Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2015, 18:16   #8881
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Don't come towards Graphite India.
From ITPL, drive straight towards Hoodi, and go towards Mahadevpura and join ORR.
you mean take the right U turn at the ATM junction and head towards the ABB junction and proceed via Phoenix ?
Old 17th August 2015, 18:19   #8882
Team-BHP Support

Went to ITPL to give a training at 11 am. Left my office on old airport road ariound 9. I decided to take a combination of my office shuttle and the Volvo.

It took 60 min to cross HAL. Another 60 min to reach Kundhalli and another 60 min to reach ITPL. MY session had tro be moved to 2.30.

I got to do this again tomorrow. Have hired a taxi and will go via KR Puram. Yes, it is slow and crowed but I hopefully will get there!
Old 17th August 2015, 18:23   #8883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
you mean take the right U turn at the ATM junction and head towards the ABB junction and proceed via Phoenix ?
Yes, proceed towards that side. I am not very well versed, but what i mean is to come to graphite (from hoodi side) take U turn at graphite junction and take left 100 mts from the junction. This will take you towards Alpine Eco.

Or like you said, go towards Phoenix and join ORR.
Old 17th August 2015, 18:27   #8884
Senior - BHPian

Folks
While coming back home after I shift, the cab driver took the Nallurahalli route as we got the news that the SAP labs main road was choked.
I could see only a part of the road being relaid. The rest of the stretch is of mud and slush. Once the cab reached the Shell petrol bunk, we observed that the entrance to the road was nearly blocked and that there was only a small gap for a vehicle to cross over the hump.
Fortunately the Innova manged to do so.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 18:30   #8885
BHPian

Stuck near Bellandur lake since past 45 mins....avoid if you usually go this way
Old 17th August 2015, 18:59   #8886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
3) Traffic from Sarjapur if wanting to turn left towards Bellandur lake are not allowed in any more since the space between flyovers. That route is blocked.
Saw this on Sunday (when going from Koramangala to Mahadevpura). The idea seems to be that you need to take the service road from the Sun City junction (Iblur junction) itself to go towards Yemalur/DRDO. That 1 km stretch of the service road has been resurfaced (from what I could see from the main carriageway).
Old 17th August 2015, 23:21   #8887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This place seems to have a traffic jam almost all through the day! Not sure of any specific reason for today.
In such situations at this place, I think it's better to take the service road after Ramamurtny nagar junction, go below ORR and take the railway under bridge at Kasturi Nagar and get back to Old Madras Road and back to Tin factory junction, much better than getting stuck there.
Yes no specific reason today. Took more than half an hour on my two wheeler today to cover around two kilometres from RamamurthyNagar junction to railway under bridge. I suppose it was because of the vehicles coming in the opposite direction from the underpass and going towards Dooravaninagar. Adding to that are the trucks parked on the service road carrying the iron bars. Beyond that junction there was no jam at all !
Old 17th August 2015, 23:29   #8888
BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Just got out of a huge traffic jam due to accident. This is below the rail over bridge between Marathahalli and soulspace/total mall on the outer ring road, Bangalore. A cement mixer involved was greatly damaged. Couldn't see what else was involved - hope people are safe. There is a crane on Marathahalli to soul space side of median and an ambulance and other onlookers parked on the other side. Traffic is held up on both sides for a couple of KMs!

Last edited by chakri400 : 17th August 2015 at 23:32.
Old 18th August 2015, 08:14   #8889
Senior - BHPian

Road Update:

The road between Graphite and CMRIT is now relatively stress free due to the shoddy fixing of the slush and dug up portion near CMRIT.
Traffic is flowing on both the carriageways as usual.

The utter level of shoddiness is evident from the material used. The folks have used small chips and cement powder to cover up the mess they had created.
One rain and we will be back to square one.

I found that there are only 2 motorable roads in the entire Whitefield area.

SAP Labs - Vydehi and Vydehi - Formulae 1 Hotel junction.
These two stretches have a relatively smooth road surface will a few potholes, that can probably be ignored.

The rest of roads in Whitefield are so effed up.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 18th August 2015 at 08:40.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 08:30   #8890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The road between Graphite and CMRIT is now relatively stress free due to the shoddy fixing of the slush and dug up portion near CMRIT.
Infact to commute on the Nallurahalli road, you need an off road vehicle. Very bad indeed. If you look at the entire whitefield main road, the left portion of the road is left to the mercy of the road users. Absolutely pathetic.

Regarding the road that has been filled near CMRIT, I too observed today morning that the patchwork is way below sub standard. I mean just yesterday we had a bus landing into the caved portion. So at least today the road should have been tarred. Instead all that you find is loose gravel.

All users beware. Next time it rains out there, avoid using the stretch near CMRIT as you will never know when your vehicle will cave in just like the BMTC bus the other day.

Last edited by ampere : 18th August 2015 at 09:01. Reason: Removed bulk of quoted post
Old 18th August 2015, 08:40   #8891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know who is to be blamed here, the apathy of the authorities or the apathy of common citizens. Is n't there any citizen or trade body to question these kind of atrocities committed on hapless public? Some non sense protests like Whitefield bachao are happening with people wearing black attire. But who cares..

Last edited by ampere : 18th August 2015 at 09:01. Reason: Removed bulk of quoted post
Old 18th August 2015, 08:46   #8892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I don't know who is to be blamed here, the apathy of the authorities or the apathy of common citizens. Is n't there any citizen or trade body to question these kind of atrocities committed on hapless public? Some non sense protests like Whitefield bachao are happening with people wearing black attire. But who cares..
Last time I heard, the Whitefield Rising association folks had met some big shots and also conducted a drive through of some minister or so on the streets of Whitefield, to get a first hand experience of what people go through everyday.

Not sure what lollypop they were promised, and if there is any real time action plan in place or not.

But seriously considering upcoming BBMP Elections, I am surprised howcome Whitefield is not in its prime glory !!! Or isn't Whitefield under BBMP limits ?
Atleast in BTM, all roads, potholes, drains are being fixed.
Old 18th August 2015, 08:52   #8893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last time I heard, the Whitefield Rising association folks had met some big shots and also conducted a drive through of some minister or so on the streets of Whitefield, to get a first hand experience of what people go through everyday.

Not sure what lollypop they were promised, and if there is any real time action plan in place or not.

But seriously considering upcoming BBMP Elections, I am surprised howcome Whitefield is not in its prime glory !!! Or isn't Whitefield under BBMP limits ?
Atleast in BTM, all roads, potholes, drains are being fixed.
That is exactly my point. Every other area is getting attention due to the upcoming BBMP polls. But nothing seems to move here. Whitefield Rising, WEPPIA etc are totally useless organisations. I think there are some political reasons behind this lack of attention to Whitefield.
It is ironic to listen to our PM talking about smart cities. If this is the condition of a prominent IT area in the country, I am not sure what kind of 'smartness' he will be able to bring about in other tier 2 cities which are being selected for this initiative.

Last edited by poloman : 18th August 2015 at 08:56.
poloman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 09:09   #8894
BHPian

It doesn't take rocket science to decipher that you'll be blocking oncoming traffic and it benefits no one, yes even you.
Venue: Iblur service road, towards Bangalore central.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1439869170.188152.jpg
Old 18th August 2015, 09:41   #8895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
It doesn't take rocket science to decipher that you'll be blocking oncoming traffic and it benefits no one, yes even you.
Venue: Iblur service road, towards Bangalore central.
On that note, a very prominent observation by me.

Service Lane is more choked than Main road. Everywhere, every part of the city.
Some people (mostly cabbies) in a spur of smartness zoom into the service road only to find it choked due to two way traffic and multiple bylanes joining the service road.

Even though I find the main road jammed, I never go to service road. Stick to the main road and move along with the slow moving traffic.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks