Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2021, 17:45   #18781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
How many ring roads can they keep constructing ? Wouldn't that add lot of travel time to trucks ? There are very less signal free roads except NICE. Hope they construct something similar and also keep the road free from other commercial activity like NICE has done.
Agree, when they construct ORR, they should make sure no new commercial buildings come next to it, else you keep expanding ORRs and old ORRs becomes city roads. Same happens in By-pass roads, New by-Pass road is constructed in towns, all the commercial establishment shifts to By-Pass road make it a city road. This game of constructing ORR and By-pass road allowing commercial development should stop, else every 5 years these roads gets swallowed by cities/towns.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 15:24   #18782
BHPian

Heads up for those not aware-

Be extremely cautious on Airport expressway from Hebbal onwards as there is road work happening and you could be caught unawares while cruising at high speeds!.

On top of that, there are cops standing by the sides happily chatting away with their bikes parked. A valid reason now to not exceed 80 kmph.

Last edited by Nalin1 : 14th January 2021 at 15:27.
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 16:23   #18783
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Be extremely cautious on Airport expressway from Hebbal onwards as there is road work happening and you could be caught unawares while cruising at high speeds!.
To add to the concern is that the diversions and closures are dynamic and changing almost daily as the work progresses. Even if you've driven on it in the morning, the evening diversions can be different.
Old 15th January 2021, 11:53   #18784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Agree, when they construct ORR, they should make sure no new commercial buildings come next to it, else you keep expanding ORRs and old ORRs becomes city roads. Same happens in By-pass roads, New by-Pass road is constructed in towns, all the commercial establishment shifts to By-Pass road make it a city road. This game of constructing ORR and By-pass road allowing commercial development should stop, else every 5 years these roads gets swallowed by cities/towns.
Reminded me about what has happened in Houston - see this video:
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 12:20   #18785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Reminded me about what has happened in Houston - see this video:
Good video. We have feeder roads next to all major roads with lakhs of people in tech parks and malls on either side
I read about 4 major MNCs including Apple having leased big office space on ORR even during pandemic times !
Old 15th January 2021, 12:22   #18786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Have been commuting to work through JeevanBima Nagar Main Road almost everyday since April. The status of the road even today is simply horrible. Only half-width of the road is usable due to digging work. With more or less continuous rains this year since May/June, it has been a horrendous commute and there seems to be no end to this torture
Quoting my earlier post to update about JeevanBima Nagar Main Road.
During Christmas-New Year period, BBMP asphalted the bad-half (dugup and refilled) of the road
Now, 2 days ago they have completely relaid the asphalt over the entire length and width of the road
(We can enjoy the road until BESCOM/BSNL etc start digging up the road)
srvm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 01:21   #18787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Heads up for those not aware-
Be extremely cautious on Airport expressway from Hebbal onwards as there is road work happening
The Outer Ring road from Hebbal to KR Puram is undergoing white topping in two places as of today. One is just before Manyata Tech Park and the other is near Ram Murthy Nagar. I stupidly took the ring road in the afternoon and spent 1.5 hours listening to good music in bumper to bumper traffic. It might be better to go through the city and avoid that segment of the ring road for some time.
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 03:35   #18788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
The Outer Ring road from Hebbal to KR Puram is undergoing white topping in two places as of today. One is just before Manyata Tech Park and the other is near Ram Murthy Nagar. I stupidly took the ring road in the afternoon and spent 1.5 hours listening to good music in bumper to bumper traffic. It might be better to go through the city and avoid that segment of the ring road for some time.
Got a taste of this on our way to a car show room with a neighbour last evening. Once while reaching this show room and again when we stupidly decided to take a TD thinking HRBR to Kasturi Nagar exit section will be clean .

As soon as we got onto ORR from service road with the TD car, the jam started and we took more than 25 minutes to make that U Turn atop Horamavu flyover.

What a disastrous day but my friend booked the DCT as it was put to full use in B2B traffic during this TD yesterday .

Lesson again learnt : No 2 days (may be even 2 hours) are the same when it comes to Namma Bengaluru traffic!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 09:54   #18789
BHPian

This white topping saga on the ORR has been going on for 3 years now. We had so many seasons of it and hope this is the finale.

Its really stupidity that when this stretch was take up earlier, they didn't do the underpasses and just did the road on both the sides. In fact for Horamavu, the entire stretch was blocked 2 years back, they could have as well done it at that time. But that needs better planning and sense from BBMP which is too much to expect.
Old 18th January 2021, 22:54   #18790
Distinguished - BHPian

Airport road is having long lane closures due to resurfacing. They have closed down almost 1.5 lanes for few KM's, so you will be stuck behind any slow moving truck based on your luck.

Wonder what will be the situation if any vehicle breakdown happens.

This along with the white topping related mess around Horamavu means, if you are coming from KR Puram side, you will take around half hour extra towards airport.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 12:48   #18791
Distinguished - BHPian

With the mega farmer rally planned in BLR in 26th (tomorrow), expect complete mayhem as many outstation folks return after the 'long' weekend. Even if the police deny them permission to enter BLR, there is a threat to block all the access roads from all directions.

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/80438029.cms

https://www.deccanherald.com/city/to...26-942991.html
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 12:43   #18792
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Ashok Khenny responded to my tweet, so ball is in Karnataka Govt, Hope they approve it soon if they get time from their internal squabble. So its 2 weeks from Karantaka Govt approval NICE road toll will be operational, Software and Hardware are all ready and installed. Tweet
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-khenny.jpg  

shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 13:21   #18793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Looks like Ashok Khenny responded to my tweet, so ball is in Karnataka Govt, Hope they approve it soon if they get time from their internal squabble. So its 2 weeks from Karantaka Govt approval NICE road toll will be operational, Software and Hardware are all ready and installed.
I believe the infrastructure was there since 2019 and there were lot of discussion on the Nice Road thread. To make matters worse, the entire NICE-State Govt agreement is in legal tangle and let's hope the Fastag implementation is immune.

Quoting a 2017 article.
https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le19846523.ece

Quote:
There are 40 cases related to NICE in the High Court and the Supreme Court.

Bound by stay orders issued by courts, says Minister T.B. Jayachandra

The State government is unable to restrain Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE), promoter of the Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor Project (BMICP), from increasing the toll owing to stay orders by the High Court.

Law and Parliamentary Affairs Minister T.B. Jayachandra told mediapersons on Thursday that the government had issued notices to NICE when it had increased toll rates on the BMIC. There are 40 cases related to NICE in the High Court and the Supreme Court. Owing to pending cases and stay orders from courts, the government is not able to restrain NICE on the issue of toll rates, he said.

A House Committee report of the Karnataka Legislative Assembly headed by Jayachandra has indicted NICE for violation of the Framework Agreement (FWA), excess land acquisition, levying toll without laying concrete road and illegal extraction of mines, among other issues. It recommended a CBI probe into the alleged irregularities by NICE.

The House Committee also recommended withdrawal of 11,660 acres of both private (7,532 acres) and government land (3,528 acres) earmarked for the project, stoppage of toll collection on NICE road and recovery of royalty of ₹242.45 crore for illegal mining activities on 242 acres acquired for BMICP.

For vacating stay orders, the Minister met the Advocate General. The government has appointed advocate Sunil Yadav to argue its case in the High Court and for vacating stay orders, Mr. Jayachandra said.

Mr Jayachandra, who is also a member of the cabinet sub-committee on drought, said a memorandum would be submitted to the Centre seeking compensation for crop loss owing to floods in September and October.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 08:32   #18794
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Have the BTP started targeting non KA registered private vehicles again? During my last two trips from home town, I have seen them pulling over almost all non KA cars between Attibele and ECity.
Wondering when the neighboring states will reciprocate this kind gesture.

Note: I drive a KA registered vehicle. So not sure what they were checking
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 11:46   #18795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Have the BTP started targeting non KA registered private vehicles again? During my last two trips from home town, I have seen them pulling over almost all non KA cars between Attibele and ECity.
Wondering when the neighboring states will reciprocate this kind gesture.

Note: I drive a KA registered vehicle. So not sure what they were checking
It is the new corruption free government, I'm guessing. It is a violation of our rights as citizens to be stopped without any reason by uniformed goons pretending to be doing their duty as police on behalf of the citizens. Even SILVERWOOD has given trying to reform these goons.

New problem - BETL toll gates are jammed by people doing I don't know what on the cashless lanes.

I am generally disappointed that we on this forum don't take any action collectively to solve any problem except complain. (including me)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks