Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2016, 11:15   #7456
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

@Pixantz The civic will have to have her dashboard removed for the cooling coil installation.

@nik0502 I saw the Rs.450 stuff too, but the steel wires on them were easily bent,so opted out.
Old 10th May 2016, 12:55   #7457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Bhpians,
My civic needs a new cooling coil. Hass has given a quote of Rs 40k all inclusive.
I thought of giving it to my FNG. Any suggestions? Would FNG's be able to a good job of removing the dashboard and fitting it back?
HASS is always a rip-off when it comes to repairs like these. I suggest you go to an FNG. I see you are based out of Chennai and would hence recommend Ignite on ECR. I am sure you would end up spending much much lesser that what HASS has quoted.

Last edited by rr_zen : 10th May 2016 at 12:59.
rr_zen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 16:03   #7458
BHPian

Has anyone used Steero services for their car?

I was contemplating to use them to ascertain the oil leakage thing posted here on previous page. Plus now there is a strange rattling sound from the bonnet whenever the car hits a bump or runs on an uneven surface.
Old 10th May 2016, 17:53   #7459
BHPian

Quote:
Bhpians,
My civic needs a new cooling coil. Hass has given a quote of Rs 40k all inclusive.
I thought of giving it to my FNG. Any suggestions? Would FNG's be able to a good job of removing the dashboard and fitting it back?
I got my AC evaporator(cooling coil) cleaned. It was taken out. The dashboard was not removed.

Only the glove compartment was removed, which is easily done. Then it was washed and refitted.

Its tricky, but thats the way to do it without removing the dash.

Was done at HASS.

rgds
VineetG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 21:31   #7460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
I got my AC evaporator(cooling coil) cleaned. It was taken out. The dashboard was not removed.

Only the glove compartment was removed, which is easily done. Then it was washed and refitted.

Its tricky, but thats the way to do it without removing the dash.

Was done at HASS.

rgds
That can be done only if there is no damage to the coil. In my case, it had rusted and was chipping off. Denso replacement can be obtained for around 5-6k.
Old 10th May 2016, 21:56   #7461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
@Pixantz The civic will have to have her dashboard removed for the cooling coil installation.

If you're quoting this from a rumour, well then, it was just that. A rumour. Rest positively assured, you don't have to have the dash removed. Just the glove box and blower assembly.

All Honda's have a very unique and clever system for any service that may be needed to the cooling coil. It just slides out sideways from its housing which needs to be removed after the blower and refrigerant pipes are removed. It's the same for City, Amaze, CRV, Civic, Brio, etc. If an FNG told you about dash removal, then run away from them. Fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
That can be done only if there is no damage to the coil. In my case, it had rusted and was chipping off. Denso replacement can be obtained for around 5-6k.
No matter what the state of the coil, dash doesn't have to be removed. If you guys are from Mumbai I can show you myself. I didn't check your profile before typing this.
Old 11th May 2016, 07:30   #7462
Senior - BHPian

cooling coil can be removed without opening up the dash. just the glove box and blower needs to be taken out.

Dash is removed only in case if your flaps have some issues and air vents are chocked due to some reasons, since that stays just behind the audio system.

You can check that in this very thread, when i removed the dash for that.
Old 11th May 2016, 10:39   #7463
BHPian

Bhpians,

I have to change the engine oil in my Civic. I am keen to use Mobil 1 0w-40 or Mobil 1 5w-50. I used Honda Idemitsu synthetic the previous change. Please pour in your suggestions.

P.S. I redline the engine a lot.
Old 11th May 2016, 13:09   #7464
BANNED

@petroguzzler; I used Mobil1 once and then switched over to Idemitsu-Honda stuff. Saves a lot of ₹₹s as well. Remember Mobil1 is SAE40 while the Idemitsu is SAE30. The engine is quite happy with SAE30.
Old 11th May 2016, 23:46   #7465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bhpians,

I have to change the engine oil in my Civic. I am keen to use Mobil 1 0w-40 or Mobil 1 5w-50. I used Honda Idemitsu synthetic the previous change. Please pour in your suggestions.

Stick with HASS oil. I once used Total 10W 40. It made the engine sluggish. I also tried Shell Helix 5 w 40 but it did not feel as smooth and lively as when using OE oil so i went back to HASS oil. The grade is perfect for the IVTEC engine , you won't regret it.
Old 12th May 2016, 07:35   #7466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@petroguzzler; I used Mobil1 once and then switched over to Idemitsu-Honda stuff. Saves a lot of ₹₹s as well. Remember Mobil1 is SAE40 while the Idemitsu is SAE30. The engine is quite happy with SAE30.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Stick with HASS oil. I once used Total 10W 40. It made the engine sluggish. I also tried Shell Helix 5 w 40 but it did not feel as smooth and lively as when using OE oil so i went back to HASS oil. The grade is perfect for the IVTEC engine , you won't regret it.
Thanks for the response. The Honda idemitsu synthetic oil used in my car was 10w-30. Is that the right one?
Old 12th May 2016, 08:13   #7467
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the response. The Honda idemitsu synthetic oil used in my car was 10w-30. Is that the right one?
10W30 is semi-synth and not fully-synthetic. The synthetic is 0W30!! The semi is also safe.
Old 12th May 2016, 10:32   #7468
BHPian

My 2008 V AT Civic has a weird 'Tuk' sound whenever I turn the steering at a certain point (both directions). It also occurs when the car is going over a slight undulation in the road.

The HASS(Linkway Honda, Goregaon) had earlier told me there is an issue with the dampers of the suspension due to installation of Roger-Abs(to increase ground clearance) but, a FNG mechanic test drove & inspected the car to find everything okay.

What could be the issue? Really frustrating to hear the 'Tuk' sound almost every time!

Also, what tyres would be a good bet for the car & where can I find a good deal?
Old 12th May 2016, 12:11   #7469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bhpians,

My Civic has been on the 0W30 Idemitsu fully synth oil for a couple of years now. No qualms whatsoever. I was on Mobil 1 initially but as rightly pointed out by @sgiitk, it is heavy on the pocket and the engine feels marginally smoother with the Idemitsu.
Old 12th May 2016, 16:34   #7470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash1229 View Post
My 2008 V AT Civic has a weird 'Tuk' sound whenever I turn the steering at a certain point (both directions). It also occurs when the car is going over a slight undulation in the road.

The HASS(Linkway Honda, Goregaon) had earlier told me there is an issue with the dampers of the suspension due to installation of Roger-Abs(to increase ground clearance) but, a FNG mechanic test drove & inspected the car to find everything okay.

What could be the issue? Really frustrating to hear the 'Tuk' sound almost every time!

Also, what tyres would be a good bet for the car & where can I find a good deal?
Just check if the Roger-Abs are placed properly and are not being touched by the tyres while turning. The kat-kat noise on turns is sign of axle problem but this doesn't looks to be your case. I feel something is brushing the wheel.
For tyres go to pal tyres at lamington road. They are mentioned in Mumbai directory also. You get the variety and the pricing is also the best which I've come across.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks