Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2015, 16:31   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coorg recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
We ( 2 adults & 1 kid) are planning to visit Coorg in the month of April-May.

Few queries-

4) I read mixed reviews of Taj Vivanta. Does anybody have a first hand experience?
Try Taj if you don’t mind paying their price tag. I enjoyed my stay a year back (http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowUserRe...Karnataka.html ) , I don’t see things changing drastically in a year in a Taj owned property
Old 11th February 2015, 16:46   #422
Team-BHP Support

To add to Taj you can also try Kadkani. Had been there a couple of years back. Very nice place and right beside the river.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 09:58   #423
BHPian

I travelled to Coorg on weekend on 7th February from Bangalore. We took the deviation after Srirangapatna (near Ranganathittu bird sanctuary) which is my usual route while going to Coorg. This route leads to Hunsur.
After travelling a few kms we came across a board saying we need to deviate towards Mysore Ring road. So we had to take a detour and go through the ring road. We were actually better off taking the straight Bangalore-Mysore route.

Not sure how long this route will be closed, it looks like there is repair work going on. One the way back too I enquired with some locals and they said the road is blocked, so we had to come through Mysore Ring road.
Falcon_blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 12:25   #424
BHPian

I am planning a trip to Coorg next month and also have plans to go till Sulia from Talacauvery. Can someone help me with current road conditions of Talacauvery to Sulia via Panathur and Aletty?
Old 18th February 2015, 13:00   #425
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
I am planning a trip to Coorg next month and also have plans to go till Sulia from Talacauvery. Can someone help me with current road conditions of Talacauvery to Sulia via Panathur and Aletty?
I think the last 2 posts on the Bangalore-Bekal-Kasargod thread have some updates on the Panathur - Talacauvery route from December 2014 - Link
Old 18th February 2015, 15:38   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I think the last 2 posts on the Bangalore-Bekal-Kasargod thread have some updates on the Panathur - Talacauvery route from December 2014 - Link
At this point I will stick to come back to Madikeri and then take Sampaje ghat. Also I might change the decision to take Panathur route after crosschecking with local people.
Old 18th February 2015, 21:50   #427
BHPian

Lots of speedbreakers on this route, you will be tempted to speed up only to hit the brakes if you can spot the speed breaker on time. So watch out.
Old 19th February 2015, 11:17   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
Panathur - Aletty - Sullia was known to be a bad road sometime back. No idea of present conditions. You better take Talacauvery - Madikeri - Sampaje - Sullia. Only a very small patch after Sampaje is bad.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 09:25   #429
BHPian

Best Home Stay in Coorg

Hello,

Please help with suggestions for the best homestay in Coorg, it should be scenic and comfortable.

Thanks.
Old 24th March 2015, 10:21   #430
Team-BHP Support

Re: Best Home Stay in Coorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Please help with suggestions for the best homestay in Coorg, it should be scenic and comfortable.
See this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-virajpet.html

Hope this helps.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 21:32   #431
BHPian

Re: Best Home Stay in Coorg

Quote:
Hello,
Thanks.
I would strongly recommend The Jade Coorg homestay , was there in November with wife n few of my cousins during my visit to India , absolutely stunning home stay and more importantly owner managed ( Kabir & Megha ) , their attention to detail is simply superb , the place is scenic and the food was truly awesome and the price very reasonable.
Old 25th March 2015, 20:50   #432
BHPian

Best route to Serene Woods Madikeri

Hello Friends,

What is the best route for Madikeri from Bangalore? Please suggest some good breakfast options as well.

Thanks.
Old 26th March 2015, 07:49   #433
Team-BHP Support

Re: Best route to Serene Woods Madikeri

Quote:
What is the best route for Madikeri from Bangalore? Please suggest some good breakfast options as well.
Bangalore-Kunigal-Channarayapatna-Holenararipur-Arkalgud-Shanivarsanthe-Somwarpet-Madikeri.

Please see the exact route that I have marked:

Route Link

You can have break-fast at Adigas or Swathi just after Kunigal bypass on the 4-lane NH48. There is also Mayura and a CCD after the Belur cross toll both.
Old 26th March 2015, 22:51   #434
BHPian

Do make a note of the departure from Google Maps suggested route (SH8) between Channarayapatna and Holenararipur.

Also, if one has to travel to Kushal nagar which one of the below options is recommended towards Konanur ?
Option1 :
Coorg recommendations-option1.jpg

Option 2 :

Coorg recommendations-option2.jpg

I will plan to drive to Coorg on Apr 3rd at 6am from Jayanagar 9th block. If anyone else is planning a drive feel free to drop a PM. Maybe we can meet
Old 27th March 2015, 20:02   #435
BHPian

Guys, need an advice. Is Bangalore to Coorg and back possible in a day? Suppose if one starts at 3AM, by what time can he reach Coorg? How long can he spend there before starting back for Bangalore and reach by evening?

Also, kindly suggest good restaurants/viewpoints in Coorg. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks