Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2013, 10:47   #901
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The Majiwade flyover at Thane - one way going towards GB road from Eastren Express highway is supposed to be operational from tomorrow i.e 15th November as per the paper reports but going by the looks the works are still going on. There are till now no signs/boards to indicate the same. Even if everything is ready, its time for the inaguration wars between the political parties.
I saw last night that the gap between the old Majiwada flyover and new one is about 3 inches and the work was going on. I did not notice the place this morning. There were no pandals or any other setups. No neta's ego will be satisfied if there are no pandals. So, I doubt that it will be inaugurated today or thrown open to public.
Old 15th November 2013, 17:07   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
I saw last night that the gap between the old Majiwada flyover and new one is about 3 inches and the work was going on. I did not notice the place this morning. There were no pandals or any other setups. No neta's ego will be satisfied if there are no pandals. So, I doubt that it will be inaugurated today or thrown open to public.
The new exit from Golden Dyes Flyover into GB Road was being washed and cleaned up this morning. I saw it while on my way from Kalyan to Mumbai. They're getting ready to throw it open, no doubt. But when, is the question. Sad that we have to wait for some politician to cut the ribbon.
Old 15th November 2013, 17:10   #903
BHPian

http://www.mid-day.com/news/2013/nov...st-girders.htm

Here's a bit of good news for people waiting for the Chembur-SantaCruz flyover. After all the lethargy, the railways have green signalled the installation of the girders across the railway lines. They're saying the flyover will be ready by March 2014. Lets wait and see. I'm excited as it will cut my commute by 45 minutes atleast. No more going all the way to Sion to reach Bandra !!!
Old 15th November 2013, 20:31   #904
BHPian

this will be expedited (meaning it should hopefully be done by March 2014) because of the upcoming Kherwadi flyover, which will cause a huge traffic snarl.
Old 16th November 2013, 12:18   #905
Senior - BHPian

Most of our infrastructure projects will be opened between Jan to March 2014. Monorail, metro, Chembur-Santacruz link and many others. Reason? They will time these just before elections are announced so the memory of the 'gifts' given by the ruling party to us Mumbai citizens is fresh in our mind's when we go to the polling booth!
Old 16th November 2013, 16:11   #906
BHPian

Politicians have their way with everything ! The World Bank representative in India was quoted in yesterday's newspaper saying that the Santacruz-Chembur Flyover project was the world's most delayed infrastructure project , delayed by over 10 years !!! Shameful, to say the least.
Hopefully the area when the flyover lands in Vakola will be near a link to BKC. As you rightly pointed out, WEH is getting ready for worse snarls in the coming year.
Old 16th November 2013, 16:16   #907
BHPian

Quote:
The Majiwade flyover at Thane - There are till now no signs/boards to indicate the same.
Saw the first signboards installed ( No Overtaking ! ) on the exit point from Golden Dyes (Majiwada) Flyover. And workers cleaning and cleaning the area ! God knows what it is that they are trying to clean so desperately for last two days.
andy69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 11:06   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy69 View Post
Saw the first signboards installed ( No Overtaking ! ) on the exit point from Golden Dyes (Majiwada) Flyover. And workers cleaning and cleaning the area ! God knows what it is that they are trying to clean so desperately for last two days.
There's so much money that must have changed hands and forced the politicians, contractors to wash themselves clean. Hence the need for such washing. I hope they throw open to the public the stretch without waiting for dignitaries to inagurate. The exit from the flyover for Kapurbavdi, Balkum is yet to be completed.
Old 17th November 2013, 11:41   #909
BHPian

I was driving on the eastern freeway this morning and I noticed that the work on building the various promised exits and entry points on the route has completely stopped. Any idea why?
Old 18th November 2013, 12:40   #910
BHPian

Quote:
There's so much money that must have changed hands and forced the politicians, contractors to wash themselves clean. Hence the need for such washing. I hope they throw open to the public the stretch without waiting for dignitaries to inagurate. The exit from the flyover for Kapurbavdi, Balkum is yet to be completed.
I saw lots of pots placed at the start of the flyover. This should be an indication that the inauguration is coming up soon, unless the authorities want to torture those potted plants with hot Sun and exhaust.

On Sunday early, morning I saw street lights on over the section that is supposed to the open soon.
Old 19th November 2013, 08:04   #911
BHPian

Newspaper says that the CM inaugurated the flyover on Monday morning (18th). However, on Monday night, the entrance to this section was closed and a few policemen were sitting on their bikes!

Mumbai Traffic-image3390238456.jpg
Old 19th November 2013, 08:38   #912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Newspaper says that the CM inaugurated the flyover on Monday morning (18th). However, on Monday night, the entrance to this section was closed and a few policemen were sitting on their bikes!

Attachment 1168361

The flyover is operational today!
Old 19th November 2013, 08:38   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The flyover is open for sure. I did see a couple of vehicles on the flyover today morning on the way to office. Even the street lights were on.

I did see a few political banners y'day evening, there was an ad about the inaguration in DNA newspaper.
Old 19th November 2013, 20:10   #914
Senior - BHPian

Update:
Used the recently inaugurated Majiwade flyover which starts at the Nashik Flyover and ends at the Cinewonder mall. There are still some road blocks at the start of the flyover which is connected to the Nashik Flyover. Barring one sign at the start of the Nashik flyover, there are no other signs which tell about the new flyover. The flyover was relatively empty as vehicles were still using the old route to cross Majiwade ( Guess many didnt know about the opening as yet). The tarmac is smooth being new and the flyover has some twists bringing a smile when driving.
Old 26th November 2013, 13:24   #915
BHPian

Last night a 3 car pile up on WEH towards Borivali around 09:00 PM. A maroon scorpio with T-BHP stickers (MH - 15 registered) was also involved. I hope no one was seriously injured.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks