangapatna route while coming back.
Did just that. Took the ring road on the way to Coorg and the drive was a breeze. Absolutely no traffic from Bangalore to Mysore and even the ring road was free. The journey all the way to Siddapura was stress free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
If any one starting at 5am from Bangalore towards Coorg, I would suggest to take the Srirangapatna - Eliwala byepass
This road is very patchy and the Ring road is a much better option on weekdays. Not sure what the traffic situation is on weekends but even if i have to spend 15 min more, I would prefer the Ring road over Srirangapatna - Eliwala.

OT: The roads in mysore are amazing! Drove around quiet a bit yesterday & today and I must say that they are silky smooth when compared to the roads in Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks