Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2014, 17:47   #1111
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
It took me 90 minutes from Malad West till Goregaon West yesterday evening. Distance travelled is 6 odd kms.
There was a Sale at both the malls. There was a huge jam from JVLR flyover to Goregaon east-west flyover towards Inorbit on Saturday. I spent 30mins in que to get into Inorbit but Parking got full around 3pm , so i went home! There were barricades everywhere.
Old 16th July 2014, 10:10   #1112
BHPian

Theres a big jam on eastern freeway going towards South near Wadala area at least. Pic below.

Also, there road has been closed for traffic moving in to Elphinstone flyover (over the station) for movement from Sewri/ Dadar.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai Traffic-freeway-jam.jpg  

neelchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 14:44   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Aarey Road Update

If you are thinking that it would be different than my previous Aarey updates then you are wrong. Travelled yesterday night. Potholes have emerged on the road that was relayered about a month back. Wait for a couple of more weeks for craters to emerge.

However i would say that its a boon during heavy rains when JVLR - WEH is packed.
Old 16th July 2014, 15:20   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Aarey Road Update

If you are thinking that it would be different than my previous Aarey updates then you are wrong. Travelled yesterday night. Potholes have emerged on the road that was relayered about a month back. Wait for a couple of more weeks for craters to emerge.

However i would say that its a boon during heavy rains when JVLR - WEH is packed.
Hi, I took the Aarey road yesterday night (around 08:30 - 09:00 PM) and that road was also jam. The main reason was people jumping queues and blocking the oncoming traffic as well. It is a road through the jungle, so most of the drivers doing this road seriously drive as through a jungle. The time taken from Powai to Borivali via Aarey was 01:45 minutes, I don't think going by Aarey saves any time, eventually you end up spending more as the road is longer then JVLR + you pay INR 15 toll to do some serious offroading.

The potholes and the water flowing across the road like a river is enough to send small cars like Wagon R off the road.

Just my views! nothing to offend anybody

Regards
Dieseltuned

Last edited by Dieseltuned : 16th July 2014 at 15:22. Reason: Spell check
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 19:47   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Hi, I took the Aarey road yesterday night (around 08:30 - 09:00 PM) and that road was also jam. The main reason was people jumping queues and blocking the oncoming traffic as well. It is a road through the jungle, so most of the drivers doing this road seriously drive as through a jungle. The time taken from Powai to Borivali via Aarey was 01:45 minutes, I don't think going by Aarey saves any time, eventually you end up spending more as the road is longer then JVLR + you pay INR 15 toll to do some serious offroading.

The potholes and the water flowing across the road like a river is enough to send small cars like Wagon R off the road.

Just my views! nothing to offend anybody

Regards
Dieseltuned
I took it at 11pm after getting traffic on JVLR and at that time it definitely was a time save for me as even till midnight i have experienced traffic on JVLR - WEH.
Old 16th July 2014, 23:15   #1116
BHPian

I have been reading the forums on this website regularly. I always felt that Mumbai motorists are disciplined lot. I am ashamed to say that they are no better than the rest of the country. During the evening hours more specially, every motorist drives thinking that he / she alone has the right of way and ill want to cut lanes, break signals and also drive the wrong way and often in the way of oncoming traffic. If only they would observe the traffic rules religiously, they would reach their destinations faster and early. Traffic police could then be deployed to do more productive work than direct and monitor motorists to compel them obey the traffic rules.
Old 17th July 2014, 08:18   #1117
Senior - BHPian

If anyone travelling on Ghodbunder Road Thane yesterday in the evening towards Borivali would have noticed barricades immediately after the Patlipada flyover. Two sets of barricades installed criss cross on the road which converts from 3 lane to two lanes. By default there was a huge traffic jam extending upto to the flyover. A couple of cops (not traffic) were posted on the spot and did absolutely nothing to clear the jam (when they were responsible for creating one). As usual it was a race to get past the barricades with lots of honking and swearing in the air but the cops were obliviois of this.

Unfortunately I got stuck in the extreme left traffic and fortunatley could have a word with the cop. Upon asking for the reason for barricade I was told this was a safety measure to prevent chain snatching incidents. I was like. Tried to enquire the relation between the traffic jam created to reduce the crime, I was shooed away. A couple of pics attached of the traffic chaos.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai Traffic-20140716_175330.jpg  

Mumbai Traffic-20140716_175342.jpg  

ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 09:35   #1118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelchak View Post
Theres a big jam on eastern freeway going towards South near Wadala area at least. Pic below.

Also, there road has been closed for traffic moving in to Elphinstone flyover (over the station) for movement from Sewri/ Dadar.
And people still drive the wrong way ? Weren't all exits at Wadala completed so that this could be prevented ?
Old 17th July 2014, 09:39   #1119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Who in the world and such a stupid frame of mind gave the authorisation to have the Infinity 2 Mall Entrance on the link road. Why cant they have it on the side road which also is big enough and has 2 gates. This is our Moron Management.

The entire western suburbs descends on the Link Road over the weekends to HyperCity, Inorbit and Infinity 2. The worst hit is Infinity 2 with cars breaking signals / lanes just to get into the mall. Crazy it is. Due to all this, there is such a huge traffic jam. It took me 90 minutes from Malad West till Goregaon West yesterday evening. Distance travelled is 6 odd kms.

Thats why i prefer taking an Auto / cab within the city. Its a pain to drive.
Better to walk than burn up your money sitting in a cab / auto.
Old 17th July 2014, 10:30   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
And people still drive the wrong way ? Weren't all exits at Wadala completed so that this could be prevented ?
Two things, first is that from my last statement, I meant the turn into elphinstone road road from eastern expressway and not the freeway. I think a typo made it sound like I was still talking about freeway.

Secondly, yes you are right, although exits and entries to/from Wadala are operational but there is still flagrant breaking of rules near Wadala on the freeway. The exit and entry ramps/ roads are used by motorists in the wrong direction blatantly. And for some reason, nowadays there are cops posted there everyday who simply urge the motorists to turn their vehicles and go in back in the right direction. I dont understand why are they not levying fines. This action of cops is simply not dissuading the illegal traffic movement, in fact it completely encourages the above mentioned behavior as the offenders know that the worst that would happen is a cop graciously guiding them back on their way. There are clear traffic signs everywhere about No entry/ one way etc.
Old 17th July 2014, 11:29   #1121

On the Andheri-Kurla road just near the intersection towards the Western Express highway metro station has developed huge pot holes the size of craters. Because of this there is a huge traffic snarl during peak hours.
Old 17th July 2014, 11:42   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Upon asking for the reason for barricade I was told this was a safety measure to prevent chain snatching incidents. I was like. Tried to enquire the relation between the traffic jam created to reduce the crime, I was shooed away. A couple of pics attached of the traffic chaos.
Sir, one can just not get into a logical and reasonable argument with these guys!

Even I've seen so many unmanned barricades blocking major roads. They set up nakabandi and after their job is done they leave without removing the barricades.

And also the most irritating nakabandis are that done during peak hours. There is atleast half a kilometre jam before the nakabandi and you must see their faces. They have no qualms about it and are just not affected, they just don't give a damn.

Quote:
Who in the world and such a stupid frame of mind gave the authorisation to have the Infinity 2 Mall Entrance on the link road. Why cant they have it on the side road which also is big enough and has 2 gates.
+1 to that. Infact, if they wish then even today they can start the entry from the second gate on the backroad. They have two gates there, one for exit from the UG parking and other is lying unused, as you are aware.

And things get worse in that patch cuz of the neighboring D-Mart and the omnipresent rickshaws

-Bhargav
Old 17th July 2014, 16:33   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Sir, one can just not get into a logical and reasonable argument with these guys!

Even I've seen so many unmanned barricades blocking major roads. They set up nakabandi and after their job is done they leave without removing the barricades.

And also the most irritating nakabandis are that done during peak hours. There is atleast half a kilometre jam before the nakabandi and you must see their faces. They have no qualms about it and are just not affected, they just don't give a damn.

+1 to that. Infact, if they wish then even today they can start the entry from the second gate on the backroad. They have two gates there, one for exit from the UG parking and other is lying unused, as you are aware.

And things get worse in that patch cuz of the neighboring D-Mart and the omnipresent rickshaws

-Bhargav
Yes, the Dmart people double park on the Link Road. There is a Police Vehicle and i can see lot of cops there but no one to tow away these double parked vehicles. I have seen the cops actually requesting the owners to park properly however the vehicle owners tend to argue with the cops. The end result is chaos.

I dont know why someone at a higher level at the RTO cannot mandate these things to the Mall Authorities / Dmart Authorities.
Old 17th July 2014, 22:04   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont know why someone at a higher level at the RTO cannot mandate these things to the Mall Authorities / Dmart Authorities.
Hello,

Infact someone at Higher level at RTO / BMC should clearly command all the three huge malls / Supermarkets (Infinity, Hypercity and DMart) on Malad - Goregoan Link to shift their enterance to interior roads.

For Hypercity and DMart it is little difficult, but for Infinity there is wide road available on interior road. Infact Infinity already has a enterance gate on this side road.

Thanks,
Old 17th July 2014, 23:50   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,

Infact someone at Higher level at RTO / BMC should clearly command all the three huge malls / Supermarkets (Infinity, Hypercity and DMart) on Malad - Goregoan Link to shift their enterance to interior roads.
Quote:
Yes, the Dmart people double park on the Link Road. There is a Police Vehicle and i can see lot of cops there but no one to tow away these double parked vehicles.
We forgot the perfect example of Inorbit

Even though one of the entrances is on Link Rd., thanks to the automatic parking ticket generator and it only handling half of the traffic (since other half is handled on the other side, the back road entrance) makes it butter smooth.

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks