Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2014, 14:33   #1186
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Page 31 of the PDF states the following rule. Confusing indeed!
Obviously not a lot of thought has gone into framing the rule for use of mobile phones. Someone needs to sue these morons and only then they will get their act together.
Old 4th September 2014, 17:54   #1187
BHPian

I got this when I searched for the mobile usage rules in UK ...

https://www.gov.uk/using-mobile-phon...riving-the-law

You can see how precisely and well framed is the law. Unlike the MV Act where the laws are so ambiguous. And the fine is really laughable ... its Rs. 100 in India and 100 Pounds in UK.

The MV Act was framed in 1988 ( I was not even eligible to drive a cycle then ). Its high time govt remove these archaic laws and frame new ones. Abolishing RTO is really a step in the right direction.
Old 9th September 2014, 18:22   #1188
BHPian

Hello everyone!
I'm planning to drive down to Lavasa this Saturday. Will be leaving around 12.30 from Mindspace - Malad West. What would be the best route to take?
1. Malad - WEH - JVLR - Powai - Thane-Belapur Road - Mum-Pune Exp
2. Malad - WEH - SCLR - Mankhurd - Vashi - Mum-Pune Exp
3. Malad - WEH - Thane - Powai - Thane-Belapur Road - Mum-Pune Exp

I've never travelled on these routes at this time (12.30 afternoon) so am clueless about the traffic scenario. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 9th September 2014, 23:46   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Hello everyone!
I'm planning to drive down to Lavasa this Saturday. Will be leaving around 12.30 from Mindspace - Malad West. What would be the best route to take?
1. Malad - WEH - JVLR - Powai - Thane-Belapur Road - Mum-Pune Exp
2. Malad - WEH - SCLR - Mankhurd - Vashi - Mum-Pune Exp
3. Malad - WEH - Thane - Powai - Thane-Belapur Road - Mum-Pune Exp

I've never travelled on these routes at this time (12.30 afternoon) so am clueless about the traffic scenario. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Nishant, please use the following route. Traffic should not be there on any of the routes, this one would be best though.

Malad - WEH - Aarey/JVLR - Powai - EEH - Ghatkopar - Mankurd - Vashi - Palm Beach Road - Belapur - Expressway.
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 06:01   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Nishant, please use the following route. Traffic should not be there on any of the routes, this one would be best though.

Malad - WEH - Aarey/JVLR - Powai - EEH - Ghatkopar - Mankurd - Vashi - Palm Beach Road - Belapur - Expressway.
Thanks for the suggestion!
How about SCLR? Google suggests me that route as the shortest one. Also, just wanted to understand the benefit of taking Palm Beach Road vs the normal route as I had driven to lonavala last Sunday and the Thane Belapur Road is quite good!!
Old 10th September 2014, 09:52   #1191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How about SCLR? Google suggests me that route as the shortest one. Also, just wanted to understand the benefit of taking Palm Beach Road vs the normal route as I had driven to lonavala last Sunday and the Thane Belapur Road is quite good!!
The normal Sion Panvel Expressway is a better option than Palm Beach now and is much quicker, with most of work being done.

I would suggest JVLR - Airoli - Sion Panvel Expressway - Mumbai Pune Expressway.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 11:05   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The normal Sion Panvel Expressway is a better option than Palm Beach now and is much quicker, with most of work being done.

I would suggest JVLR - Airoli - Sion Panvel Expressway - Mumbai Pune Expressway.
True. But the addition of the toll booths may be an issue in the long run.
Old 10th September 2014, 13:21   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
My Bad, SCLR will be a good/ better option to reach Mankurd. I prefer Palm Beach for the drive and seeing that Gigantic Flag of India near Seawoods.
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 16:47   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
My Bad, SCLR will be a good/ better option to reach Mankurd. I prefer Palm Beach for the drive and seeing that Gigantic Flag of India near Seawoods.
Decision made!
Mindspace -- WEH -- SCLR -- Vashi -- Panvel (via Thane-Belapur Rd) -- Mum-Pune Exp

Thanks for all the suggestions!!
Old 12th September 2014, 08:30   #1195
Senior - BHPian

Happened to renew the monthly pass yesterday in the middle of the month at Mulund Toll and was informed (or rather warned) by the attendant of a price hike in the monthly pass with effect from Oct 2014. The std Rs 1000 monthly pass toll will be hiked to Rs 1165/- whereas the Rs 1200/- applicable for all MEPL tolls will be hiked by almost 250 rupees.

I asked the attendant to provide me with the complaint book, but was told the book got drenched in the recent rains and hence unavailable. New book is yet to arrive.
Old 12th September 2014, 08:52   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Happened to renew the monthly pass yesterday in the middle of the month at Mulund Toll and was informed (or rather warned) by the attendant of a price hike in the monthly pass with effect from Oct 2014. The std Rs 1000 monthly pass toll will be hiked to Rs 1165/- whereas the Rs 1200/- applicable for all MEPL tolls will be hiked by almost 250 rupees.

I asked the attendant to provide me with the complaint book, but was told the book got drenched in the recent rains and hence unavailable. New book is yet to arrive.
One way toll rates will be increased to Rs 35 from the current Rs 30.
I think this applies to all the tolls providing exit out of mumbai. i.e Dahisar, Mulund, Vashi, Airoli.

There is a board when you enter the toll naka, specifying the toll rates for the next coming years.
It does mention about the toll rate hike from 1st Oct 2014.
Will try to source a snap of it if possible.
Old 12th September 2014, 09:11   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
I think this applies to all the tolls providing exit out of mumbai. i.e Dahisar, Mulund, Vashi, Airoli.

There is a board when you enter the toll naka, specifying the toll rates for the next coming years.
The price hike isnt coming at the right time I guess when the state elections are just round the corner. This I assume will be the most debated issue.

The price hike hasnt been advertised well, it will come up a surprise to the motorists on the 1st October.
Old 14th September 2014, 11:04   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post

Great! More Toll Rate hikes, just what we need!

The only Toll I feel worth paying for is the Expressway. All others are just for looting the common man. When the Sion Panvel Expressway Toll booth goes live, my weekend trips home will just get costlier.
Old 16th September 2014, 12:19   #1199
BHPian

Did all the 3 new roads - SCLR, the beautiful sea link and eastern freeway in 1 day. I started from Mulund, had meetings in BKC, Fort and reach Pune. Amazing connectivity.
Never thought I could reach Mankhurd from CST in 20 mins flat. Thanks to the eastern freeway.
The last time I took my vehicle to CST was almost 4 years ago. It took me 2.5 hrs to reach Mulund from CST then. This is heaven compared to that.
Old 16th September 2014, 12:29   #1200
Team-BHP Support

Guys watch out, they have added speedbreakers to the freeway. There are speedbreakers when you are going towards chembur, and about half a km after you start just before the on ramp from the BPT road joins the freeway. That wasn't really an accident spot, so god knows why they have put speed breakers there. But I saw the next day some major accident had taken place right in front of the speedbreakers, about 30 feet of divider was missing with glass lying on the road. No doubt this accident was caused due to someone not knowing about the speedbreakers, and then losing control.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks