Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2012, 22:30   #5356
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

I misunderstood entirely, thinking that you mean the very opposite.

Sorry.
Old 18th January 2012, 02:29   #5357
Senior - BHPian

Its no problem Thad dont worry about it

To those interested in those detailing freebies, I live in Juhu so send me a PM if anyone wants the Armorall wash and wax shampoo, Turtle wax and Formula1 Shine
Old 19th January 2012, 23:19   #5358
BHPian

Guys,any idea where i can get Black fire wet diamond paint sealant in chennai or from any other established,genuine website? i tried bringingbest.com,but looks like they sell BFWD paint protection and BF paint polish together as a set,which together costs Rs 3559/-

Last edited by Wall-e : 19th January 2012 at 23:21.
Old 19th January 2012, 23:28   #5359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
Guys,any idea where i can get Black fire wet diamond paint sealant in chennai or from any other established,genuine website? i tried bringingbest.com,but looks like they sell BFWD paint protection and BF paint polish together as a set.
Walle what a coincedence I today only made the purchase of BFWD Duo from BBImpex.

You need to use both of them to get the desired result. Using just sealant won't be perfect. I would suggest you to purchase both and sealant cost more than gloss polish so the difference would be marginal.

For perfect finish one needs to top gloss polish with sealant. So my suggestion purchase both if you want a perfect whiplash finish.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 19th January 2012 at 23:33.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 13:40   #5360
Senior - BHPian

Men In Black:

So finally received my courier from BBImpex. Purchased following products.
1. BlackFire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection
2. BlackFire Gloss Enhancing Polish
3. Meguiars Clay Bar 80gm
4. Pinnacle Foam Applicator Pad X 4
5. AutoCraft MicroFiber Mitt with Scrubber - 4000 BBPoints Redemption
6. Few Products for free.

Received my package in record 48 hrs of making payment. The package was so small for once I was wondering were all products their but to my surprise everything was very much there. BBImpex surely knows how to package with least size of carton.

Would be working on my Pearl Black Vento in 2 wk of Feb and will be updating you all for sure. Now that I have previously used Mothers clay bar and now I have Meguiars clay bar will give me a fair idea which one is better.

Waiting to get my Karcher K2.180 next week.

Thank you all for the detailing I have learnt.

Few images:
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-21012012475.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-21012012476.jpg

Question:
Previously I once didn't mask my car because of which the paste wax has got deposited on matt black plastic parts. Can you all recommend some products which would help me in getting rid of it. It looks real bad.
Old 21st January 2012, 17:29   #5361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Men In Black:

So finally received my courier from BBImpex. Purchased following products.
1. BlackFire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection
2. BlackFire Gloss Enhancing Polish
3. Meguiars Clay Bar 80gm
4. Pinnacle Foam Applicator Pad X 4
5. AutoCraft MicroFiber Mitt with Scrubber - 4000 BBPoints Redemption
6. Few Products for free.

Received my package in record 48 hrs of making payment. The package was so small for once I was wondering were all products their but to my surprise everything was very much there. BBImpex surely knows how to package with least size of carton.

Would be working on my Pearl Black Vento in 2 wk of Feb and will be updating you all for sure. Now that I have previously used Mothers clay bar and now I have Meguiars clay bar will give me a fair idea which one is better.

Waiting to get my Karcher K2.180 next week.

Thank you all for the detailing I have learnt.

Few images:
Attachment 874916

Attachment 874917

Question:
Previously I once didn't mask my car because of which the paste wax has got deposited on matt black plastic parts. Can you all recommend some products which would help me in getting rid of it. It looks real bad.
Congrats on the haul. BTW can you share the price of the products, am eager to know as my car care supplies are nearing to end.
Old 21st January 2012, 18:50   #5362
BHPian

Quote:
You need to use both of them to get the desired result. Using just sealant won't be perfect. I would suggest you to purchase both and sealant cost more than gloss polish so the difference would be marginal.
Thanks for the suggestion el_lobo_6061,But aren't polish abrasive in nature which removes a micro mm of clear coat? My car is only 2 months old and i don't have courage to expose it so early to abrasive products.Please correct me if i'am wrong.i'am still learning

Are there any other good branded(megs,3M,etc...) paint sealant available?
Old 21st January 2012, 19:29   #5363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Congrats on the haul. BTW can you share the price of the products, am eager to know as my car care supplies are nearing to end.
PM'ed you the details.

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion el_lobo_6061,But aren't polish abrasive in nature which removes a micro mm of clear coat? My car is only 2 months old and i don't have courage to expose it so early to abrasive products.Please correct me if i'am wrong.i'am still learning
Wall-e most of the products are clear coat safe including BFWD Duo. The best available sealant is BFWD in comparison to Opti-Seal.

According to me, the car wash guys in the bldg are enough to remove the micro clear coat with their haphazard way of washing both tyre and body with the very same cloth which is comes at cheap Rs 20 per cloth.

The Gloss Enhancing Polish(GEP) just removes previous wax and some swirls and prepares the surface for application of sealant(BFWD). Without GEP you wont get the perfect finish. Even AutoGeek recommends use of both products to get the perfect finish.

Quote:
Are there any other good branded(megs,3M,etc...) paint sealant available?
Finding genuine stuff is the biggest problem we have in India. Frankly no idea about sealants from Megs or 3M. I'm only aware of BFWD and Opti-Seal which are available in India.
There are very few retailers who actually sell sealant from Megs and I'm not aware of anyone.
Old 22nd January 2012, 11:01   #5364
BHPian

Got a sample of Washdrops along with my other orders from gamutauto.com.

Outstanding product - a small bucket of water was enough to shampoo my Accord - Grit marks/stubborn stains/hardened bird poo just dissolved. The shine was superb! Extremely sorry for not clicking pics - the car was basement parked and I couldn't capture a good image with my non flash phone cam.

Has anyone tried this before?
Old 22nd January 2012, 22:43   #5365
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Got a sample of Washdrops along with my other orders from gamutauto.com.

Outstanding product - a small bucket of water was enough to shampoo my Accord - Grit marks/stubborn stains/hardened bird poo just dissolved. The shine was superb! Extremely sorry for not clicking pics - the car was basement parked and I couldn't capture a good image with my non flash phone cam.

Has anyone tried this before?
Not yet tried but it sounds tempting. It seems to be similar to Optimum No Rinse. The thing is that I'm happy washing my car with my existing shampoos, hence shall try this only once I have run out of shampoo.

I see it is priced very cheap approx Rs. 169 or so, but not sure about the quantity. If it is for around 1 litre bottle, then I would go for it, since it would as chap / expensive as my existing shampoos. Got to use around 1 ounce per gallon, hence very similar usage quantity as most shampoos out there. The large benefit seems to be not having to rinse off once you are done.

Quote:
PM'ed you the details.
@el lobo, can you post the details here, if you are comfortable? It would be useful for us too. I'm sure we can share best practices in sourcing car care products and their usage techniques.

Last edited by SAS : 22nd January 2012 at 22:48. Reason: quoted @el lobo
Old 23rd January 2012, 16:41   #5366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS View Post
@el lobo, can you post the details here, if you are comfortable? It would be useful for us too. I'm sure we can share best practices in sourcing car care products and their usage techniques.
The details I PM'ed to samsag12 were just the pricing of the products which I purchased. The only reason why I'm not disclosing the prices is because it puts the seller and purchaser in a soup. Since with constant fluctuation and appreciation of $ against Re, makes pricing of the products very dicey. So its better always to get the recent and updated prices of the products from the seller.

I made the purchase from BBImpex and you can contact Mr. Sanjay at sanjay@bringingbest.com for recent updated prices. He replies to your e-mail promptly and makes the purchase very easy. I received my courier within 48 hrs of making payment.

Regarding the usage techniques wait for 12 Feb'12 when I will be detailing my Vento with the following products in the order given below and would be posting a very detailed detailing post.
1. Cleaning wheel wells and underbelly with Karcher K2.180.
2. Amway Car Wash.
3. Claying with Meguiars clay bar
4. Removing swirl with Meguiars SwirlX remover
5. BlackFire Gloss Enhancing Polish
6. BlackFire Wet Diamond sealant
7. Collinite 915 Marque 'D Elegance wax.

SAS you too are based in Mumbai where? I'm at Sanpada, Navi Mumbai. How about coming over to my place when I do the detailing. Would be nice to have bhpian sharing the same passion. Open Invitation.
If you have any further query let me know, would be happy to help.

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th January 2012 at 15:40. Reason: corrected the dot
Old 23rd January 2012, 18:38   #5367
Senior - BHPian

Buddy, your concern is genuine but could you share the details of any discounts that were offered to you? What I am more keen on knowing is if any one of us who is interested in making a purchase can expect any such discounts.

Quote:
The details I PM'ed to samsag12 were just the pricing of the products which I purchased. The only reason why I'm not disclosing the prices is because it puts the seller and purchaser in a soup. Since with constant fluctuation and appreciation of $ against Re, makes pricing of the products very dicey. So its better always to get the recent and updated prices of the products from the seller.
Old 23rd January 2012, 20:21   #5368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Buddy, your concern is genuine but could you share the details of any discounts that were offered to you? What I am more keen on knowing is if any one of us who is interested in making a purchase can expect any such discounts.
The prices are fixed and offered by them are very competitive.

Well I was given two deals of which I could go with either of the two.
1. 10% discount on the total purchase amount.
2. I made a total purchase of Rs. 4654 which earned me 4654 BBPoints which I could redeem.

I chose the second deal and got myself a AutoCraft Wash mitt with Scrubber 2 in 1 for 4000 BBPoints. The total came as Blackfire Combo Rs. 3559 + 4 Pinnacle Pad Rs. 636 + 1 80gms Megs Clay Rs. 459 = Rs. 4654. I even got 2 Areon & 1 Blue MF Pad as gift for my order & shipment for free having made purchase from him in the past.
Now you all can go ahead and make your purchases but never go by the old prices as I stated earlier since with constant fluctuation and appreciation of $ against Re, makes pricing of the products very dicey.
Old 23rd January 2012, 23:53   #5369
SAS
BHPian

Quote:

SAS you too are based in Mumbai where? I'm at Sanpada, Navi Mumbai. How about coming over to my place when I do the detailing. Would be nice to have bhpian sharing the same passion. Open Invitation.
If you have any further query let me know, would be happy to help.
Based in Borivali. Let's definitely catch up Makes sense to meet and greet. PM me and let me know when.
Old 24th January 2012, 11:01   #5370
BHPian

Got detailing done from ultimatedetailerz

I got my Swift detailed by ultimatedetailerz on Sunday. Reached Mohsin's place at 8:30 and he started working on the car. He finished the work by 1:30 in the afternoon. After this, my car looks almost as if it has just come out of the showroom and most of the swirl marks that were present from the day of delivery are gone!

Very satisfied with the work done! The car looks like this after the detailing was done

Reflection on the doors:
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_3262.jpg

The front view:
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_3263.jpg

Closeup of the bonnet:
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_3264.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks