Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2008, 00:26   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Hehe. No need for me to feel guilty as they were offered the car as well but chose not to buy it.
Aah...and I can guess why, but lets not digress into that, its their business!

Anyways, here are the pics. of my pennant as of now. I fitted all the badges, although forgot to take pics. of the front with the badge on.

Standard cars in India-img_1597.jpg

Note the not-so-good finish on the blue paint, quite a contrast to the white! 'turns out they'd been scraping off the overspray off the side-trims after the whole painting was done and the flakes fell all over the blue, and arent going off even by rubbing! Which means a repeat coat off the blue after sanding down the current paint! After all the pains taken, this!

Standard cars in India-img_1600.jpg

Standard cars in India-img_1601.jpg

Since the car anyways stayed back there due to the engine head problem, they said they'll do it this weekend. This time I'll see that its done more carefully, and in my presence!
Attached Thumbnails
Standard cars in India-img_1602.jpg  

Old 9th October 2008, 09:22   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Congratulations Karl - a lovely acquisition, looks reeal cute !! One small question.. In the super ten, what is the correct finish for the bumper and grille - shiny chrome, or aluminium ? (forgive my complete ignorance, I'm a bit challenged when it comes to info on standards ).
Hehe, the bumpers and grille should indeed be chrome. The front bumper and grille needed rechroming, but the job done failed in a few months itself, so he just painted it silver, giving that aluminium look. Needless to say I will eventually rechrome.
Old 9th October 2008, 11:24   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hehe, the bumpers and grille should indeed be chrome. The front bumper and grille needed rechroming, but the job done failed in a few months itself, so he just painted it silver, giving that aluminium look. Needless to say I will eventually rechrome.
congrats karl, you are tilting in favour of the standard wallahs arent you, and a belated happy birthday, i spoke to you but i dint know. One more for our indian transportation museum then.
Old 10th October 2008, 11:06   #559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
congrats karl, you are tilting in favour of the standard wallahs arent you, and a belated happy birthday, i spoke to you but i dint know. One more for our indian transportation museum then.
It was my first car no? I learnt driving on it as well! These two will complement each other perfectly once restored. Now I need a Companion
Old 10th October 2008, 19:36   #560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It was my first car no? I learnt driving on it as well! These two will complement each other perfectly once restored. Now I need a Companion
And more importantly a Herald
Old 13th October 2008, 01:14   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Today is a momentous day for me. Besides being dassera, it is also marks the 50th birthday of this Standard Super 10, which I took delivery of today. I purchased the car directly from the first owner, who also shared his birthday with me yesterday.
So, finally a non-Parsee-owned car in your stable!
Old 13th October 2008, 14:55   #562
BHPian

Nice car Karl, with excellent bodyline.
Lucky to get from the first owner.Or is it hard work?
Hope you get a Herald and a Companion from first owners too.
The more I look at your Super 10 and Stanher's Pennant the more I like them.
Cute cars.Black colour gives a majestic,silent yet powerful image to the car.
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:28   #563
Distinguished - BHPian

Harit shares a superb photo of a brand new Vanguard with us. Note the reflection of the huge STANDARD TEN sign board.

Quote:
Just to make your day and that of a few others, I am sending the picture of the Vanguard. Look closely at the reflection. She is probably in a showroom and the picture is very neat. See, at one time you could buy new Vanguards from a showroom!

Harit
Standard cars in India-0.jpg

Also note presence of wide white walls on a brand new car - again, unique to the Indian market, not offered in the UK. My Standard 10 too was delivered new with white walls.
Old 23rd October 2008, 17:50   #564
BHPian

Dear Stanher,
Has the Penant been completed? Upload some pictures of the completed car please
Old 23rd October 2008, 20:33   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
Dear Stanher,
Has the Penant been completed? Upload some pictures of the completed car please
Sorry all for the 'radio silence', 'been having trouble with my net at home on and off!! It get "fixed" by the concerned guy and comes on for a few minutes....only to go off again!! And then when I complain they say they'll fix it in 1/2 an hour and it goes on for like 1/2 a week!!

I should perhaps switch to another ISP!

Anyways, pennant's more or less done- the engine head needed to be fixed, got that done. A final rub n polish job to be done (they've redone the blue part as it was all screwed up the last time!) and am planning to get her home atleast by saturday!

'will upload pics. as and when my net at home is fixed (typing from a net cafe so cant do that from here)
Old 29th October 2008, 10:45   #566
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally now that my net is fixed and I found some time I'm back with updates on the car. The engine head has been fixed and fitted back in place. Oil change, points etc. all done. The car was started up a few days ago but the radiator hoses still need to be fitted. They were tough to fit then so will have to make another attempt or buy another set.

Incidentally I noticed 2 of the 4 support bars behind the rear seat had corroded at the bottom so had them welded back in place as they originally wouldve been. There was also a rust spot in the floor under the rear seat that was missed out by them! 'had it closed up as well. I wanted to give an anti-rust coat to them from the inside as well but have run out of Wurth for now!

Standard cars in India-img_1664.jpg

Standard cars in India-img_1665.jpg

Standard cars in India-img_1670.jpg

Standard cars in India-img_1673.jpg

They did a rub and polish job again yesterday, mainly for the redone blue paint. 'planning to get the car home today. This time I hope everything goes well and she's home for good!

Standard cars in India-img_1693.jpg

Standard cars in India-img_1696.jpg
Old 29th October 2008, 11:22   #567

Ahh!! Wonderfull!! This is just Heartbreak....I soo wish i had one(or a couple) of these.
Old 29th October 2008, 13:56   #568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Ahh!! Wonderfull!! This is just Heartbreak....I soo wish i had one(or a couple) of these.
Indeed. How I wish I had a couple more too
Old 30th October 2008, 00:01   #569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Indeed. How I wish I had a couple more too
Indeed. How I wish I knew you guys 10 years ago when these cars were going for peanuts!

Anyways, some good news- car is finally home today!!

But still had to face yet another amount of trials and tribulations to get her home- she seemed reluctant to leave the workshop! Grrrrr!

But thankfully she arrived home safe and sound! 'needs some minor work on the brakes as the car being still all these days the brakes have gone a little "soft" and its giving the "double-pedal" effect as my mech. tells me!

'also need to paint the number on, front and rear.

Pics. and more details tomorrow. 'feeling a tad sleepy now!

Last edited by Stanher : 30th October 2008 at 00:02.
Old 30th October 2008, 00:51   #570
Senior - BHPian

Dying to see the "final" pics shyam saar- quick, quick !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks