Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2009, 10:54   #766
BHPian

yeah get a bargain! go and bash them!!

tell them its because of them you got your car late. write to mangesh kodalkar telling them what has happened and get a discount. i think fiat is nice enough now to give discount.

Last edited by drashkum : 11th April 2009 at 10:56. Reason: typo corrected
Old 11th April 2009, 11:05   #767
Senior - BHPian

Saw a black Linea Emotion on the way to work today morning. I spotted it just before the Vashi creek bridge and I was with it right till the turbhe flyover where I exited towards Thane and the car went towards CBD Belapur / Pune. It had it's tail lights on but the headlights were off. Probably was being driven with the handbrake pulled up!

I just hope Fiat isn't flamed for poor quality of spares now!
Old 11th April 2009, 22:55   #768
BHPian

puzzled

sadly i havent seen any other linea outside the dealership except silver ones

Last edited by drashkum : 11th April 2009 at 22:57.
Old 11th April 2009, 23:02   #769
Senior - BHPian

I went to see the nano two days back and checked out the linea too, and i must say, disappointing is not a word extreme enough to describe it. The plastics are pathetic, the interior is nothing to write home about, i banged my head twice while getting in and out of the rear door, and my head touches the roof when i sit in the rear. I didn't bother to test drive it. Dunno what all the fuss is about!

P.S: please do not think this as another anti fiat post or anything, just my honest opinion here.
Old 11th April 2009, 23:05   #770
Senior - BHPian

Interesting. Given you've extensively driven a 3L safari - I'd like to hear the same words of praise about the Safari as well
Old 11th April 2009, 23:14   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Interesting. Given you've extensively driven a 3L safari - I'd like to hear the same words of praise about the Safari as well
Is that comment in reply to my post? if so, i'd like to know from where did the safari came into the picture. I don't own one. Nor am I a Tata fan(boy)
Old 11th April 2009, 23:28   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I went to see the nano two days back and checked out the linea too, and i must say, disappointing is not a word extreme enough to describe it. The plastics are pathetic, the interior is nothing to write home about, i banged my head twice while getting in and out of the rear door, and my head touches the roof when i sit in the rear. I didn't bother to test drive it. Dunno what all the fuss is about!

P.S: please do not think this as another anti fiat post or anything, just my honest opinion here.
IMO, I suggest you take a TD, your opinion will change, especially in the ride quality and steering response department.

As for interiors, its better than anyone I have seen in its class, although few things could be better in the Linea interiors.

There is no fuss about it, its just a great car that has received overwhelming response, will have to see how it fiars out in the long run though.
Old 12th April 2009, 11:13   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Absolutely not..you have been honest, I hope you did not like Nano better than Linea . BUT Sir, since this is a Linea Test drive thread, shouldnt you be posting about your TD exp. again, please dont mistake my post, its an honest opinion.

BTW in hyderabad, I have seen 6 Linea's on road, all Flamico Red's. That's 7 in total including mine
Old 12th April 2009, 11:22   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Absolutely not..you have been honest, I hope you did not like Nano better than Linea . BUT Sir, since this is a Linea Test drive thread, shouldnt you be posting about your TD exp. again, please dont mistake my post, its an honest opinion.

BTW in hyderabad, I have seen 6 Linea's on road, all Flamico Red's. That's 7 in total including mine
Siiigh, A few thousand cars just went underground or did they get their hands on a magic pill that makes them invisible or maybe Harry Potter used his 'invisibilty cloak' on them!

Besides the red, I have seen a black and a silver in Hyderabad (maybe I am endowed with anti-magic eyesight)!

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 12th April 2009 at 11:24.
Old 13th April 2009, 07:45   #775
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 13th April 2009 at 12:16.
drashkum is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th April 2009, 12:49   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazherr View Post
Fiat Linea Diesel 1.3 Emotion +

Initial FE report

I just topped up the car and did some top up to top up maths ... and its given me 9.9Kmpl

Tomorrow i head for a long drive to panchgani with a full load, i've pumped fresh moisture less Nitrogen in the tyres at 33psi (ain't i a suckker for this tech) and i'm expecting at least 15 KMPL

Just got back from an aprox 600 Km drive to Panchgani (from Mumbai).... Turns out she returned 17+KMPL with AC.
(as per onboard comp)
She is indeed fantastic on the highway.

A more detailed FE report once i top her up to full, later maybe today.
Doing panchgani and back, and drives within mahableshwar on a tank of gas with fuel to spare is FABBBB !!

We had with us another .... NHC, with us, poor liittle thing, was breathless keeping up and needed another tank of gas mid way.

We headed up via Wai / Panchgani on the Express way, and returned via Mahad. We had a full load of 500LTS of boot space of luggage and 4 of us in the car with the AC on at all times (including ghats, well mostly).

Was really good, especially down the ghats at Poladhpur .... handles surefooted like a mountain goat. Felt safe, maybe too safe, one of the passengers was "strawberry milk shaked" with the long swooping curves at better speeds than we're used to, safely.

T'was fun, overtaking was no problem on 2 lane moderate roads too .. the third gear is magic.

I do feel that if we had done the express way both ways, were lighter on the load , and drove without as much "safe-fun", it would return 18.5 - 19Kmpl, surely as i've read others report.

Cheers

Maz
Old 13th April 2009, 13:21   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajagopal_j View Post
@Maz

Blue & Me is a microsoft technology, I am not the least bit surprised that it doesnt recognise a Mac OS formatted iPod/iPhone. Were the other iPods you tried also Mac OS formatted??

The other Ipods were Windows Formatted .. but thats no excuse, i've never seen MS treating Ipod file systems differently. Its FAT32 which is standard. Ipod support for Mac is not negotiable or optional.
(hello, Mac made Ipods, didn't they)

Pen drives work fine formatted / used on macs or PC's ?

Quote:
@Maz

the iPod is connected through a USB port, and is recognised as a Mass Storage Device. Meaning, its no different than connecting a USB pen drive.

Only wma/mp3 music will be recognised by the blaupunkt HU. It will not recognise AAC or mp4. iPods dont support WMA. hence if you want to use an iPod then all your music has to be mp3. If you have any music downloaded from iTunes store, they will not be recognised as they are .aac and these files are DRM protected and hence legally cannot be converted to mp3.

Thats not true. USB's work fine. Ipods mac managed do not work. even though all tracks are DRM free MP3.

Quote:
@Maz

As for Blue & Me, if someone has bought an E+ variant just because of blue & me expecting some kind of magic to happen then that person is in for a rude shock. Blue & Me is nothing more than a simple bluetooth car kit like Parrot or the clarion/alpine kits.
In my opinion, the reason a person should coose E+ should be more important things like ABS, Air Bags, steering wheel mounted audio controls etc rather than something like Blue & Me.

On Updates ! I didnt understand this??

Sorry, but thats no excuse for blue & me not to take voice commands, or be serviced / explained / updated. Of course the purchase of a 9.3 lakh car was not specifically for the blue & me, but did it play a part in the decision making process along with ABS , Design, etc ? ... of course it did, and it should work like it has been advertised.

On Updates, The car has an on board MS blue & me computer, and as with all operating systems firmware updates are necessary : introduction of new mobile phone models / standards, the software needs to be updated. This needs to be done via bluetooth and GPRS, apparently the server support is not available for India. The alternative is USB updates, although the tech exisits, the update files are no where on fiat or MS sites.

attempting to update Via GPRS, it does not connect, and when i asked Tata, all i got was puzzled question mark expressions.
OOOFFF !! they make me angry !

Im going to try and do it on my own via a Nokia S60 phone and check if that works, maybe this week.

have fun with your new car !!
i certainly am

Good luck R, Drive safe :-)
Old 13th April 2009, 17:51   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We headed up via Wai / Panchgani on the Express way, and returned via Mahad. We had a full load of 500LTS of boot space of luggage and 4 of us in the car with the AC on at all times (including ghats, well mostly).
Can you tell us how the car behaved on uphill sections of the ghats? Did it climb up well or huffed and puffed up? Your's should be the final word on the 'underpowered' engine as you had a full compliment of passengers, full load in the boot and AC on all the time.
Old 13th April 2009, 23:25   #779
BANNED

Quote:
Sorry, but thats no excuse for blue & me not to take voice commands, or be serviced / explained / updated.
Am facing the same problem. Blue & Me refuses to recognise voice commands. Guess, its either accent or the phone model which is the culprit. Have sent a mail to fiat. lets see.

On your ipod issue, got to know from manual that linea's blue & me system accepts only .mp3, .wma & .wav files only. it does not recognise .aac or any other file format encoded by DRM. check it out
Old 14th April 2009, 00:33   #780
BANNED

It's all BLue?

Blue and me.
Man! This is/was one of the greatest and most talked about distinguished feature in the Linea. Ain't it?
Now, it seems like many aren't able to get it working. Some were even ready to change the phone for this feature to work. Sad!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks