Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2018, 11:10   #9136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseud View Post

While I will be seeking a second opinion at Sejal motors, wanted to know if this is something that needs to be only done at HASS or can be done at third party places. Plus is the pricing correct?
I would say check out Bay6 on this one than Sejal. Sejal is ok for a routine service stuff, like oil change, regular suspension check, change etc.

Sejal - the guys are a hit or miss. If at all you go, a guy by name Hisbul should not touch your car - NEVER. And please be around the entire duration of the repair.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 11:18   #9137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I would say check out Bay6 on this one than Sejal. Sejal is ok for a routine service stuff, like oil change, regular suspension check, change etc.
Thanks. That works better for me as Bay6 is really close to my house. I have had good experiences with Sejal but that was some years back.
Old 17th July 2018, 18:09   #9138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseud View Post
1. Power Steering Pump for oil leakage
2. Steering Rack Oil leakage needs to be replaced
3. Power Steering Feed Hose needs to be replaced.
The only thing you should get replaced from HASS at max should be the hose. For the other components you can repair them at a FNG for 9-10k max. Avoid Hass for the PS related issue. Only get the hose from them if needed. Also is the PS fluid low in the reservoir?
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 13:53   #9139
DJM

Hello BHpeans,
My 2010 Civic*(1.2 lakh km) met with some unfortunate event two weeks back. Because of heavy rain, broken roads and potholes made driving difficult, something hit the bottom of the car, and the heat meter went high, so I pulled off the road and switched of the engine. It was late in the evening and raining, so called a local garage fellow, who upon checking told me the coolant got completely drained!

The car got toed to the garage, next morning radiator tank has been replaced that got broken at the bottom.

But the car didn't get back to normal, no pick up, rev stuck at 2k RPM, so finally took it the HAS.

Now after scanning the car they are saying the ECU needs to be replaced along with the Electronic Control Throttle! Sudden over-heating damaged the parts that needs replacement(with a cost estimate of 1+ lakh)

Now what should I do? Advise please.(I am based in Pune).

Thanks in advance!
Old 18th July 2018, 16:30   #9140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM View Post
Hello BHpeans,
My 2010 Civic*(1.2 lakh km) met with some unfortunate event two weeks back. Because of heavy rain.

Now after scanning the car they are saying the ECU needs to be replaced along with the Electronic Control Throttle! Sudden over-heating damaged the parts that needs replacement(with a cost estimate of 1+ lakh)

Now what should I do? Advise please.(I am based in Pune).

Thanks in advance!
Hi Mate,

Though I feel its highly unlikely of an vehicle's ECU going kaput by engine overheating and it indeed seems as one of HASS malpractices of extracting money from customers. I would suggest you to kindly take a second or may be third expert opinion. In case, if this is indeed a case of ECU failure, you can get a second hand civic ECU from Delhi for like 10-15 k (installation and programming included).

Do let me know, if you need the contact number of the person who can arrange these for you.

Hope this helps.

Disclaimer : I am not associated with the person who can arrange the second hand parts.

Regards
Kunal

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 18th July 2018 at 16:44. Reason: Added the disclaimer.
kunal_kaushal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 18:11   #9141
BHPian

Quote:
...something hit the bottom of the car...
Was the hit at high speeds?

I am asking because mine had taken umpteen hits, mostly at various speed-breakers, though at slow speeds, and so far I haven't taken any damage worth any money (though there are lots of scrapes, etc visible underneath).
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 04:08   #9142
BHPian

Thanks to an errant delivery guy who hit my car front right tyre, I have to replace the following on my 2009 Civic -

1. Windscreen - HASS is quoting Rs.17k for new windscreen, spares and labour. Does this sound reasonable? Also, are there different types of windscreens?

2. Right side rear-view mirror - actually only the bracket is broken - any suggestions on getting just a replacement bracket as against an entire mirron / assembly? Was planning on going to CST Road, Kurla - any suggestions to a particular shop etc would be welcome.

3. Front right mount - again HASS quoting about Rs.12k including labour and parts - this is not the engine mount but some other part, sounds pretty expensive for a rubber part.

Also, any recommendations for a good garage between Goregaon and Borivali? Been taking the car to Solitaire Borivali but their labour quotes are getting way to high now.
Old 19th July 2018, 07:41   #9143
Team-BHP Support

For the windshield replacement, do check out the Windshield Experts outlet in your city. They are very competitive in terms of rates and do a good job of replacing the windshield.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 10:39   #9144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwzd View Post
1. Windscreen - HASS is quoting Rs.17k for new windscreen, spares and labour. Does this sound reasonable? Also, are there different types of windscreens?

2. Right side rear-view mirror - actually only the bracket is broken - any suggestions on getting just a replacement bracket as against an entire mirron / assembly? Was planning on going to CST Road, Kurla - any suggestions to a particular shop etc would be welcome.
1. Windscreen - lot of aftermarket options are available at half the price. I got mine replaced 2 years ago with a Pilkington for about 7K all inclusive. It has seen torrential rains in Goa, Karwar and North Malabar. No leakages nothing.

2. I got the RHS mirror assembly in exchange for my old broken mirror (the base mount had broken) for rs.2,500

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th August 2018 at 11:53. Reason: Formatting
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 11:33   #9145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
For the windshield replacement, do check out the Windshield Experts outlet in your city. They are very competitive in terms of rates and do a good job of replacing the windshield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
1. Windscreen - lot of aftermarket options are available at half the price. I got mine replaced 2 years ago with a Pilkington for about 7K all inclusive. It has seen torrential rains in Goa, Karwar and North Malabar. No leakages nothing.
I got mine replaced at windshield experts for under 10K 3/4 years ago. But ever since that change the glare on the windshield was way higher than the OEM one which came with the car.

The current owner of the car did not like it and got it changed from HASS, he says no such issues again. I cannot comment since I have not seen it in person, but the glare from the windshield experts replacement I can confirm
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 12:07   #9146
DJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Hi Mate,

Though I feel its highly unlikely of an vehicle's ECU going kaput by engine overheating and it indeed seems as one of HASS malpractices of extracting money from customers.
=========
Regards
Kunal
Hi Kunal,
Thanks for your response! Could you share the contact of the person who can arrange the ECU?

Regards
DJM
DJM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 12:42   #9147
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Kunal,
Thanks for your response! Could you share the contact of the person who can arrange the ECU?

Regards
DJM
Hi Mate,

Please accept my humble apologies for the delay in reverting as I was occupied with some unforeseen exigencies.

Please find enclosed the contact details of the guy

Name : Montu
Mob.: +91-9868757568

Hope this helps.

Regards
Kunal
Old 20th July 2018, 23:31   #9148
Senior - BHPian

The left Power window went kaput. The motor had gone bust. A new motor would set me back by 8k.
Took it to a mechanic recommended by Ghai. He opened the motor up. Changed the coil. Plus I got my boot lock repaired. Damages - Rs 1200.
Old 21st July 2018, 14:36   #9149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The only thing you should get replaced from HASS at max should be the hose. For the other components you can repair them at a FNG for 9-10k max. Avoid Hass for the PS related issue. Only get the hose from them if needed. Also is the PS fluid low in the reservoir?
I checked the reservoir and it was really low. Surprised that HASS didnt top it during service last weekend. I went to Bay6, he said the leagage seems very small, but asked to check after 7-10 days of filling the oil.Fingers crossed.
Old 22nd July 2018, 14:39   #9150
BHPian

Since last few days I am facing issue with car stalling when coming down to slow speed. E.g. while cruising at 30-40kmph, if I try to slow down at signal or speed breaker, engine struggles with low rpm which drops close to or below 500rpm. And engine stalls.

Earlier this used to happen but not so frequently. Today happened 8-10 times in mere 10km driving stretch. Any pointers what can be issue?

P.s. there is no engine check light or ecu error code

Last edited by techcoze : 22nd July 2018 at 14:42.
techcoze is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks