Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2014, 14:03   #6496
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
is not a tool to make BTP happy about my case.
Is that your car in the photo? If not, dont put words into other's mouth. As far as I understand the traffic rules are same everywhere and its not written for any particular set of people. The issue I found in the above picture is its a TN regd car and BTP cant ask for the penalty.
Old 30th August 2014, 14:14   #6497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
The problem is the TN number, BTP cant do anything other than forwarding this to RTO and ask for the LTT as a retaliation.
Quote:
The issue I found in the above picture is its a TN regd car and BTP cant ask for the penalty.
That is not true. The BTP folks book fine on all vehicles without discrimination. The fines are entered in the system and can be seen and paid online via the many portals (btis.in/fines is one). Whenever they have a reason to look up a number on their blackberries, they can see the historic fines and force the driver to pay.

(I know because my FIL who drives a TN car had a parking violation ticket on one visit to Bangalore, and had to pay it up on a subsequent visit - several months later).
Old 30th August 2014, 14:16   #6498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
Please upload the picture to this page : http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.go...icEyePost.aspx
I've heard this is a very effective tool given by BTP.
You've got the proper evidence to make sure at least this person regrets their decision to "cut corners"
Thanks. This picture if uploaded gets stored in BTPs database. Next time if this vehicle is stopped for any other reason, the Traffic SI can get the details of this violation in his blackberry device. So I strongly suggest you pass the photograph to BTP. Sooner or later the culprit would jump in front of another Traffic police squad.

NOTE: When it comes to storing vehicle details BTPs database stores all registration numbers. It is not only for Karnataka registered vehicles. Same goes for driving license as well.
Old 30th August 2014, 14:29   #6499
BHPian

Outstation cars details and penalty details can be entered in BTP BBs but can be forced to pay only when the driver is caught again (only at the spot), they cant do anything unless the KA RTO has some hold on tamilnadu RTO, else it can only be in the papers.
Old 30th August 2014, 14:32   #6500
Team-BHP Support

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Is that your car in the photo? If not, dont put words into other's mouth.
Point noted. Thanks for pointing it out politely.

Quote:
As far as I understand the traffic rules are same everywhere and its not written for any particular set of people. The issue I found in the above picture is its a TN regd car and BTP cant ask for the penalty.
Did not think along those lines because this is wrong.

There have been cases pointed out in this forum itself where other state vehicles were fined much later. BTP has all the right to penalise any state vehicle if it breaks the law within their authority limits.

The next time they are caught with BTP- previous charges will also be included. And with the huge drive to catch other state vehicles already in place- it's not going to be too far away either!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th August 2014 at 14:34.
Old 31st August 2014, 15:24   #6501
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Experience from an early morning drive through the heart of Bangalore city..
Could not resist an early morning breakfast meet with friends at Veena stores, Malleswaram

Being a Sunday, traffic was sparse and it was a good drive but with some exceptions (seen often these days in Bangalore). At Chalukya circle it was a Red signal and another 35 seconds to go for the Green light. I stopped, only to see BMTC buses and other cars zoom past me on either side! After a few seconds I had company with 2 cars stopping beside my car on either side so no more signal jumpers.

At Margosa Road-15th Cross junction, the signal was flashing when I got there and after a few minutes, it became operational around 6:45am but no one cared. There were people literally "pulling a fast one" at the 4 road junction. BMTC buses cared a hoot for the light as well as pedestrian crossings with people crossing the street. Loud honking began around the same time. As for 2 wheelers, they were happily riding on the wrong side, breaking 1 ways, it was the norm at the junction.
Suddenly the signal went back to amber flashing mode around 8.30 just when traffic had significantly increased!
On my way back, near the race course road, a car in front of me swerved into my lane suddenly and I had to react with braking and a short honk after which he got back to his lane. When I went past him a minute later he waved his hand out and I could see him say Sorry. This made my day and I still have some hope left that things can change for the better, there are still some good souls around.

Last edited by NPV : 31st August 2014 at 15:28.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2014, 15:34   #6502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Outstation cars details and penalty details can be entered in BTP BBs but can be forced to pay only when the driver is caught again (only at the spot)
It is the same case for non-outstation vehicles in Bangalore. The vehicle has to be stopped for a subsequent violation for BTP to check past history.
Old 1st September 2014, 01:04   #6503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
It is the same case for non-outstation vehicles in Bangalore. The vehicle has to be stopped for a subsequent violation for BTP to check past history.
BTP usually fetch address from RTO and post the challan for fine with proof via post. The concern was how will BTP get address of non-KA vehicles?
Old 1st September 2014, 09:08   #6504
BHPian

Quote:
Outstation cars details and penalty details can be entered in BTP BBs but can be forced to pay only when the driver is caught again (only at the spot), they cant do anything unless the KA RTO has some hold on tamilnadu RTO, else it can only be in the papers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
BTP usually fetch address from RTO and post the challan for fine with proof via post. The concern was how will BTP get address of non-KA vehicles?
This would be perfect for habitual offenders. At least we have some way to report violations rather than rant on the internet. If the red Figo driver is 'usually' a good driver and had to break a rule due to an emergency (giving him/her a fair point of view) he/she wouldn't have to pay any fine if they does not break any rule in the future (in an ideal world)
Old 1st September 2014, 09:39   #6505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTP usually fetch address from RTO and post the challan for fine with proof via post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
This would be perfect for habitual offenders.
Habitual offenders (or one-off ones) wouldn't give much attention to the BTP notice either. I'm of the opinion BTP is wasting postage and stationery cost here. :-) The BTP has no system in place to ensure compliance. What exactly can they do if the challan recipient just trashes it?
Old 1st September 2014, 10:19   #6506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What exactly can they do if the challan recipient just trashes it?
Before the recipient can trash it, he has to receive it That was the point, how will BTP get non-KA address.
Quote:
The BTP has no system in place to ensure compliance.
Not just BTP, there are plenty of instances...
  • what if someone doesn't have PAN & doesn't declare income?
  • what if someone deviates from sanctioned building plan?
  • what if someone has 2 gas connections?
  • what if someone doesn't follow one-way rule during night when there is no policemen is there to fine?
There are plenty of ifs, but as citizens, it their duty to comply with requirements of the state. If they don't, you see where we have ended up now.

---

Today, BT has an article on 'nail mafia'
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 11:28   #6507
BHPian

Quote:
Its different with KA vehicles as they have to approach the KA RTO \ TP for anything related to their car and they will be caught if they have any pending dues. Its not the case with the non-KA owners, there is no need for them to approach the cops other than an accident case or something similar and all the penalty will be only in papers till they are stopped by a traffic cop.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 1st September 2014 at 11:30.
Old 1st September 2014, 14:17   #6508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Before the recipient can trash it, he has to receive it That was the point, how will BTP get non-KA address.
Not just BTP, there are plenty of instances...
  • what if someone doesn't have PAN & doesn't declare income?
  • what if someone deviates from sanctioned building plan?
  • what if someone has 2 gas connections?
  • what if someone doesn't follow one-way rule during night when there is no policemen is there to fine?
There are plenty of ifs, but as citizens, it their duty to comply with requirements of the state. If they don't, you see where we have ended up now.
All the above (maybe except the one-way one) have reasonable controls to ensure compliance. What is lacking, for argument's sake, is the executive action in enforcement.

Quote:
Its different with KA vehicles as they have to approach the KA RTO \ TP for anything related to their car and they will be caught if they have any pending dues.
How often do you have to deal with RTO/TP once you have purchased your vehicle (not counting cases where you are held for a violation), anyway? Even a sale of the vehicle does not require past traffic fines to be paid in Bangalore.
Old 1st September 2014, 14:19   #6509
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its different with KA vehicles as they have to approach the KA RTO \ TP for anything related to their car and they will be caught if they have any pending dues. Its not the case with the non-KA owners, there is no need for them to approach the cops other than an accident case or something similar and all the penalty will be only in papers till they are stopped by a traffic cop.

An example where a person with a KA registration visits the RTO please? Unless it is for accident cases / payment of fines/ case of relocation.
Old 1st September 2014, 14:47   #6510
BHPian

Quote:
RTO/TP once you have purchased your vehicle (not counting cases where you are held for a violation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
An example where a person with a KA registration visits the RTO please? Unless it is for accident cases / payment of fines/ case of relocation.
Please enlighten me how will you remove the hypothication details from your RC. It could be anything, even the habitual offenders can be easily tracked and send legal notices. Legally they can initiate recovery upon refusing to pay any penalty. Please educate yourself on the legal powers of home RTOs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks