Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2015, 10:15   #7966
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Update on the Devasandra route:
From December I haven't used this route since I was using the 2 wheeler. Had to take the car today and seeing the extremely crazy GIMF (Great Indian Merge Festival ) at Tin factory junction, decided to take the hanging bridge and then Devasandra road. The culvert work near Ayyappa Nagar is complete and the approach ramps on either side are being worked upon but there was no mess and it was smooth sailing. After the SEA college junction, where the road widens up, there is fresh tarmac all the way upto Hoodi signal so smooth sailing again
I forgot to update that post. I have been using the same route since February and it's been a hoot to drive to office early in the morning .
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 22:21   #7967
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Since the last month or so, the NGEF Road is a 1 way between 8 and 11 am (enforced on weekdays) so no entry from Old Madras Road during this time.
A sign has also been placed recently on the Old Madras Road junction of this road.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-ngef-1-way.jpg
Old 1st April 2015, 22:28   #7968
BHPian

The road that connects Kasturi Nagar to Old Madras Road, running parallel to Bayyappanahalli railway line is being tarred. Today they had blocked the stretch from the turning after the Bayyappanahalli rail over bridge.
Old 2nd April 2015, 12:55   #7969
Senior - BHPian

The kind of moronic activities that take place when a VVIP visits our city.

There are posters of our PM splashed all over the Old Airport Road towards MG Stretch. The point that irked me most was, they have even blocked off Traffic Signboards!

I could see a signboard saying U-Turn Not Allowed being blocked. Also, a board saying Right Turn Not Allowed was blocked off with these stupid posters.

What kind of nonsense is this? What kind of fool approves stupidity like this?
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 13:01   #7970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
The kind of moronic activities that take place when a VVIP visits our city.

There are posters of our PM splashed all over the Old Airport Road towards MG Stretch. The point that irked me most was, they have even blocked off Traffic Signboards!

I could see a signboard saying U-Turn Not Allowed being blocked. Also, a board saying Right Turn Not Allowed was blocked off with these stupid posters.

What kind of nonsense is this? What kind of fool approves stupidity like this?
The log book of how many of these stupid things are out on roads today is here:

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../46776322.cms?

Cloth banners - 100(size of 2 x 3 feet)
Flags - 500 (1 mt)
Flags - 300 (½ mt)
Buntings - 200kg of buntings for 30 km
Arches - 30(10x10 ft)
Big lotus symbol - 2 (15 x 5 ft)

Quote:
BBMP commissioner M Lakshminarayana gave permission to erect hoardings and banners directly after he was addressed by BJP leader Keshav Prasad S on March 28. The permission was officially granted on March 30. The commissioner has now ordered the east zone joint commissioner to book criminal cases against the political leaders for putting up flex and boards in undesignated places.

He said, "The Upa Lokayukta has directed me to ensure that there is no flex installed in the A zone, and I have asked the officials to immediately go to the spot and book a criminal case against the persons who have violated the regulations. I am clear that the BJP has to follow the regulations. If they have installed flexes at places where permission is not given, they have to face criminal cases."

Avoid 'A' zone

» Kumar Kripa Road - from Windsor Manor Junction to Shivanand Circle
» Raj Bhavan Road - High Ground to Minks Square
» Ambedkar Vidhi - KR Circle to Infantry Road
» Post Office Road - KR Circle to SBM circle (KG Road)
» Basaveshwara Circle surrounding Chalukya Hotel
» Maharani College Road
» KR Circle
» Cubbon Park and surrounding of Lalbagh
» Nruptunga Road - KR Circle to Police Corner Junction
» Palace Road - SBM Circle to Basavaeshwara Circle

EDIT:: As they promised, if they have indeed blocked some important signs, they can be booked for criminal offence. But then restricted only to A Zone. Rest of Bangalore can go to hell !!

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 2nd April 2015 at 13:03.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 13:08   #7971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

Cloth banners - 100(size of 2 x 3 feet)
Flags - 500 (1 mt)
Flags - 300 (½ mt)
Buntings - 200kg of buntings for 30 km
Arches - 30(10x10 ft)
Big lotus symbol - 2 (15 x 5 ft)

As they promised, if they have indeed blocked some important signs, they can be booked for criminal offence. But then restricted only to A Zone. Rest of Bangalore can go to hell !!
It is so frustrating to see our city become some political canvassing scapegoat. Those plastic flags are not even secured properly and end up on the road. And any biker who decides to support himself with his foot and who ends up placing his foot on these flags unknowingly will end up slipping and not to mention bikes will skid if they brake on top of these plastic flags.

I plan on taking some pictures of these Sign Boards and then post it on BTP's website tonight. If someone doesn't notice the board and and takes a disallowed U-Turn and is sent a notice, will BJP pay the fine? If only social and civic sense trumped sycophancy, our country would be a better place.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 15:37   #7972
Team-BHP Support

It's funny how everyone in a police uniform is so eager to do their job today. Junctions where I never saw the traffic cop bothering to intervene even if there was a riot, today have multiple cops each directing traffic movement.

Days like today make me want to laugh at their 'understaffed & overworked' claims. How come that's a valid excuse to not protect the common man but they come in hordes to protect idiot VVIPs?

P.S. I unwittingly blocked a small convoy of some minor minister (or some such) near Command Hospital today around 11 AM, when the signal was green. The pilot biker cop came up to admonish me, but saw better sense when I pointed to the approaching ambulance.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd April 2015 at 15:44.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 15:42   #7973
Team-BHP Support

I decided to leave my office early since I would get held up. What a pleasure as the cops were keeping the flow going
Old 2nd April 2015, 21:12   #7974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I decided to leave my office early since I would get held up. What a pleasure as the cops were keeping the flow going
Guess what I have reached home in record time both to and fro from office. Good things to note. No unauthorised parking on most of the major roads. Autos where not allowed to slow down on the drivers wish. Cops were vigilant and didn't allow long pileups on the junctions. Some how felt bmtc buses were obedient drivers today. Lane discipline was forced on major roads. Very less number of lorry /water tankers on road during the peak hours. Hope Bangalore will keep up this momentum and be the same for drivers
Old 3rd April 2015, 00:52   #7975
Senior - BHPian

Wow a lot of you guys seem to be blessed. I heard from a lot of people how less the traffic was and crawled back from prestige shantiniketan to my home neat big bazaar in an incredible 1 hour 10 mins . Crawled from metropolis till krp railway bridge at 7:40 pm :( 10 odd Kms in over 60 mins, one of my worst days
Old 3rd April 2015, 07:32   #7976
BHPian

Saw a Maruti 800 completely burnt down on the BTM Lake Road at 6:30 AM. There were still many fire tenders and truck at the scene. The fire tender were packing up and cops inspecting the car.

Shouldn't cause much problem as its a holiday and I am sure they will move the car away

Regards
Old 3rd April 2015, 07:49   #7977
Senior - BHPian

Yeah. Even I saw it at 6:35 AM !! My first live view of how a burnt down car looks like !
Seemed it happened few minutes back. But that is on the opposite lane from AXA towards BTM. So traffic shouldn't be affected.

BTW, missed spotting you by some 5 minutes or so.
Old 3rd April 2015, 11:46   #7978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Saw a Maruti 800 completely burnt down on the BTM Lake Road at 6:30 AM.
Regards
It was still there when I passed that spot at around 8:40 AM.
There was just one cop near it and the traffic was moving very slowly as everyone slowed down to take a good look at it!
Old 3rd April 2015, 12:38   #7979
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Today being Good Friday, many establishments have declared a holiday so for the ones that haven't, the employees are happy since traffic is a breeze , wish we have more of these days
Old 3rd April 2015, 14:37   #7980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
BTW, missed spotting you by some 5 minutes or so.
Just miss maaga in Bangalore Style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
It was still there when I passed that spot at around 8:40 AM.
How wrong I was to assume that it will be removed before the peak hour starts. I believe Bangalore Traffic Cops are living up to the expectation.

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks