Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2014, 22:15   #991
BHPian

I just took the new airport road, as I was headed to itc for dinner. Wow. It's incredible. And after the stop and go traffic on the WEH, it was a breeze to reach itc in 5mins.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 17:20   #992

Re: Mumbai Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRT View Post
Traffic situation has not really improved. Last night it took less than 30 min to reach Dahisar from south for more than 30kms. But Check naka onwards the traffic was crawling bumper to bumper all the way beyond Ghodbunder intersection. This is because one lane on the Bhayander bridge north bound is still completely shut down for repairs leaving a single lane for Vasai/Virar vehicles. I do not see any alternatives until the repairs are over.
Hi- Has there been any improvement on this stretch for private cars. I plan to drive there next Wednesday at about 6 pm- need to drive all the way to Baroda and reach by midnight. I will drive from Andheri, so do you reckon the Thane -Anjur phata option would be better than the Bhayander bridge?
Old 19th February 2014, 20:07   #993
Senior - BHPian

Have been observing lately two places the traffic cops are stationed on the Saki Vihar Road (JVLR road) one immediately after the Hiranandani Garden signal and one after IIT main gate signal. The job of these cops is to stop heavy vehicles for checks. But they dont realize that by stopping these vehicles they are creating mini traffic jams at both the spots and that too after the signal when every vehicle presses the throttle. Have written to the traffic e-mail contact and reported to the control room helpline numbers but its been a week and the situation is same which means that my e-mail has gone to the Delete folder.
Old 2nd March 2014, 19:28   #994

I drove through the heart of Bombay the other day.

I found traffic at Kala Nagar, Bandra again. Also, do look out for Peddar Rd. It's in roadworks. You may want to go via Tardeo/ Tulsi Pipe Rd if you're looking to go to South Bombay.

Regards,
G P.
Old 26th March 2014, 00:17   #995
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone driven on Mumbai's Marine Drive lately? This scenic stretch of the Queen's Necklace is probably in the worst condition than ever before (especially from Taraporewalla Aquarium till Bachelor's). This is my daily route and the quality of the road has deteriorated to such an extent that automobile companies can actually use it as an endurance test for newer cars. My Ritz begins to rattle each time I drive through this section which gives me a sound similar to the local train running parallely.

Wonder what supercar owners must be going through every time they take their prized possessions on this stretch.

Last edited by S2!!! : 26th March 2014 at 00:19.
Old 26th March 2014, 10:29   #996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I just took the new airport road, as I was headed to itc for dinner. Wow. It's incredible. And after the stop and go traffic on the WEH, it was a breeze to reach itc in 5mins.
How would you reach the ITC below if you take the airport road? Would you have to go to the airport and then take the exit to Leela? Or is there an exit before the airport?
Old 26th March 2014, 12:01   #997
BHPian

Any update on the NH8 bridge repairing work near Hotel Fountain? Is it still an issue?
Old 26th March 2014, 12:20   #998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Any update on the NH8 bridge repairing work near Hotel Fountain? Is it still an issue?
Yup,same ol story.Was returning from Daman last week.I could see vehicles packed right from Bhayander flyover till Fountain hotel.
Old 31st March 2014, 17:02   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
How would you reach the ITC below if you take the airport road? Would you have to go to the airport and then take the exit to Leela? Or is there an exit before the airport?
Go to the departure area of the airport and keep to extreme right lane to beat the traffic. Then turn towards Leela...
sschivate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 00:16   #1000
BHPian

Santacruz-Chembur Link Road (SCLR) to be opened to public in 2nd or 3rd week of April

The much awaited and also the world's most delayed road project as per World Bank is 100% complete. However, as per news report, the state government will open the road to public a few days before the polling in Maharashtra to project the kind of development (?) work the ruling parties have done. More details in the link below.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/r...url=1396463737
Old 3rd April 2014, 09:15   #1001
BHPian

Traffic Updates ::

Tanker stalled just below the SEEPZ flyover towards Powai on JVLR. Traffic might accumulate here. Plan acordingly

Regards
Diseltuned
Old 3rd April 2014, 10:25   #1002
BHPian

I just read and heard that the SCLR is finally complete but will only be opened to the public near the Polls dates in Maharashtra!

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/rs-4...ening/15199087

This is infuriating, to say the least!!

The Eastern Freeway was such a welcome relief and can't wait for the SCLR.
Old 3rd April 2014, 10:33   #1003
Senior - BHPian

Seeing the BEST buses back on the Mumbai roads and back to their usual antics of driving carelessly means that the stike has been called off with the "Rao"giri again holding the Mumbai people to ransom and getting their pie.

How long are the peopl of Mumbai going to bow down to these presure tactics. One twist of arm and the state govt goes to any lenghts of appeasing these so called "power"people.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/33109510.cms
Old 3rd April 2014, 15:12   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Update on Aarey-

After monsoons i dared to take the Aarey Road a couple of weeks back and it was the same as it was. No work has been done. So please continue to avoid the same if you love your spine and your cars suspension.
Old 3rd April 2014, 15:27   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Yup,same ol story.Was returning from Daman last week.I could see vehicles packed right from Bhayander flyover till Fountain hotel.

Still the very same! Long queues of vehicles both on forward and return journey last weekend. Frustrating! It will be soon over four months since it started. From what I am hearing the repair may see its anniversary before it is completed.

Slightly off the topic! Does anyone know why almost entire Mumbai's roads are dug up on either sides further narrowing the already slim streets? Some places they have proper signs saying HT cable works. Is it the same all over? Frustrating!

TMRT

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks