Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2014, 10:17   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Coorg recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thanks ampere! I checked couple of options mentioned in the above thread but both were sold out for October first week. This being a holiday weekend, I think its already late.
Old 15th September 2014, 11:23   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Can anyone suggest some good options for a 2 day stay in coorg? Either home stay or resort. Budget is around 2K-3K. Its for 2 families with 4 Kids in total.
Arun have sent you a PM with the contact number of the owner of Berry Lane homestay. You can call and check for availability. I hosted a friend here last month and they were extremely satisfied, however I personally haven't been here yet!
luvurride is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 11:40   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Arun have sent you a PM with the contact number of the owner of Berry Lane homestay. You can call and check for availability. I hosted a friend here last month and they were extremely satisfied, however I personally haven't been here yet!
Thanks luvurride! I just called them and checked, but this is full as well.
Old 15th September 2014, 12:15   #349
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

@arun_josie - Try Mayura Valley View in Madikeri.
This is a KSTDC owned property, with great location near Raja Seat and has excellent valley views on one side.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 12:50   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks luvurride! I just called them and checked, but this is full as well.
Yep spoke to him now to suggest few more, but he affirmed that all the good places around are taken up already! Tough luck my friend!
luvurride is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 18:27   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone suggest some good options for a 2 day stay in coorg? Either home stay or resort. Budget is around 2K-3K. Its for 2 families with 4 Kids in total.
Hi arun,

Did you find any place to stay? The long weekend is booked at most of the good places. If not then get in touch. Maybe I can help.
Old 23rd September 2014, 14:25   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Traveled to Coorg last Saturday and returned yesterday (Monday).
For onward trip took Hassan - Gorur (SH 21) - Arkalagaud - Shanivarasanthe - Somwarpet - Madikeri route since I wanted to visit Sheethahalli church on the way. Road condition on Hassan Gorur route is pathetic, it improves a bit once you cross Arkalagaud and is good between Somwarpet and Madikeri. However unless you are completely fed up with the Mysore - Kushalnagar- Madikeri route I would suggest you avoid this.

For return journey took the usual Kushalnagar - Periyapatana - Hunsur route, took the deviation towards KRS - Ranganathittu route before Mysore bye-pass to join Bangalore - Mysore road near Srirangapattana. The initial section of the road is bad with around 200 meters completely dug up for some road work. Once you cross Ranganathittu turn road is in good condition.
Old 26th September 2014, 16:53   #353
BHPian

Guys Iam planning for Coorg trip for this long weekend on Oct 1st week. This would be my first visit to Coorg. Going with family of 5 with a 5yr old kid. I have 3 nights and 4 days to spend. Will start from Bangalore on Oct 2nd morning and need to come back by 05th evening.
Please suggest me -
1) Some good accomodations (Home stays or Resorts). Budget of 2k per person.
2) Places to visit and in what order....

Few places I googled was Abbey, Mallahalli.and Irupu Falls, Nagarhole, Wayanad, Dubare elephant camp and water rafting, Raja seat, Bylakuppe Golden temple, Rajas Fort, Omkareshwara Temple, Talakaveri.

Please advice what all places can be covered in 4 days and may be in what order to save time.

Last edited by Bhargava_sr : 26th September 2014 at 16:54.
Old 26th September 2014, 17:36   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
Guys Iam planning for Coorg trip for this long weekend on Oct 1st week. This would be my first visit to Coorg. Going with family of 5 with a 5yr old kid. I have 3 nights and 4 days to spend. Will start from Bangalore on Oct 2nd morning and need to come back by 05th evening.
Please suggest me -
1) Some good accomodations (Home stays or Resorts). Budget of 2k per person.
2) Places to visit and in what order....

Few places I googled was Abbey, Mallahalli.and Irupu Falls, Nagarhole, Wayanad, Dubare elephant camp and water rafting, Raja seat, Bylakuppe Golden temple, Rajas Fort, Omkareshwara Temple, Talakaveri.

Please advice what all places can be covered in 4 days and may be in what order to save time.
Hi Bhargava,

I went to Madikeri, Coorg in 2011. I can't suggest about where to stay but for places to visit and itinerary you can refer to my blog:

http://www.bitwindow.com/coorg-mysore/
Old 26th September 2014, 19:41   #355
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
However unless you are completely fed up with the Mysore - Kushalnagar- Madikeri route I would suggest you avoid this.
Thats because you went all the way till Hassan (for Shettihalli). Else the better road is C R Patna - Holenarasipur - Arkalgud - Shaniwarsanthe - Somwarpet - Madikeri
Old 26th September 2014, 19:48   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thats because you went all the way till Hassan (for Shettihalli). Else the better road is C R Patna - Holenarasipur - Arkalgud - Shaniwarsanthe - Somwarpet - Madikeri
Yes, the Hassan -Gorur route is a real pain.

However what I mentioned was Arkalgud - Shaniwarsanthe route was also patchy at many places.
Old 28th September 2014, 10:44   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Planning a Coorg trip Mid October hence needs some inputs on road conditions:
- Periyapatna - Siddapura: have driven this route in Feb and it was in bad shape. Am i better off driving via Kushalnagar?
- Madikeri - Tala Kaveri: Haven't driven down this road. Any feedback will be appreciated

Last edited by procrj : 28th September 2014 at 10:46.
Old 28th September 2014, 15:35   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
- Madikeri - Tala Kaveri: Haven't driven down this road. Any feedback will be appreciated
Hello Procrj,
This route is average and broken at places, you can easily do 50-60 Kmph, the greenery around will make up for the slow travel on this route.
There are patches of good rood as well.
I traveled on 13th September 2014 on this route.
Some pictures of this route.

Coorg recommendations-dsc_0081.jpg
Coorg recommendations-dsc_0085.jpg
Coorg recommendations-dsc_0123.jpg
Coorg recommendations-dsc_0151.jpg
Coorg recommendations-dsc_0152.jpg
Coorg recommendations-dsc_0188.jpg
Coorg recommendations-dsc_0189.jpg
Coorg recommendations-dsc_0269.jpg
vijaymishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 11:21   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Planning a Coorg trip Mid October hence needs some inputs on road conditions:
- Periyapatna - Siddapura: have driven this route in Feb and it was in bad shape. Am i better off driving via Kushalnagar?
I am just back from Madikeri after a 5 day trip. I stayed at Club Mahindra Madikeri.

procrj: Drop any plans of driving to Talakaveri, as the road has caved in, and its undergoing repairs. Its simply not advisable to drive here given the current conditions.

* Bangalore-Mysore: Lots of traffic blocks by Police. Drive carefully. Saw a nasty accident after Bidadi, where an Ecosport was almost decimated. The bumper of EcoSport was on the other side of the road. Could not take photos as people had blocked the spot. Did not look good.
* Mysore-Madikeri: Excellent road conditions.
* Madikeri-Virajapet: Excellent again.
* Madikeri-Sriranapattana through the "shortcut" - Bypassing Mysore: 1KM is in horrendous condition. No tar on the road. Rest is average.
bsdbsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 11:53   #360
BHPian

Quote:
I did this route on Saturday and road is fantastic until C R Patna but after that - it's not good (especially before Arkalgud). Feel the best is to take the regular hunsur route from Mysore. To Mysore - Kanakapura road probably is better - though while returning - we took the mysore road and it was pain even in the afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
I am just back from Madikeri after a 5 day trip. I stayed at Club Mahindra Madikeri.

procrj: Drop any plans of driving to Talakaveri, as the road has caved in, and its undergoing repairs. Its simply not advisable to drive here given the current conditions.

* Bangalore-Mysore: Lots of traffic blocks by Police. Drive carefully. Saw a nasty accident after Bidadi, where an Ecosport was almost decimated. The bumper of EcoSport was on the other side of the road. Could not take photos as people had blocked the spot. Did not look good.
* Mysore-Madikeri: Excellent road conditions.
* Madikeri-Virajapet: Excellent again.
* Madikeri-Sriranapattana through the "shortcut" - Bypassing Mysore: 1KM is in horrendous condition. No tar on the road. Rest is average.
I stayed in a place in-between Madikeri and Talakaveri (paloor exactly) and didn't find any issue enroute. Even the localities suggesting us to go to Talakaveri and did not say anything about road blocks or traffic diversion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks