Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:47   #1336
Senior - BHPian

Karl don't tell me you actually called/sent mail to contact of gullwing ad! Bharat car is doggy few years a ago someone posted this gullwing pics and said it was for sale for 6 lacs and needed ground up work. On closer inspection of the pictiure it turned out to be a 1/24 scale burago die caste model painted in flat blue color with other paint marks

Last edited by canonball : 2nd June 2009 at 14:50.
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:03   #1337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Wow! Looks like a 69 Pontiac GTO! Amazing find dude. Just for knowledge, how much is the seller asking for it?

Edit: Hey sorry, just checked Bharat Automobiles. The car is described as a 68, and the seller is asking 5 lacs for it.

One query though. As far as I know, the 400 cu in engine was made available sometime in 69. How does a 68 car have the same engine option? Any answers, experts?
Boss the 400 was available from 67. The car in question looks like it is a 68 not a 69
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:11   #1338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Karl don't tell me you actually called/sent mail to contact of gullwing ad! Bharat car is doggy few years a ago someone posted this gullwing pics and said it was for sale for 6 lacs and needed ground up work. On closer inspection of the pictiure it turned out to be a 1/24 scale burago die caste model painted in flat blue color with other paint marks
Of course I didn't. A couple of friends fell for it, one guy was booking flight tickets to get there. Gogiji and me discussed it extensively earlier on the forum, search for it.
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:13   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Indonesia eh? So did he also tell you he has a junk Gullwing for sale? If so, he would ask you to deposit some amount via international fund transfer and then dissappear. Would've sent you pics of a scale model too
I did

Karl / Gogi updated me on the scam back then

But when the advertisement is so damn tempting, there's no harm in giving it a shot.. (the name of the lady selling the gullwing back then) You never know - there is a 00.01% chance that it might be genuine..
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:29   #1340
Senior - BHPian

Sixty-Niner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Boss the 400 was available from 67. The car in question looks like it is a 68 not a 69
Wasif,

3 reasons why I thought it was a 69:

1) I was under the impression that the 400 cu in was available from 69. Was not sure, maybe I'm wrong.

2) GTO had a rear quarter glass till 68, and was done away with in the 69 model. If you notice, the car in question has no rear quarter glass.

3) Note the GTO emblem just after the front fender. The design was changed in 1970.

So, ignoring the engine point, the car in the pic could only have been a 69.Anyway, lets save this debate for another time/place. The ad has already turned out to be a dud.
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:47   #1341
Senior - BHPian

@Karl..I called the Owner of the Isuzu Gemini.The car has done 2,18,000 kms.He says ot run upto 5,00,000 kms.
Also this car has a hand clutch (as the owner is handicapped).I dont know what are the implications of this?
He agreed to reduce the price..but NOC and all those have to be sorted out.
Im planning to pursue this.
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:53   #1342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wasif,

3 reasons why I thought it was a 69:

1) I was under the impression that the 400 cu in was available from 69. Was not sure, maybe I'm wrong.

2) GTO had a rear quarter glass till 68, and was done away with in the 69 model. If you notice, the car in question has no rear quarter glass.

3) Note the GTO emblem just after the front fender. The design was changed in 1970.

So, ignoring the engine point, the car in the pic could only have been a 69.Anyway, lets save this debate for another time/place. The ad has already turned out to be a dud.
What happened with the Mustangcollectr / Bhopal thing. Any comments on the pics.

BTW does anyone want to buy my Ferarri 250 GTO. only one in India perfect, good price, pics on request !!!!

How can you guys get worked up on such scams ?
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:02   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What happened with the Mustangcollectr / Bhopal thing. Any comments on the pics.

BTW does anyone want to buy my Ferarri 250 GTO. only one in India perfect, good price, pics on request !!!!

How can you guys get worked up on such scams ?
Heyyy! Weren't you also one of the "buddies" to whom the exclusive pics were sent?

My impression of the engine pics was that they were too small to make out anything clearly. Only the bright blue "Boss" lettering was visible. The car also looked to be the same he had originally posted. Anyway, no point flogging a dead horse.

As for your Ferrari 250 GTO, Are you agreeable to exchange it with my Bugatti Atlantic coupe?

Last edited by predatorwheelz : 2nd June 2009 at 18:05. Reason: correct punctuation
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:15   #1344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Indonesia eh? So did he also tell you he has a junk Gullwing for sale? If so, he would ask you to deposit some amount via international fund transfer and then dissappear. Would've sent you pics of a scale model too
Oh Gawd!! I know remember one.

Quote:
As for your Ferrari 250 GTO, Are you agreeable to exchange it with my Bugatti Atlantic coupe?
get a life you guys!! By the way, there was another someone whom i met who was telling me about a certain 300SL Gullwing for sale in Mumbai

I almost fellof the chair but decided to act as if i didint know what a Gullwing was. The topic ended there. Actually i have no more patience with such story tellers. I might hit the next guy who tells me there is a Gullwing for sale which only "he" knows about.
Old 2nd June 2009, 19:35   #1345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Throw in your SLR and its a deal !!!!
Old 3rd June 2009, 22:11   #1346
Senior - BHPian

Did you notice that 'Life time tax paid' In West Bengal? My understanding goes that in WB they still do not have life time tax, just like Tamil Nadu.
BTW, I had done a little checking on the Bhopal Boss. Well, there seems to be a 1971 Mustang, but a regular car, the 'kid (was) wai' too brash and boastful. There you have his family name in the previous sentence.
Old 4th June 2009, 09:46   #1347
BHPian

Did anyone notice that this car is 4 wheel drive?
Very, Very rare car I must say.........

Aditya
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-gto.jpg  

Old 4th June 2009, 10:45   #1348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any info on the two tone Merc in the background, is it for sale. Any idea what model and with hat kind of an engine Look like a latee 1920's car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
The Merc in the background was from the same lot, but now believed sold. It is a 1930's 290 7-seater. The wire wheels are definitely not original. This car was being offered as a 1928 a few years ago, but it should be late 1930's.
I saw the same Merc in Pune last weekend. Regn UP 35 L 0001 I think. The wire wheels only take away from it.
Old 4th June 2009, 11:05   #1349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I saw the same Merc in Pune last weekend. Regn UP 35 L 0001 I think.

You didn't take any pics of it ???????

BTW V16 when I was in Hyd thre was always this story going around about a Derby Bentley which was said to have been in a garage whose door had been bricked up.

It was said the owner wanted Rs.100,000 for it in the 90's but the catch was the buyer was to dismantle the car and take it out of a small door part by part.

Never actually saw it but hear of this from many people. Also about a SS100 Jag in Poona which had Amby wheels.

Wasif
Old 4th June 2009, 11:11   #1350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You didn't take any pics of it?
The car was parked in a residential complex of a restorer/dealer, pictures without permission would be frowned upon. Shall ask him next time I see him. Besides, I was enjoying my drive in the Beetle too much to stop

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks