Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2020, 08:46   #1006
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Drove on Mysore road (NH 275) after a long time. The progress on the widening work is much more than what I'd seen last time. I could see the bypasses for towns like Ramnagara and Channapatna. Hope the entire project completes in a year or so at least.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 16:06   #1007
BHPian

Folks,
Quick question. Do we need any pass now to head to Mysore? Or are we all done with restrictions on travel within the state?
Old 24th August 2020, 16:14   #1008
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Folks,
Quick question. Do we need any pass now to head to Mysore? Or are we all done with restrictions on travel within the state?
It's been quite some time since intra state and inter district travel restrictions were lifted and one could always travel to any destination within the state of Karnataka.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 16:35   #1009
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
It's been quite some time since intra state and inter district travel restrictions were lifted and one could always travel to any destination within the state of Karnataka.
In fact, there was a lot of traffic yesterday on the Mysore Road, almost like the pre-COVID days. Many of the restaurants en route were also operating with decent crowds (we were not so adventurous though).
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 16:59   #1010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
In fact, there was a lot of traffic yesterday on the Mysore Road, almost like the pre-COVID days. Many of the restaurants en route were also operating with decent crowds (we were not so adventurous though).
True. This has been the case since more than a month NPV. In fact, situation at popular restaurants enroute continues to remain same, CROWDED!!
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 17:37   #1011
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
almost like the pre-COVID days
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
In fact, situation at popular restaurants enroute continues to remain same, CROWDED!!
+1 to that. Avoided Mysore road and took the Nagamangala route 2 weeks ago because of Sunday evening traffic on the Mysore road.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 09:39   #1012
BHPian

Quick update on my drive to Mysore and back yesterday- took the NH48 and NH150A as we started from my BIL house near ISCKON, drive was an absolute bliss with no traffic and no hold ups at the tool plaza. Took the diversion towards Nagamanagala and the road till Mysore is superb. Joined the mayhem of the regular BLR-MYS road near Srirangapatna till Mysore. Return was on the same route and looks like the traffic is now nearing the Pre-Covid levels.
Old 25th September 2020, 13:10   #1013
BHPian

Travelled from Bangalore to Calicut via following route on 23,24 September:

BLR > Kanakapura > Malavalli > Mysore ORR > Gundlupet > Muthanga > Calicut

Day time and night time traffic is far lower than pre-Covid levels. Fair amount of traffic contention only from the vicinity of Kanakapura. In PC days the contention was active after Malavalli itself. Seemingly not too much progress in the road works between Malavalli and Bangalore, same stretches under construction. The Highway Dhabas looked to be open on this stretch however I stopped only at the CCD at Gundlupet, where the process of ordering has become extremely cumbersome; we have to order from its app which never ends up syncing with the store and in the end we have to repeat the order anyways.

Over all the drive on this stretch has improved considerably, I was able to maintain a steady 90-100 kmph cruising speed for most of the stretch.

Mysore Outer Ring Road seem to be deteriorating on a day to day basis. The number of potholes are increasing and becoming larger in size.
king of cochin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 14:34   #1014
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Huliyurdurga-Magadi road, trees have been axed and work is happening fast. The Kunigal-HDurga stretch is almost completed.
Deehunk - any recent updates on Magadi - H'Durga stretch? I am thinking about driving H'Durga - Nagamangala - KR Pete - Saligrama - Ramanathapura this long weekend. Any idea if the roads are good post KR Pete?
Old 3rd November 2020, 22:57   #1015
BHPian

How are the roads on the Mysore - Bannur - Malavlli - Halgur sections? Also the Halgur - Muthathi stretch? Would be grateful for any pointers.
Old 9th December 2020, 10:13   #1016
BHPian

I'm driving down from Whitefield to Pattambi and then to Kochi via Nilambur on 13th Sunday.

What route is suggested? Via Ramanagara, Mandya or Kanakapura, Malavalli?

With a 5 am start, what will be my options for breakfast?

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th December 2020, 10:18   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post

Thanks in advance.
Why not the route via ORR- Yeshwanthpur elevated road - Nelamangala - Kunigal- turn off towards Pandavapura - Srirangapatna - Mysore ?... you can have breakfast at Srirangapatna or in Mysore.
mazda4life is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 10:57   #1018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm driving down from Whitefield to Pattambi and then to Kochi via Nilambur on 13th Sunday.

What route is suggested? Via Ramanagara, Mandya or Kanakapura, Malavalli?

Tough to choose I guess - both are being widened. Maybe take the GQ route via Salem-Coimbatore? Going via Nilambur has no time advantage and you have to drive longer in Kerala.

But with a gun to my head I'd pick Mysore Road proper. 5 AM start means I'll be in Mysore city in time for breakfast.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 11:57   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Why not the route via ORR- Yeshwanthpur elevated road - Nelamangala - Kunigal- turn off towards Pandavapura - Srirangapatna - Mysore ?... you can have breakfast at Srirangapatna or in Mysore.
Thanks. What is the benefit of taking this route? Is it faster than the other 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Tough to choose I guess - both are being widened. Maybe take the GQ route via Salem-Coimbatore? Going via Nilambur has no time advantage and you have to drive longer in Kerala.

But with a gun to my head I'd pick Mysore Road proper. 5 AM start means I'll be in Mysore city in time for breakfast.
Thanks. I just wanted to drive through the forest with kids to have a change. No time constraints for me. If the breakfast is at Mysore, any suggestions on the ORR?
Old 9th December 2020, 12:37   #1020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I just wanted to drive through the forest with kids to have a change. No time constraints for me. If the breakfast is at Mysore, any suggestions on the ORR?
Nilambur route is Scenic. Take the Bangalore - Mysore road. Kanakapura road is best avoided, not in a good shape.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks