Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2015, 09:49   #346
Team-BHP Support

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

I also picked my last pair from them a couple of years ago. They were good.

Will visit again when I am in the area.
Old 1st February 2015, 19:02   #347
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Looking out for a pair of formal black shoes. My current pair Franco Leone has worn out & torn at 1 spot. Expected it to last longer. Any options below 5k?
Hush Puppies & Red Tape seem to be popular options. Comfort would be primary factor & has to take the abuse as i travel by train often.
Old 1st February 2015, 19:12   #348
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I think I will switch over to Reebok.
And I did. Airmax 2015 has upped its price by Rs. 1,000 at Rs 16,000, while the design is good (nothing great if you have used a 2013/2014 model) it is nothing exceptional. To top it up, the sole remains the same. The flour scent Nike mark is cool at night though. Doesn't scream attention, but is sure to attract you.

Hence, I got myself these
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-greenbluewhiteyellowzjetrunreebok10400x400imae37eh2npcfgz4.jpeg  

Old 28th February 2015, 23:46   #349
BHPian

Here is my Red Wing 875 after roughly about 2 months of daily use! It was a bit orangish until I cleaned it with saddle soap and conditioned it with natural oil. It now almost feels like a sneaker! Very comfortable boots!
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-redwing875.jpg  

Last edited by joe1980 : 28th February 2015 at 23:51.
Old 14th September 2015, 22:32   #350
Senior - BHPian

Just got my third pair of Asics in 5/6 years. Gel Nimbus 16 from Reliance Footprint. Costlier than Jabong or Amazon but then personally checking out the fit was important. Unfortunately, they don't import half sizes here in India. Had to settle for size 8 (US 9) while my actual size is 7.5. Despite that the fit of this pair, I must say, was better than my expectation. Cushioning is great. Went for a run as soon as I got home and the feeling was great.
The colour is a hideous black and orange. But quite in sync with my KTM, though I don't even dream to wear them on a bike

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-gelnimbus16sept132015_1137.jpg
Old 15th April 2016, 00:23   #351
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Just got my third pair of Asics in 5/6 years.
Since you've owned a few Asics in the past, wanted to know the comfort & durability of the shoes considering its an unknown brand in India. Quite a few bhpians have used it & praised it, so was thinking of buying it.
My last 4 pair of shoes have been Nike. I just need them for regular walking & not much running. The sole of every Nike shoe has come off, would have expected it to last longer.
The only Nike which i liked at a local mall here costed more than 7k which is quite expensive considering in the US, you get a good pair for less than 50$.
Old 15th April 2016, 10:38   #352
Senior - BHPian

Hi PPS - Asics are not great in terms of durability. If you are not into running, don't buy Asics. They break near the toe box fairly soon. At least that's my experience with the previous two models. In India Asics is retailed by Reliance. They offer great discounts in online stores.
Old 15th April 2016, 11:05   #353
Senior - BHPian

Is there no Skechers showroom in Bangalore? A search in their website shows only Chennai and Cochin. Wanted to buy a pair and I don't prefer going the online route.
Old 15th April 2016, 13:43   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Is there no Skechers showroom in Bangalore? A search in their website shows only Chennai and Cochin. Wanted to buy a pair and I don't prefer going the online route.

Garuda mall has a shop - Planet Sport or some similar name, they sell skechers

Have seen in some other mall too (not company showroom but sold with all brands) don't remember whether it was Mantri or Phoenix mall.
Old 14th May 2016, 16:23   #355
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Bought these Nike FS Lite Run 3 for Rs 6,845 from Planet Sports.

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-nike-1.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-nike-2.jpg
Old 5th July 2016, 19:51   #356
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Bought another pair of Nike shoes for Rs 2,446 from Lifestyle store as these were on discount. Will wear these to gym.
Also bought Franco Leone formal black shoes for Rs 1,797.

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_1249.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_1248.jpg
Old 9th July 2016, 18:08   #357
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Sale at a local mall & I went berserk buying shoes!

Nike Dual Fusion X
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-dual-fusion-x.jpg
Adidas Mana Bounce. First time i've bought this brand. Costed 4.7k
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-mana-bounce.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_1260.jpg
Puma shoes for 1.4k
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_1262.jpg
Old 20th July 2016, 12:10   #358
Senior - BHPian

Need a help!
Planning to buy a formal shoe this week, black colour - lace type, which is good brand/model around 2-2.5K? How good is Hush Puppies brand?
Old 20th July 2016, 12:17   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Need a help!
Planning to buy a formal shoe this week, black colour - lace type, which is good brand/model around 2-2.5K? How good is Hush Puppies brand?
I suggest you to try Metro brand if you have not already. They make a very good shoes (and good designs) and I have not bought any other brand in the last 7 years. Not sure on Hush Puppies.
Old 20th July 2016, 12:34   #360
BHPian

I am an avid user Nike Dynamic Support Shoes. I still the Lunar Glide + 5 for running (have done more than 500kms on them) and Structure 17s for regular usage. I love both very much. However have noticed that the Newer models Like the LG7 and S19 are not that impressive. This might be due to them using dual density foam instead of multi layer single density foams (cost saving i guess). Also, I loved the Fitsole feature which seems to be missing these days. I think Nike has decided to play more on lightweight than on fit. Has other Nike lovers noticed this?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks