Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:58   #181
Senior - BHPian

That part is taken care already. Got a full under body wash and Antirust spray sprayed liberally. Also checked the brakes and other areas where water could have seeped in.

But all will go in the rain today evening!!
Old 22nd May 2009, 19:43   #182
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I'll try to check that filter out. Is that the cup shaped one at the bottom?
This is the one in my car, yours could be of a similar colour. This is made in India. Most likely to be a Purolator. The part number could be on the other side. I am not athletic enough to try a shot from below.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-image_075.jpg

A search for Honda oil filters in the net revealed that the same size filters are offered for many models like City (Fit), Civic and CRV. Unfortunately the part numbers were different from the ones mentioned here.
Old 22nd May 2009, 21:18   #183
Senior - BHPian

I'll try to be athletic tomorrow. I have a ramp near my house, will try it there. Today I had a chance, but forgot it.

Thanks for that picture.
Old 23rd May 2009, 13:46   #184
Senior - BHPian

I looked underneath. Its a blue coloured stuff for me. Could not read the partnumber, all I could get was MAHLE!! and Honda written on it.
Old 24th May 2009, 09:55   #185
Senior - BHPian

I have asked the service advisor what do they do in wheel alignment. In the conversation he said the camber/caster is fixed during production and it never changes. Is he bluffing??

Next - I see that during wheel balancing at a good year outlet they used some weights which was not looking the same as what was there as before. I had flat aluminium coloured ones before, and this one is the normal black coloured lead cylinders! I see that above 150kmph vibrations come in - so the balancing is not perfect?

I had asked about an engine flush after reading about many magic news here - which the service advisor said not recommended. I know Honda has not told about it in any service schedules.
Old 24th May 2009, 12:09   #186
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
I looked underneath. Its a blue coloured stuff for me. Could not read the partnumber, all I could get was MAHLE!! and Honda written on it.
The Purolator name was just a guess since it was made in India. Mahle too makes filters in India. Since the colour is blue, most likely both the filters are from Mahle itself.

Comparing the two oil filters when we go for service is the only option. But I doubt whether they would be open to that.
Old 24th May 2009, 14:14   #187
BANNED

Quote:
I have asked the service advisor what do they do in wheel alignment. In the conversation he said the camber/caster is fixed during production and it never changes. Is he bluffing??
Yes, this is true. Onle toe can be adjusted. This is what XL Tyre point guy told me, though I was not fully convinced.
Old 25th May 2009, 10:22   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Yes, this is true. Onle toe can be adjusted. This is what XL Tyre point guy told me, though I was not fully convinced.
Apparently the rear alignment seems more critical. Maybe some technical gurus will be able to throw more light on the civic's tire alignment features, tips.
Old 25th May 2009, 23:00   #189
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Apparently the rear alignment seems more critical. Maybe some technical gurus will be able to throw more light on the civic's tire alignment features, tips.
I don't see anyone attempting the rear wheel alignment. In past, they atleast used to mount the sensor on rear wheels, but thats not happening now. Once I questioned this, and they said, "there is nothing to align" Hu..

Worst, after aligning steering got misaligned. After my repeated visit, finally XL tyre guy "fixed" it. Good only knows what alignment the front wheel has now.
Old 26th May 2009, 13:30   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Worst, after aligning steering got misaligned. After my repeated visit, finally XL tyre guy "fixed" it. Good only knows what alignment the front wheel has now.
If he did not fix it correctly you should start to see some uneven treadwear right ?

I personally think the car is quite gentle on its tyres (damn...why do I sound like Steve Slater) so it might not be very evident like in case of another car like for e.g an Indica with it heavier engine upfront, its better that you get it cross checked.
Old 28th May 2009, 23:18   #191
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
I personally think the car is quite gentle on its tyres (damn...why do I sound like Steve Slater) so it might not be very evident like in case of another car like for e.g an Indica with it heavier engine upfront, its better that you get it cross checked.
I do agree. My tyre looks new even after 9k. But I do avoid sharp cuts on the road :-)

Any other good tyre guy in Chennai ?. The only name I am familiar is XL Tyre Point.
Old 31st May 2009, 10:50   #192
Senior - BHPian

Well, here's some good info on body panel costs.

Without paint,

Mudguard : 308/-
Rear bumper : 5170/-
Rear bumper spacer (one of many) : 400/-
Lamp unit, outer left : 4961/-

Denting and painting for rear bumper (complete), mudguard (complete) and rear left quarter panel (part - around 50%) : 7500/-
Old 31st May 2009, 12:13   #193
BHPian

LAL Enterprises

Quote:
Any other good tyre guy in Chennai ?. The only name I am familiar is XL Tyre Point.
I buy regularly from LAL enterprises. They have three to four shops around GP road.
Old 31st May 2009, 16:38   #194
Senior - BHPian

well Immortalz, what happened?

The painting charges are cheap there, here in Bangalore the bumper alone would have costed the same.
Old 31st May 2009, 17:20   #195
Senior - BHPian

Wha? Painting the rear bumper costs 7500/- in Bangalore? That's atrocious! Robbery even.

As for what happened, here you go.

Most Viewed