Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2014, 12:57   #1201
Lij
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
One way toll rates will be increased to Rs 35 from the current Rs 30.
I think this applies to all the tolls providing exit out of mumbai. i.e Dahisar, Mulund, Vashi, Airoli.
Is there any rebate to citizens staying with certain distance of the tolls?

In Kerala the toll booth gives rebate to citizens staying in 3km (or is it 5?) radius. They provide a smart card which needs to be renewed every month.

Is there such a facility available in here in Maharashtra?
Old 16th September 2014, 13:42   #1202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Is there any rebate to citizens staying with certain distance of the tolls?Is there such a facility available in here in Maharashtra?
Very skewed information is available on this. The newly commenced toll at Nerul has been made toll free for the residents of Panvel, Pen and Kharghar. The tolls on NH3 (some of them esp the Padgha, Ghoti) do have this feature enabled IMO.

There was a huge agitation made for the Thane toll on the Eastern express highway when the residents of Mumbai had staked their claim for toll waiver but no progress on that front as of now.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 15:12   #1203
BHPian

There is no rebate for citizens staying in Vashi/Airoli at the toll plazas although there were talks going on and it was there in TOI, but no news since then. Even the New Delhi - Gurgaon - New Delhi toll on NH8 offered rebate to the commuters living in nearby villages & areas, although the toll is completely scrapped now, I really do not know till then these tolls will be connected at Mumbai entry points.

When the government can make such good roads like the Eastern Freeway & SCLR and keep it TOLL FREE for the users, why cant something be done to the EEW & SP Highway.

I never liked driving to Town via SP, but Freeway has made life real easy. it amazing, but the big concern on freeway are the stunt-men on bikes in the night, they really drive very fast and perform dangerous stunts, even some cars do the same, The Freeway is not meant for bikes and this still happens... wonder what the police is doing!
Old 23rd September 2014, 19:47   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishmathur14 View Post
There is no rebate for citizens staying in Vashi/Airoli at the toll plazas although there were talks going on and it was there in TOI, but no news since then.
Now, this is crazy stuff from the road planners ... People between Nerul to Airoli are kind of stuck between two toll roads. If they have to go towards Pune, they have to pay toll. If they have to go towards Mumbai or Thane, they have to pay toll. They have literally made Navi Mumbai an "island city" in terms of driving. People here are locked in between two places and that seems cruel.

Why don't they collect toll only for incoming vehicles?? Or they should waive off toll for all vehicles registered within Navi Mumbai.
Old 24th September 2014, 08:26   #1205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
If they have to go towards Pune, they have to pay toll. Why don't they collect toll only for incoming vehicles?? Or they should waive off toll for all vehicles registered within Navi Mumbai.
The Kamothe toll isnt still operational I guess. There was a report in TOI that the Sion Panvel road is being attended for the pothole repairs and post the repairs a decision would be taken if the toll should be collected ot not.

Waiving off toll for MH43 vehicles means half of Mumbai's vehicles will be free to pass by the tolls since a sizeable no of cars were being registered earlier due to lower cess applied of Navi Mumbai cars. Now with the LBT, the car registrations have dropped. Even Sachin's car IIRC was a Navi Mumbai registered.
Old 24th September 2014, 12:49   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Waiving off toll for MH43 vehicles means half of Mumbai's vehicles will be free to pass by the tolls since a sizeable no of cars were being registered earlier due to lower cess applied of Navi Mumbai cars. Now with the LBT, the car registrations have dropped. Even Sachin's car IIRC was a Navi Mumbai registered.
So, that much of road tax must have been collected from these registrations. Right?? What happened to all that money? Also, with LBT in place, fuel costs more in Navi Mumbai area and road tax is a big component of the fuel bill, isn't it?? What happens to all that money? That is supposed to be used for building these highways and roads. I believe, these tolls in Maharashtra is another big scam.

Last edited by sukhoi30 : 24th September 2014 at 12:50. Reason: typo
Old 24th September 2014, 15:02   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
So, that much of road tax must have been collected from these registrations. Right?? What happened to all that money? Also, with LBT in place, fuel costs more in Navi Mumbai area and road tax is a big component of the fuel bill, isn't it?? What happens to all that money? That is supposed to be used for building these highways and roads. I believe, these tolls in Maharashtra is another big scam.
Don't even go there. The pwd minister in a report
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/c...w/30934001.cms

said the government has no money. It's all a scam. The things I've heard.....
Old 25th September 2014, 18:13   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Don't even go there. The pwd minister in a report
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/c...w/30934001.cms

said the government has no money. It's all a scam. The things I've heard.....

Yes this is crazy stuff and a big problem for all residents of Navi Mumbai.

With another one coming up at Kamothe, it will be worse.

People from Navi Mumbai are forced to cross over to mumbai for nearly everything, Almost everyone goes down to mumbai for work, to take Trains/Flights people from Navi Mumbai have to cross toll plazas. Even the Taxi/Cabs charge for toll even if they have the pass done.

Nevertheless, The idea of revoking toll for MH43 was considered by govt or was proposed by some people as i read it in MM but was not taken up seriously.

Now from October 1, 2014, Toll charges are supposed to rise by 5 Rs.
The toll roads are widely used by everyone but the biggest toll is on residents of Navi Mumbai who have to pay it on either side to enter the city.

The scam is definitely big, The dug up roads and the pot holed newly constructed road on SP Highway is a clear sign.
Old 26th September 2014, 09:45   #1209
BHPian

While coming to office today morning, saw 2 big naakabandi's set up on the Sion-Panvel Road, going towards the city. One was immediately after the Vashi bridge and another after the BARC flyover. Both had a lot of police deployment as well and they had stopped several cars.

I too was flagged down for god knows what reason. The constable asked for my license and took one look at it, asked if it was real or fake and then let me go.

I had left rather early, but I wonder what will be happening now once he real office traffic starts to flow.
Old 29th September 2014, 18:52   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
While coming to office today morning, saw 2 big naakabandi's set up on the Sion-Panvel Road, going towards the city. One was immediately after the Vashi bridge and another after the BARC flyover. Both had a lot of police deployment as well and they had stopped several cars.
There was a similar nakabandi just after the signal at Suman Nager circle (towards Mumbai) on Saturday afternoon last week. This nakabandi created at least a km long queue of vehicles moving at snail's pace. What's worse is that they blocked almost one and half a lane with police constables standing around the barricades and chatting with each other. It took me half an hour to cross that one km under the scorching temperature of 37 deg. God knows what was that nakabndi for.
Old 5th October 2014, 13:24   #1211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post

I too was flagged down for god knows what reason. The constable asked for my license and took one look at it, asked if it was real or fake and then let me go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
There was a similar nakabandi just after the signal at Suman Nager circle (towards Mumbai) on Saturday afternoon last week. This nakabandi created at least a km long queue of vehicles moving at snail's pace. God knows what was that nakabndi for.
These nakabandi's will continue till the elections on October 15. They are supposedly checking for large amounts of cash & maybe weapons that could be used during elections.
Old 5th November 2014, 11:38   #1212
BHPian

Woohoo, it seems we're going the Delhi way. Just saw this in the paper. This is pretty crazy!

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/c...w/45039967.cms
Old 5th November 2014, 11:54   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Woohoo, it seems we're going the Delhi way. Just saw this in the paper. This is pretty crazy!

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/c...w/45039967.cms
It's a coincidence that Ravi beat Ravi.
Old 5th November 2014, 12:01   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Reminds me of today morning's incident when I was to cross the Hiranandani Signal at Powai to access the service lane going towards the Hiranandani Business Park (behind the Panchkutir temple). There was a red beaconed Ambassador with a constable sitting at the wheel and the car had blocked the lane by stretching to more than half of the lane. When I asked him to move, the constable gave a stern look and dismissed my questioning with a sharp laugh. I had to make way to move ahead. Had I got down to question, even I would have had a gun at my head for questioning the stand.
Old 7th November 2014, 15:31   #1215
BHPian

Finally some good news for the ones commuting on the Borivali to Andheri link road on a daily basis! 5 new flyovers planned and approved!!
1. Don Bosco Signal (Borivali)
2. MG Road Signal (Kandivali)
3. Mith Chowkie Signal (Malad)
4. Chincholi Bunder Signal (Malad)
5. Bangur Nagar (Goregaon)

It seems work at the Mith Chowkie signal has already begun! Once completed these will ease traffic at Link Road a lot!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks