Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2019, 18:37   #9256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
These are pictures of my old headlamps that I had replaced on my civic.
Fixed beams I guess. The only leveling is for the headlight beam angle.
Thanks for the pics. You tube shows there are adjusting screws in the US model but I didnt see anything similar in my car. I just need to adjust the beam level of the driver side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Hi Mate,

There is a headlamp beam leveling motor, if you look closely you will find the slot on it to adjust the level of the beam.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply.
Let me go back and check again. Do I need to take out the entire unit for this. I really dont want to do that since that would require taking off bumper as well.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 12:00   #9257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Thanks for the reply.
Let me go back and check again. Do I need to take out the entire unit for this. I really dont want to do that since that would require taking off bumper as well.
Hi Mate,

No, you don't have to take out the headlamp assembly for adjusting the beam pattern, I am including few pics of the headlamp beam leveling motor that is lying with me for your ready reference.

Please refer to the red arrows, the upper one is for the location of adjusting screw slot and lower one if you wish to use a spanner.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-headlamp-leveling-motor.jpg

Regards
Kunal

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd March 2019 at 01:05. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 21:43   #9258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Hi Mate,

No, you don't have to take out the headlamp assembly for adjusting the beam pattern, I am including few pics of the headlamp beam leveling motor that is lying with me for your ready reference.

Please refer to the red arrows, the upper one is for the location of adjusting screw slot and lower one if you wish to use a spanner.

Regards
Kunal
This is very helpful. Thanks a ton.

I had thought this to be the one as well before requesting help here but it didn't help with a screw driver and my 6mm spanner was big for it. Let me get hold a 4-5mm one and give it a go again. Thanks so much for your help again.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 12:13   #9259

Hi All, In response to coolkurt usage of Idemitsu, just wanted an opinion from others who may have used it in Civic. The prices are less than half of a comparable Mobil, so definitely looks attractive. I drive mostly city conditions with the occasional long distance run from Chennai to Bangalore. I would assume 0W-30/40 is the right grade?

Also in the market for front end strut change. Any suggestions or stick with OEM from HASS? Normally I like to source parts and use a FNG. Thanks!

Well, now you can order idemitsu oil on Amazon.

IDEMITSU SN A5/B5 C2 5W-30 Fully Synthetic Petrol & Diesel Engine Oil (3.5 L) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07HK6KYRV/..._Yi9tCbCB7SG8T
Old 25th February 2019, 11:06   #9260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshots View Post
Hi All, In response to coolkurt usage of Idemitsu, just wanted an opinion from others who may have used it in Civic. The prices are less than half of a comparable Mobil, so definitely looks attractive. I drive mostly city conditions with the occasional long distance run from Chennai to Bangalore. I would assume 0W-30/40 is the right grade?
Idemitsu is a fine oil, very reasonable priced. Grade used by A.S.S is 0W20. You can go in for 5W30 also.
Best to use an FNG for all kinds of work after your car is out of warranty.

Rgds
Vineet

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd March 2019 at 01:06. Reason: Quote size edited.
VineetG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 19:09   #9261

Thanks Vineet. Will give it a try. While I am at it, I am also thinking of flushing out the trans oil. Anything in Idemitsu that would be compatible? Thanks

Regards
Old 2nd March 2019, 00:00   #9262
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I am a proud owner of 2006 Civic S AT 1.8L which is serving me great for years. The machine is beast and I have lots of good memories with it.

Recently, I am facing some weird problem- the car feels sluggish sometimes and changes the gears at high RPMs(2.5 to 3.5 range)- prior it used to be at normal RPMs. I also feel a little rough while stepping on the gas. Also, car stalled after 450 KMs run on stop light and started fine after 5 minutes. The AC was cooling fine. The car cranked okay but did not start immediately. Also, the temp guage shown no sign of overheating.

I doubt- this might be due to bad fuel in the tank(impurities gathered since long time, etc). Also, adulteration of fuel is common at shady fuel pumps. When I added an additive(fuel cleaner) to fuel tank, the car ran like butter but this problem came in after refueling at highway.

I am worried as the car may suddenly stall at highways and result in bad accident. This problem is intermittent and the OBD ELM327 scanner I own shows no sign of errors.

Is it due to failing fuel pump as per FNG mechanic? I see that fuel pump of Honda's rarely fails. Also, I have ordered new set of additives to try again. The trusted FNG mechanic told me that spark plug, throttle body, etc looks good to him. Also, battery is fine. I do see some green powder accumulation around positive terminal. The car has 88K on the odometer.

Any suggestions for me are welcome. Thank you and I wish everyone a good day.
Old 2nd March 2019, 12:35   #9263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan_hurkat View Post

1) the car feels sluggish sometimes and changes the gears at high RPMs(2.5 to 3.5 range)- prior it used to be at normal RPMs.

2) car stalled after 450 KMs run on stop light and started fine after 5 minutes.
1) I once had a similar but different problem. The AT light was blinking and refused to shift above 3rd gear. I had to drive 140 kms to the service-station slowly. The problem was solved in a few hours, was told that it was some sensor which was just cleaned. The refusal to shift above 3rd was to protect the car by only allowing it to drive slowly. This happened is 2015, and never occurred again.

2) Mine has never stalled so far. Car is going to be 12 years old in 2 more months, and it is is still silky smooth! Odo is at 1,68,000+.

Running is low though, in this 12th year it has run only about 2,800 kms so far.
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 21:16   #9264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,
I doubt- this might be due to bad fuel in the tank(impurities gathered since long time, etc). Also, adulteration of fuel is common at shady fuel pumps. When I added an additive(fuel cleaner) to fuel tank, the car ran like butter but this problem came in after refueling at highway.
When was the fuel filter changed? Kindly check this part and see if it needs a change. My cars filter was clogged and the car would at time hesitate when I would put my foot down while accelerating.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 02:17   #9265
BHPian

Thanks for the reply. My problem arises only in Summers when outside temperature is around 32 to 34 degrees. And that is also intermittent.

The FNG guy today told me to replace fuel motor costing approx 3K.

I am still researching forums and YouTube to see what could be cause of this issue.
Old 6th March 2019, 02:19   #9266
BHPian

The fuel filter was changed 2.5 years ago. I did asked to change it in the last service but they didn't. Also, what is the cost of fuel filter for Civic? Any good website from where I can buy? I do not trust Boodmo right now. I also suspect that fuel filter is clogged. Thanks!
Old 6th March 2019, 22:05   #9267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The fuel filter was changed 2.5 years ago. I did asked to change it in the last service but they didn't. Also, what is the cost of fuel filter for Civic? Any good website from where I can buy? I do not trust Boodmo right now. I also suspect that fuel filter is clogged. Thanks!
Best is from Honda. Will be around 4.5k. But do check first if it's clogged since it's an expensive item.
Old 6th March 2019, 23:35   #9268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, as sumeethaldankar suggested, fo check if it is clogged.

I don't own a Civic, I own SX4, which has 1.6 lit VVT engine. I changed the stock fuel filter at around 90,000 km. The fuel filter is Suzuki make (made in Japan) and it is sealed by welding; it cannot be opened to access the filter element.

So, after replacing the fuel filter, I took a hand grinder and cut open the stock fuel filter. There was hardly any dirt on the element inside even after 90,000 km running.

I had no symptoms but I changed it as a precaution since the stock fuel filter had been used for 7 years / 90,000 km.

So, do check.

PS: Have you noticed any increase in the fuel consumption?

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 6th March 2019 at 23:38.
Old 7th March 2019, 09:42   #9269
BHPian

Quote:
Fuel filter at HASS will cost 4.5K +. They actually replace the whole fuel filter housing that is made of plastic.

However, you can order just the strainer from aliexpress (search for "Honda Civic Fuel Filter". You will see just the strainer element (shaped like a triangle).

The strainer can be replaced at a decent FNG using this procedure

Though a bit cumbersome, it saves quite a bit of money. And that too if you are not sure if the fuel filter is the problem. You may end up replacing it at HASS even though it may not be the cause of your problem.

Rgds

Vineet
Old 7th March 2019, 16:22   #9270
BHPian

Finally, my pre worshipped Civic completed 1 Lakh KM's
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20190306_231017min.jpg

This is how she looks after almost 13 years!
Attachment 1856721

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_20181021_122200min.jpg
Kashish is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks