Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2011, 11:01   #3961
Distinguished - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Yesterday we went for lunch to "Paradise"

Landed there a little before 1pm and it was unexpectedly empty and were seated quickly.

We ordered :-

Thumbs Up 2 No's ( Rs.52)

Mutton Boti Kebab ( Rs.250)

Marinated away to glory and extremely juicy. 6-7 large pieces and it was simply awesome

Mutton Biryani ( Rs.210)

As usual we asked for double masala. It was fresh, super hot, flavours wafting through the air and the meat was super soft and was melting away in the hands. This is what is Hyderabadi Biryani all about. Other places in the city are just a variation of this original outlet

Except that it was a tad oily ( gave a earful to waiter about it)

Last 3 occasions went during lunch and each time it was mindblowing. I still maintain Paradise Biryani is the BEST biryani in town. Just go there for an early lunch

The prices mentioned above is as per menu card. However, when the bill came. They charged Rs.218.XX for the Kebab and Rs.183 for the Biryani. Vat was 14.5% and no other charges.

Still yeh majra kya hai (why this happened)

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th December 2011 at 11:03.
Old 4th December 2011, 20:33   #3962
BHPian

Took parents, 3 kids (incl 2 neices) and wife to OTF for lunch today. Very down to earth and nice place. They are expanding as per the owner (I presume) and he mentioned the bread oven will be functional some time this month and they will be offering breads on the menu and start serving the sandwiches as well.

The food is good, the garden pizza lived upto the expectations set earlier in this thread, but today's winner is the spicy cottage cheese pizza. Kids liked the cheese filled mushrooms as well and the wedges too. Total bill - ~1500 for 4 adults and 3 teen-kids.

Thanks for the reco.
Old 5th December 2011, 09:38   #3963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
This (Paradise) is what is Hyderabadi Biryani all about. Other places in the city are just a variation of this original outlet

Last 3 occasions went during lunch and each time it was mindblowing. I still maintain Paradise Biryani is the BEST biryani in town. Just go there for an early lunch.

The prices mentioned above is as per menu card. However, when the bill came. They charged Rs.218.XX for the Kebab and Rs.183 for the Biryani. Vat was 14.5% and no other charges.

Still yeh majra kya hai (why this happened)
Agree that before 1pm is the best time to visit Paradise or for that matter, you will get the best service and biryani in good shape around this time at most of the biryani outlets.

The prices quoted on the menu are inclusive of VAT. May be they don't want to surprise their patrons by adding VAT to the menu prices.
Old 5th December 2011, 11:28   #3964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Took parents, 3 kids (incl 2 neices) and wife to OTF for lunch today. Very down to earth and nice place. They are expanding as per the owner (I presume) and he mentioned the bread oven will be functional some time this month and they will be offering breads on the menu and start serving the sandwiches as well.

The food is good, the garden pizza lived upto the expectations set earlier in this thread, but today's winner is the spicy cottage cheese pizza. Kids liked the cheese filled mushrooms as well and the wedges too. Total bill - ~1500 for 4 adults and 3 teen-kids.

Thanks for the reco.
What time were you there?

I went to OTF at 2.30 PM and the place was empty. Went with wife and kids.

They did not have mushrooms when we ordered :-(

Ate:

Lemon Chilly Prawns - Loved the couscous salad with lovely prawns - 135/-

Basil Grilled Chicken - tasty, soft chicken - 90/-

Potato Wedges - Nice n crispy - 55/-

Grilled Chicken Lemon Salad - A bit too tangy but still pretty good

OTF special non-veg pizza (12") - Lots of n/v toppings, thin crust, lovely pizza - 250/-

Chicken Lasagna - Loved the creamy lasagna, nice n tender chicken - 135/-

2 Walnut Brownies - Kids loved it - 50/- each

Total bill - 877/-

Good dining experience except for a loud argument between the owner lady and one of the delivery boys
Old 5th December 2011, 12:21   #3965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
What time were you there? I went to OTF at 2.30 PM and the place was empty.
They did not have mushrooms when we ordered :-(
Sorry about the mushrooms, we doubled the order of mushrooms as the kids devoured the first round in no time. We left around 2:30pm.
Old 5th December 2011, 14:24   #3966
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Agree that before 1pm is the best time to visit Paradise or for that matter, you will get the best service and biryani in good shape around this time at most of the biryani outlets.

The prices quoted on the menu are inclusive of VAT. May be they don't want to surprise their patrons by adding VAT to the menu prices.
Actually, the total bill came to less than what it would have if 14.5% VAT was included. So, its still a mystery !
Old 6th December 2011, 14:21   #3967
Senior - BHPian

I paid visit to Grills n Steaks at Gachibowli this afternoon.
Load : Hillram + 1

Went straight to the Menu and ordered:
- Summer Vegetable Steak : Rs155
- BBQ Chicken Steak : Rs.255
- Grilled Banana Stuffed Chocolate (2 Nos) : Rs.310
- Fresh Lime Soda (2 Nos) : Rs.70

Total Guilt : Rs.850 with tips.
No Services charges were levied to my relief.

Summer Veg steak was delicious and very well made with a huge patty stuffed with Mozarella cheese and vegetables and red chilli sauce and Garlic corn rice,boiled vegetables as accompaniments.The portion was huge.

BBQ chicken Steak looked smaller,but my friend complimented this steak for its BBQ flavours.

Dessert was a let down.The fancy name turned out to be a banana grilled along with the peel and a inciscion made to pour hot chocolate into this mass of pulpy banana served with Vanilla ice cream.Took some time to figure out the right combination to eat.Some bits of charred peel of the Banana also entered my mouth for a disturbing experiance.

Final Verdict : If a dessert lets me down,I will not visit the restaurant again.Therefore no revisit for me to this place.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img00030201112061307.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img00031201112061307.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img00032201112061336.jpg  

Old 6th December 2011, 14:26   #3968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Loved the way you shared the review, Load, Guilt etc

Is Grille and Steak the same which is above Domino Pizza in Gachibowli? If yes, I wrote a detailed review of it here when i visited it some months back.

It was pathetic in service, quality and everything else !!!
Old 6th December 2011, 14:29   #3969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Been planning to visit this place for long, but the mere thought of it has always been a let down. There was one instance, when I stepped into the restaurant and walked out to head towards Wonton. Grills 'n' Steaks never appealed to me. I think I should atleast give them a customary visit for BBQ Chicken Steak.

OTF been on since last Friday. Friday and Monday got Penne Pesto, Chicken Cheese Macaroni, Thyme Scented Chicken, Golden Fried Mushrooms and Blueberry Cheese Cake delivered to my office. It's gonna be OTF Lunch tomorrow again. Looks like I am enjoying OTF to the core. The innumerable visits to OTF still leave me hungry for more.

OT: OTF is expanding. They've taken up two more shops beside their present location and are extending the dining area. Had a word with Paresh yesterday and looks like there would be a couple of new additions to the menu now. Everytime I've been there, my only complain to Paresh was about non-availability of Garlic Breads and it would be no so any more.
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 14:33   #3970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Loved the way you shared the review, Load, Guilt etc

Is Grille and Steak the same which is above Domino Pizza in Gachibowli?
..Yes Avi,its the same place above Dominos in Gachibowli.The service seems to have slightly improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
OTF is expanding.
I wish OTF oodles of luck as its a gourmet restaurant and love their food.

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th December 2011 at 14:36. Reason: Merged the posts as its before 30 minutes of each other
Old 6th December 2011, 18:49   #3971
BHPian

Olive Garden and PF Chang's were my favourite restaurants, while I lived in the states. Are there any restaurants here that come close to these (menu and quality wise)?
Old 6th December 2011, 21:10   #3972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Olive Garden and PF Chang's were my favourite restaurants, while I lived in the states. Are there any restaurants here that come close to these (menu and quality wise)?
It would help to let the members know what do these two restaurants in the States serve in terms of dishes & cuisine for the forum members to let you know if there is any place that serves similar kind of food.

Looks like a large majority of the food at OTF is being gobbled by Bhpians I am a big time fan myself,fingers crossed hope they dont compromise on quality with their expansion.

By the way I just noticed the other day that Health Lovers(not sure if I got the name right)the sandwich place next to Croma on Road 36 has shut shop.
Old 6th December 2011, 22:57   #3973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
It would help to let the members know what do these two restaurants in the States serve in terms of dishes & cuisine for the forum members to let you know if there is any place that serves similar kind of food.
Sorry about that, I should have mentioned this in my previous post.

Lunch Menu at The Olive Garden, Olive Garden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Olive Garden is a chain of restaurants serving Italian recipes, liked eaqually for their complimentary bread and salads as well as the food.

P.F. Chang's China Bistro Menu: Starters-Lunch-Dinner-Vegetarian- Soup & Salad, P. F. Chang's China Bistro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
PF Chang's is a chain of chinese restaurants, liked for the lettuce wraps as well as many other items on their menu.

I am not sure if either could be called an upscale/gourmet joint (relative within USA), a good meal could be had within $10 to $15. I had always enjoyed the food, the quality of the food and service were first class.
Old 6th December 2011, 23:54   #3974
BHPian

Seeing all the responses could not resist the urge and visited OTF last Sunday and man it was mind boggling. The stuffed mushrooms were out of place and so was the Lasagna and the pizza but was a tad dissapointed when they ran out of blueberry cheesecake.

Will try it out the next time.

Visited Hadippa this Sunday the 4th for Lunch armed with a Snap deal voucher of 40% discount for 2 for a bill above 200Rs.

Ordered
Hadippa Spl Tandoori Chicken - Awesome but nothing compared to TC you get at Siddiqui
Veg Handi devoured with butter naan and Garlic naan was great
Finally ordered Chicken Tikka chawal which was loaded with fried onions and was a instant hit with me and wifey.
Will surely visit this place for more Chicken Tikka chawal.
Was rounded of by Lassi
Total cost 640 and using the Snap deal voucher the total came upto 370 odd.
Old 7th December 2011, 10:39   #3975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane78 View Post
Ordered
Hadippa Spl Tandoori Chicken - Awesome but nothing compared to TC you get at Siddiqui
Did you try Tandoori Chicken at Pakwaan.?Its way better than what is served at Siddiqui.

BTW-I will surely visit haddipa in my next visit to Hyderabad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks