Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2011, 14:01   #2911
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I also got the same input from Volkswagen Downtown that these upgrades are only for the Diesel Highline. But the car has not come here, nor is there any information on the price structure revision.
This seems a bit strange... why have they left out the petrol HL ? Theoretically both HL models should be on par in terms of features. And this means no formal "launching" of the facelifted version ?
Old 14th September 2011, 14:04   #2912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
This seems a bit strange... why have they left out the petrol HL ? Theoretically both HL models should be on par in terms of features. And this means no formal "launching" of the facelifted version ?
As mentioned by Gaurav before the reason why Petrol is left out is that lots of petrol cars are unsold yet whereas for Diesel its in waiting list. No idea on the formal launching as some of our members have reported dealer allocating the facelifted one to them.
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 14:19   #2913
Senior - BHPian

If you had booked it prior to July 1, then what is the new price applicable to you now? Logically it should be the ex-showroom price when you booked+34k increment for the new features now. You should still not be paying the 25k increment that was made after July 1 as you had price protection from VW.

And how does changing the colour will help you? Do you even have any old one's left with dealer in any other colour?

I suggest you negotiate and clarify this with your dealer and only pay the additional 34k for the increment of features and pick up the new one.

I dont think so, you have any other option apart from this. Do post some photographs of the updated vento if you happen to see one in the showroom for us to see the changes. Good luck!

P.S - I so badly want that steering wheel chrome insert and leather wrapping, .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Now need your inputs - I did book the car before the deadline for the new price (VW had kept 31st july for the price increase).
Now at that time, VW didn't mention anything on why the price increase was being made - costs/features etc.

One solution the dealer might suggest is for me to go for another color - which I'm not really game as of now (having waited 3+ months for the blue, when black was available in 1 month)
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 14:32   #2914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
The surveillance system was unique to this car and no other car had it. When you lock your through the key fob the surveillance system gets activated and the red led blinks on the driver side door.
The surveillance system scans for any activity within the car and starts sounding the horn if any motion is detected within the car.
If by mistake someone forgets his child in the car and locks it, the surveillance system detects the motion of the child and sounds the horn. That's one use for forgetful parents.
In my Vento the surveillance system has never fallen out of place and friends of mine always ask for it when they see it for the first time.
If VW has removed the surveillance system than what would be there instead of it, any idea. Or is it that, the car just has the central locking for security which is not good.
Interestingly the sales guy gave me the same example as well as that if your windows are down and someone puts their hands/ heads inside, the alarm would be triggered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Out of all the features mentioned, the ones what I think that are desired are the Parking sensors, steering mounted audio controls and the phone button. However, as you say the HU does not have a Bluetooth, it is of no use at all! Are you sure about the bluetooth being absent?

A Caska will give you both the parking sensors and the bluetooth capability, much better than the OEM ones however at a slightly higher cost minus the steering controls. You get Navigation as an add on.

If I were you, I would take the older version and then make the necessary Caska upgrade but thats just me
Exactly the way i am thinking. I have decided to go for the older highline. Can add a touch screen audio cum navigation system (with bluetooth) at a similar price.
Yes, bluetooth is absent. Got it confirmed today once again by calling up the Sales Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
IMO , the interior survelliance system is a great value add because it has the capability of scanning movement inside the car and gives a warning, its a very useful feature .

The primitive HU in the older version can be easily fixed by upgrading it - if you choose to upgrade after market you have a choice of brands rather than be stuck with the one thats being offered by VW . Personally I rate Pioneer higher than Blaupunkt (the stock thats being offered with Vento)

Leather wrapped steering and the chrome inserts are awesome - I can vouch for the chrome insert as I have the same in my car and can only vouch for my wishful longing for the leather steering wrap since my car was stripped of it . They are classy.

After market parking sensors can be fitted at 3-4K expense

So in the balance if you feel that steering controls are important and so are the leather steering wrap and chrome inserts then you should go for the upgrade - do not try to justify to yourself the 34K hike since the sum of parts would certainly not add up to 34K , it should be much lower
Yup,i totally agree that a better HU can be installed. The old price is inclusive of an accessory pack that includes reverse parking sensors (beep/audio type). So that is excellent for me- don't find the optical display on the HU as an added advantage.
The leather steering wrap is certainly well put together - the new one has one that is of a greyish color as opposed to the black one in the earlier model. Did not notice a leather wrap on the gear knob ( someone please confirm).

Quote:
People,
Need inputs. In retrospect I should have seen this coming & got it confirmed long back.

Just spoke to the SE, I am being allocated the new model. Height of VW dealer's inefficiency - they never mentioned it at all. Only when I asked him upfront did he then confirm that I'm getting the new one.

Honestly, I don't feel the new additions are worth 34k.

Now need your inputs - I did book the car before the deadline for the new price (VW had kept 31st july for the price increase).
Now at that time, VW didn't mention anything on why the price increase was being made - costs/features etc.

One solution the dealer might suggest is for me to go for another color - which I'm not really game as of now (having waited 3+ months for the blue, when black was available in 1 month)

Any suggestions/inputs? I'm heading off to the dealer's office in about 2 odd hours.
Really hard luck. In this case , you cannot demand the dealer to give you at the old cost or without the upgraded features. This is only possible if the dealer has a stock of the older model and you are willing to accept any other colour available in stock. VW has started dispatching the new upgraded Highlines and seems you have no choice but to bear with the increased price if you want the Blue shade. Even i feel that the upgrades are not worthy enough considering that a good feature is deleted. I suggest have a look and ponder on the possibility of another shade.

Fortunately for me the sales executive gave me a call as soon as the news of the new model came and showed me the new one yesterday night itself. I have decided to go for the earlier model.
Old 14th September 2011, 15:20   #2915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
And how does changing the colour will help you? Do you even have any old one's left with dealer in any other colour?
He has a few older models in other cars available I believe - he hinted that in the call I had with him sometime back.
I might take a call depending on the color & production dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I suggest you negotiate and clarify this with your dealer and only pay the additional 34k for the increment of features and pick up the new one.

I dont think so, you have any other option apart from this. Do post some photographs of the updated vento if you happen to see one in the showroom for us to see the changes. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post
Really hard luck. In this case , you cannot demand the dealer to give you at the old cost or without the upgraded features. This is only possible if the dealer has a stock of the older model and you are willing to accept any other colour available in stock. VW has started dispatching the new upgraded Highlines and seems you have no choice but to bear with the increased price if you want the Blue shade. Even i feel that the upgrades are not worthy enough considering that a good feature is deleted. I suggest have a look and ponder on the possibility of another shade.
So it seems I might have to go with the new model.

In a way, I sound like the guy who opened up the Honda Jazz thread suggesting people (like him) who narrowly missed out the 1.75lakhs discount fight back with Honda to get some kind of coupons or further discounts.

But what infuriates me is that inspite of communicating with the dealer SEs on almost a daily basis in the last 2+ weeks, they don't even take the effort to update me. Also the delay has been clearly due to the dealer playing with my booking, which if he hadn't - I would have got the earlier model.

So much for my praising the dealer's pre-sales experience!

Quote:
Fortunately for me the sales executive gave me a call as soon as the news of the new model came and showed me the new one yesterday night itself. I have decided to go for the earlier model.
Seriously, consider yourself quite lucky; to have such a proactive SE as well as to get the option of the earlier model.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 14th September 2011 at 15:23.
Old 14th September 2011, 15:37   #2916
Senior - BHPian

I would say stick to the new one, I'm not too positive if the dealer has unsold stock of the old one's, especially if the TDI variant commands a waiting period in your region. If there are unsold stock's, I'll be very wary of the reason behind it, if you know what I mean.

Quote:
He has a few older models in other cars available I believe - he hinted that in the call I had with him sometime back.

So it seems I might have to go with the new model.
All VW dealers are of the same feather. Sad but true.

Quote:

So much for my praising the dealer's pre-sales experience!
Old 14th September 2011, 15:47   #2917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
My head spins thinking about the Bangalore on the road price. Does this price include the accessories package as well? The current deal I have is 10.97L OTR in Bangalore without insurance, accessories package. Just ex showroom+road tax. Not sure how much it will increase now.
No, this does not include the accessories package. The price quoted by the Hyd dealer before the new price was 11.71L including the accessories and extended warranty package and without these it was 11.4L+/-.

Note: The additional 34k is being added to the ex-works price which means the taxes and insurance will increase as well. I just spoke to the SE and he is going to call me back in an hour with the final OTR with and without extended warranty but it will certainly be close to 12L.

My friend is already checking out SX4-D. I am so glad I went with Magnum @ 10.63L. Looks more and more VFM after this.
Old 14th September 2011, 19:09   #2918
BHPian

If it helps: Showroom Quote : Vento Diesel Highline MT
994878 Ex Showroom Price
45839 Insurance
139490 Life Tax @ 14%
14950 Incidental Charges
11199 Extended Warranty
1206356 On Road
Old 14th September 2011, 20:10   #2919
mxx
BHPian

If the system provided is rcd310, it is quite good hu. Caska is not a good as far as music goes, but you can have navigation and rear view cam etc. RCD310 is way better than caska as far as audio is concerned. If going for older models, and good audio is priority, better to go for pioneer and likes.

What is Ex-Showroom price in Bangalore now?
Old 14th September 2011, 21:27   #2920
BHPian

I was told that the white highlines (tdi) are in huge demand and hence the waiting period of eight months = I'd/I might get my car only in March 2012. Should I try emailing the customer care about this? Isn't the waiting period supposed to be two to three months elsewhere in the country? What can be done? I was okay with the waiting period earlier but now that the upgrades are here, is there any way I can get my car soon? Help guys
Old 14th September 2011, 21:48   #2921
Senior - BHPian

Booked my VW Vento TDI Highline today. Could take delivery straight off the shelf but chose to stay put till Navratras i.e. 28th of Sept.

The difference so to say is definately not worth it. The audio quality is better but that is it. The stupid phone sign on the steering with no option of actually using it is to say the least - P A T H A T I C !!! GRRRRRRRRRR

Chose a Silver for the wife - as it is a B'day gift to her...

Going for 205/55/15's straight from delivery from the showroom......the audio is the RCD310, sounded pretty good to me, listened to FM...may add amp & sub if the speakers can handle it.

Intend to keep this car for 5 years at least. Let us see how it goes

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 14th September 2011 at 21:51.
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 21:54   #2922
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Booked my VW Vento TDI Highline today.
Congrats on your great buy, would await your OT.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely. All the best.

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th September 2011 at 21:55.
Old 14th September 2011, 21:56   #2923
BHPian

Quote:
Booked my VW Vento TDI Highline today. Could take delivery straight off the shelf but chose to stay put till Navratras i.e. 28th of Sept.

The difference so to say is definately not worth it. The audio quality is better but that is it. The stupid phone sign on the steering with no option of actually using it is to say the least - P A T H A T I C !!! GRRRRRRRRRR

Chose a Silver for the wife - as it is a B'day gift to her...

Going for 205/55/15's straight from delivery from the showroom......the audio is the RCD310, sounded pretty good to me, listened to FM...may add amp & sub if the speakers can handle it.

Intend to keep this car for 5 years at least. Let us see how it goes

Cheers
If things go my way I might also book the car in a week or so. Is the new car available on Display in Gurgaon?
Old 14th September 2011, 22:09   #2924
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your booking. Could you please provide the break up of total cost? Did you bargain on a discount or a freebie? Also, did you consider buying insurance on your own?
Old 14th September 2011, 22:13   #2925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post
Quote:
First of all Ricky congrats on your new purchase.
Secondly so many of you have seen the car in person and booked and no pictures for us to share. That's bad really bad. Please take some pictures of the new HU, steering wheel, etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks