Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2018, 11:36   #2596
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
I took a drop from my driver on 5th morning and could easily see the fastag lane for the onward journey to the airport.
Traffic was really less on Saturday evening due to polling day with hardly 2 cars per lane and even then I or my co-passenger couldn't spot the Fastag lane for onward. Certainly not the case of inattentiveness because this is something very usual for me to slow down gradually and look out for the Fastag lane!

Forget that, when the booth attendant told me that its lane no 19 for FT, I said there is no sign that I could notice, he didn't argue (which they always will if they were right) and simply made an entry in the system and the barricade opened!

This also confirms that KIAL tolls have hybrid lanes.

Quote:
Called up my driver after reaching airport and checked if had issue on the return journey. He said it worked without any issue.
I have raised a ticket yesterday. Waiting for an update on how they sort this.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-kial_ft.jpg

I have another trip to KIAL this evening as well and will see how it works on return. In fact, last Saturday was my first trip ever since toll collection started for onward trips and hence my first experience. Before this, I have had many free runs like most of them here or my drives were to Hyderabad and back and not Airport drops .

Last edited by paragsachania : 14th May 2018 at 11:38.
Old 14th May 2018, 11:39   #2597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Just returned back from Airport after dropping someone. So there was no mention of Fastag lane during onward, and I entered randomly and the booth attendant said it's 'Lane No 18'.

Since there was no sign anywhere, I insisted to pass through Fastag option (knowing most lanes here are Hybrid) and he entered on his PC and then let me go. I receive SMS after 20 Mins that 85 was decucted.

Return I took the barricaded Fastag lane, after another 20 mins I receive a message and surprisingly it deducts 85 again .

So much inconsistency for a booth like KIAL where the implementation is this pathetic and daily users are quite regular who use return journey option.
Yes. This is poorly thought of by NHAI. I think they have not yet configured their system to deduct only 45 on the return journey from KIAL within 24 hours.
I faced the same thing. Rs.85 deducted both ways within 30 minutes. I raised a ticket to Axis bank's fastag support. I got a reply that they take 10 days to get the credit from the toll operator and will refund within that time.

I checked on Friday and it looks like they have refunded one way amount of Rs.85.
The fastag lane was difficult to detect the first time on my onward to the airport. I hovered around near the lanes and was able to spot the fastag lane.

Last edited by hrman : 14th May 2018 at 11:40.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 11:47   #2598
BHPian

Quote:
In fact, last Saturday was my first trip ever since toll collection started for onward trips and hence my first experience
Just checked my paytm passbook and it showed lane no 33. Not sure whether the info is correct.

However, since you are going there again this evening and may be useful to others, visually I can tell you that its the 3rd or 4th lane from the left most corner. This is with respect to your car facing in the direction of Hyd.

The orange color of Fastag is clearly visibly from a distance.

Cheers
pareshraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 11:57   #2599
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
visually I can tell you that its the 3rd or 4th lane from the left most corner.
Thanks Paresh. I think this should be correct since the attendant clearly mentioned FASTag lane is No 18 and by the fact that I took Lane 11 for onward and Lane 2 for return and based on the numbering with Lane 1 being the leftmost lane towards Bangalore side, your description that its the 4-5th lane from left towards Hyderabad makes complete sense.

Quoting what I mentioned on yesterday:
Quote:
Just returned back from Airport after dropping someone. So there was no mention of Fastag lane during onward, and I entered randomly and the booth attendant said it's 'Lane No 18'.
Quote:
This is with respect to your car facing in the direction of Hyd.
Quote:
The orange color of Fastag is clearly visibly from a distance.
Cheers
I think I can even check the Dashcam footage to verify if I misjudged the lane during onward but for that I need to walk to the basement and copy the clip since it will still be there.

Will share more details this evening, thanks again!

Last edited by paragsachania : 14th May 2018 at 11:58.
Old 14th May 2018, 17:41   #2600
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Paresh. I think this should be correct since the attendant clearly mentioned FASTag lane is No 18 and by the fact that I took Lane 11 for onward and Lane 2 for return and based on the numbering with Lane 1 being the leftmost lane towards Bangalore side, your description that its the 4-5th lane from left towards Hyderabad makes complete sense.
Isn't this toll gate all lane FASTag enabled ? I have entered in Non-FASTag labeled lane and was not asked a word or two about anything. The system detected and let me through.

But when I used the FASTag lane from (Hyderabad highway end) last time, one freeloader tailgated me.

Last edited by prithm : 14th May 2018 at 17:41. Reason: spelling
Old 15th May 2018, 08:41   #2601
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Isn't this toll gate all lane FASTag enabled ? I have entered in Non-FASTag labeled lane and was not asked a word or two about anything. The system detected and let me through.
Absolutely! The bold part is where I have mentioned that too:
Quote:
Since there was no sign anywhere, I insisted to pass through Fastag option (knowing most lanes here are Hybrid) and he entered on his PC and then let me go. I receive SMS after 20 Mins that 85 was deducted.
But the only difference between our experiences is that upon entering this lane, the attendant tells me 'Sir FASTag lane number 18' and when I insisted him to show me a sign, he entered details on his PC and the barricade opened and I received SMS after 20 minutes about the deduction.

So this was the story on yesterday :

Dedicated FASTag lane when traveling towards Airport from Bangalore

There is a dedicated FASTag lane for onward (towards Airport from Bangalore) and here is how you indentify that :

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20180515072714.png

I checked the footage from the dashcam from my drive yesterday and you can clearly notice how due to the placement of the FASTag sign at such a low height, one really cannot get into the dedicated lane unless there are lesser vehicles or till you are very closer to the booth!

And this is the case during return - Clearly marked and identifiable and above all, placed at a height so one can notice this from a distance rather than run amok at the last second:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20180515074316.png

Regarding the wrong deduction of amount for return journey:

It worked perfectly fine on yesterday and the return fare was correctly deducted. Is that because I took the dedicated FASTag lane during onward this time unlike Saturday when I took a random lane?

See the screenshot of the statement below

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-kial_ft_01.png
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 10:00   #2602
BHPian

Quote:
See the screenshot of the statement below
Attachment 1760968
This is how my statement looks. Though I did not visit KIAL, but rather Hyd highway.

Did they charge me correct or was I fleeced ?

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-bangalorefastag.jpg

Last edited by prithm : 15th May 2018 at 10:03.
Old 15th May 2018, 10:21   #2603
BHPian

Can I get a Fastag at any of the toll booths ? I can carry all the required documents with me. I am doing a Nagpur-Bangalore-Chikmaglur trip. Have tried procuring from paytm,but my order got cancelled inspite of uploading all the documents.
Old 15th May 2018, 10:26   #2604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
This is how my statement looks. Though I did not visit KIAL, but rather Hyd highway.

Did they charge me correct or was I fleeced ?
I see 2 different dates in the transactions and that means you were charged correctly.

Would you have returned the same day (under 24 hours), the return fare would be 45 instead of 85.

If you notice my image in the post above, you can see how the first time on 12th I was charged 85+85 (Incorrectly) and 85+45 (correctly) on 14th.

This was the whole point of discussion that the return journey fare was wrongly charged to me (and few others as they pointed). Basically the inconsistency.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 10:33   #2605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the wrong deduction of amount for return journey:

It worked perfectly fine on yesterday and the return fare was correctly deducted. Is that because I took the dedicated FASTag lane during onward this time unlike Saturday when I took a random lane?
Its strange if return charges are considered only when you take the dedicated lane both-ways.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 10:44   #2606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Yes. This is poorly thought of by NHAI. I think they have not yet configured their system to deduct only 45 on the return journey from KIAL within 24 hours.
I faced the same thing. Rs.85 deducted both ways within 30 minutes. I raised a ticket to Axis bank's fastag support. I got a reply that they take 10 days to get the credit from the toll operator and will refund within that time.

I checked on Friday and it looks like they have refunded one way amount of Rs.85.
The fastag lane was difficult to detect the first time on my onward to the airport. I hovered around near the lanes and was able to spot the fastag lane.
In my case, I took the correct Fastag lane from the city to KIAL. I was charged 85.
On my return within 30 minutes, the dedicated Fastag lane would not open, so had to divert to the next lane, where the operator entered something into his PC and it showed TAG valid or some such message and allowed me to pass. I was charged 85 here too.

I think their system needs to recognise the tag and time of last charge and deduct 45 on the return, irrespective of lane as it appears all lanes are hybrid.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 10:51   #2607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Can I get a Fastag at any of the toll booths ? I can carry all the required documents with me. I am doing a Nagpur-Bangalore-Chikmaglur trip. Have tried procuring from paytm,but my order got cancelled inspite of uploading all the documents.
I have faced the same issue twice with Paytm. Call them up and give them a piece of your mind. On both occasions, I placed the repeat order and gave the new order number to the person on the customer care and the tag was dispatched the same day in one case and the 2nd day in one case.

The biggest advantage of Fastag through Paytm is no separate headache of re-charge.

Cheers
Old 15th May 2018, 11:10   #2608
BHPian

But I am starting my trip on saturday,so dont think Paytm fastag will reach by then. Hence Asking the question, can I get it at any of the Tolls by paying cash and providing the documents.
Old 15th May 2018, 11:17   #2609
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But I am starting my trip on saturday,so dont think Paytm fastag will reach by then. Hence Asking the question, can I get it at any of the Tolls by paying cash and providing the documents.
Only very few tolls sell Fastag. So, its better to get before the trip. Check with any ICICIbank branch directly and see if you can get it from them in a day or two.
Old 15th May 2018, 12:16   #2610
BHPian

Quote:
Ask the banks for the Toll Gates which have their FASTag support desk. Carry copies of your Aadhaar, PAN and cash (POS machines don't work in some remote places).

If you have already ordered for one through any vendor, wait for it. Don't take adhoc ones from toll gates. It will add to misery than pleasure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks