Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2015, 02:12   #2476
BHPian

Re: How to remove the Meter Console of Maruti Swift Dzire ?

How old is your Maruti Swift Dzire ? Doing custom DIY work can void warranty, if changing console lights is on your mind you would need to just remove the speedometer console however I believe swift has lights on PCB (printed circuit board) - I am not 100% sure on this - anyone seen an open swift dash ?
Old 22nd January 2015, 19:33   #2477
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Dzire in question is 2013 Model,
No its not about lights, its about connecting and installing a GPS Tracker.
Old 22nd January 2015, 19:47   #2478
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Dzire in question is 2013 Model,
No its not about lights, its about connecting and installing a GPS Tracker.
Which means your car is under warranty. Do check if it does void the same.

Why do you need the speedometer console to be removed?
Old 23rd January 2015, 04:18   #2479
BHPian

You don't need to remove the dashboard to fix GPS Tracking system, predatorwheelz has recently installed Autocop Track Pro2000 in his new i20, this can be mounted directly in the dashboard - PM him to get more information
Old 26th January 2015, 00:20   #2480
BHPian

^ I don't want to remove the whole dashboard, was able to get some help from a mechanic and he might do it with me on Tuesday evening.

Only meter console area will be opened and rest I'll manage.

anyway can someone list a few features of Immobilizer which comes installed in swift Dzire, I am a complete newbie in that.
Old 27th January 2015, 09:40   #2481
Senior - BHPian

Another Mix & Match Music Edition from Maruti !!

Swift Windsong Edition

"..
targeted at music lovers, the Swift Windsong edition is available only in the mid-level VXi and VDi trims and comes in pearl white paint shade only."

Way to Go Maruti, I don't think any other automaker in India puts in so much & such consistent efforts like you guys.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 13:20   #2482
BHPian

new swift windsong edition launched
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-marutiswiftwindsongedition.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-marutiswiftwindsongeditionfloormat1024x487.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-marutiswiftwindsongeditioninterior1024x487.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-marutiswiftwindsongeditionmusicsystem1024x487.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-marutiswiftwindsongeditionseatcovers1024x487.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-marutiswiftwindsongeditionside1024x487.jpg  

abkett is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 12:34   #2483
BHPian

Swift to get diesel AMT during festive season :

Swift diesel is supposedly getting an AMT version . It may make it the most affodable diesel automatic car during launch period .Launch expected during october / November 2015 .

Italian supplier of AMT Magneti Marelli is setting up their own factory in India to meet excessive demand from Maruti .
abkett is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 15:59   #2484
Senior - BHPian

I test drove the updated Swift petrol, below are my findings :

1) Very sorted out suspension. Not at all crashy like my Grand i10.

2) Good bottom end, car pulls cleanly from 40 kmph on 4th. Midrange seems to be flat and after 5000 rpm engine feels livelier.

3) Quality on the whole seems to have improved. I hope this is more than skin deep. Japs have built reputation on durability and this should be not compromised at any cost IMO.

4) Again, Amar Motors, Vadodara is just not allowing me to get insurance of my choice. I think I can save Rs. 5-7K on Swift ZXi by just having insurance of my choice.

Called Maruti Toll Free number to confirm if I can get Insurance from outside. They confirm yes. I am hell bent on selling my Grand i10 and getting Swift petrol as my running is very less, hardly 700 kms a month.

EDIT : During my talk with the "Customer Care Executive", the conversation was a bit tricky than what I expected. She was eager to know if I had booked the car. I replied that booking can only be done after I can arrive at actual cost and also if dealer is open to eliminate Rs. 6400/- handling charge+accept outside insurance.
Eventually I had to bluntly question what to do in case dealer is not ready to accept outside insurance, and I got Maruti Regional Office Phone No. (Maruti's Gujarat Office = 079-40036660). As of today, if handling charges, extended warranty are eliminated, then along with Discount and outside insurance, Rs. 38-40K could be shaved off the On Road price of Swift hatch.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd February 2015 at 09:57. Reason: As per your PM :)
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 16:19   #2485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abkett View Post
new swift windsong edition launched
This must be MUL's response to Tata motors advertising the Harmon system in the Zest and Bolt.
I really appreciate MUL'S aggressive marketing effort despite their strong position in the market and leaving nothing for chance.
Old 23rd February 2015, 11:47   #2486
Senior - BHPian

You don't see a Swift doing this everyday so thought its nice to share it here!

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/i-coul...80353/+Kyosuke
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2015, 20:22   #2487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

1) Very sorted out suspension. Not at all crashy like my Grand i10.

2) Good bottom end, car pulls cleanly from 40 kmph on 4th. Midrange seems to be flat and after 5000 rpm engine feels livelier.

3) Quality on the whole seems to have improved. I hope this is more than skin deep. Japs have built reputation on durability and this should be not compromised at any cost IMO.

4) Again, Amar Motors, Vadodara is just not allowing me to get insurance of my choice. I think I can save Rs. 5-7K on Swift ZXi by just having insurance of my choice.

Called Maruti Toll Free number to confirm if I can get Insurance from outside. They confirm yes. I am hell bent on selling my Grand i10 and getting Swift petrol as my running is very less, hardly 700 kms a month.

EDIT : During my talk with the "Customer Care Executive", the conversation was a bit tricky than what I expected. She was eager to know if I had booked the car. I replied that booking can only be done after I can arrive at actual cost and also if dealer is open to eliminate Rs. 6400/- handling charge+accept outside insurance.
Eventually I had to bluntly question what to do in case dealer is not ready to accept outside insurance, and I got Maruti Regional Office Phone No. (Maruti's Gujarat Office = 079-40036660). As of today, if handling charges, extended warranty are eliminated, then along with Discount and outside insurance, Rs. 38-40K could be shaved off the On Road price of Swift hatch.
Hi aagoswami,

If I remember right you recently test-drove Etios/Liva too. Just curious to know your feedback on how these two (Etios/Liva and Swift; both recently face-lifted) would compare, especialy on:
1> Ergonomics/driver seating and comfort
2> NVH
3> Ride
4> Handling

Would appreciate your feedback as I am evaluating the same cars as well.
Old 28th February 2015, 23:25   #2488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Hi aagoswami,

If I remember right you recently test-drove Etios/Liva too. Just curious to know your feedback on how these two (Etios/Liva and Swift; both recently face-lifted) would compare, especialy on:
1> Ergonomics/driver seating and comfort
2> NVH
3> Ride
4> Handling

Would appreciate your feedback as I am evaluating the same cars as well.
1) Ergonomics : Swift wins. Etios cousins comes very close though. But Swift is better overall.

2) NVH : Again Swift has much, much more premium roots ( platform which was developed keeping in mind EU markets, not only "developing" asian ones ) that help the car to have better NVH.

3) Ride : Swift. Swift has better composure at all speeds, though for day to driving the difference is not much.

4) Handling : I felt the Swift to be be better and more responsive, but Toyota is not bad. But Toyota steering lacks quickness of Swift.

Overall, the only reason for me to consider Liva/Etios : safety features. For having ABS in Swift petrol, one needs to buy ZXi. Liva has more safety features in lower variants also.

Where Liva/Etios score :
Front visibility.
Airy feeling in cabin.
More shoulder space
Larger Boot

If you have budget, go for Swift top end version, else get Liva/Etios lower versions which have ABS+Airbags. Eg. Swift VDi does not have Airbags, but in Liva all variants have Airbags.
Penultimate variants of Liva diesel and petrol will have ABS + Airbags, which the similar variants of Swift does not have.
For diesel, any variant of Liva has Airbags+ABS which Swift diesel does not have.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 17:30   #2489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

Last week I did an inquiry for a Maruti Swift Vxi for which the price came to 6,05,000 on road without any accessories. In month of February the price was 5,99,000. I was informed that prices were revised on 1st March.Dealer also said prices will further go up in April due to increase in service tax.

I called up Maruti Suzuki Toll free number and checked about the logistics and handling charges. The executive told me that those charges are legal and are charged by dealer and he cannot help in that matter.

Also, when i checked about the insurance with the dealer; he refused me to buy insurance from outside and told me that it is mandatory to buy insurance from him at a given price. Considering the current price plus the accessories the price is too high for Vxi model.

Last edited by Autolock123 : 17th March 2015 at 17:31.
Old 17th March 2015, 20:43   #2490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autolock123 View Post
Last week I did an inquiry for a Maruti Swift Vxi for which the price came to 6,05,000 on road without any accessories. In month of February the price was 5,99,000. I was informed that prices were revised on 1st March.Dealer also said prices will further go up in April due to increase in service tax.

I called up Maruti Suzuki Toll free number and checked about the logistics and handling charges. The executive told me that those charges are legal and are charged by dealer and he cannot help in that matter.

Also, when i checked about the insurance with the dealer; he refused me to buy insurance from outside and told me that it is mandatory to buy insurance from him at a given price. Considering the current price plus the accessories the price is too high for Vxi model.

1> Try to stretch for the ZXi model if possible. There is no price that can be put on safety, plus the ZXi as a bonus has a lot of great features.

2> The dealer cannot force you to buy insurance only from him, call Maruti and complain if needed.

3> As far as possible, never buy accessories from the dealer. You can get better quality, better choice and better price outside. Exceptions are stuff that might void the warranty if not installed from MGA, such as remote locking and reverse sensors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks