Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2012, 21:18   #5071
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Today while topping up washer fluid i noticed some oil like material on the top of engine (top right corner under the VW TDI cover). I straight away went to VW workshop, it was already 4:00pm so i knew nothing would happen today. Caught hold of one SA (the SA whom i know was busy somewhere else) and asked him to examine the leak. He called some mechanic (who was in a haste) and the mechanic said the seal of cover of the topmost compartment of engine is leaking engine oil. I wasn't satisfied with his examination so i waited for the other SA (whom i knew) to get free. I showed him the point from where i suspect the leak was originating. He had a look and confirmed that its diesel that is leaking and asked me to come tomorrow morning at 9:30am. I am attaching a photograph of the point from where i suspect the diesel is leaking. It right below the VW TDI engine cover on the injector assembly.

I am keeping my fingers crossed since i don't want them to open any major parts or engine compartment.

Has anyone else faced this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo_2.jpg  

Old 1st September 2012, 22:06   #5072
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli
Umm, spoke to someone within Castrol - Edge Professional is now the recommended oil for Vento. And like your case, even my top-up last month was done with Magnatec
VW group seems to have shifted wholesale to Castrol from Shell. My Superb's manual recommended Shell Helix Ultra 5W 40, but Autobahn added Castrol Magnatec "something" 5W 40 at the last service. Incidentally, I was told that I could continue to top up with Shell Helix Ultra 5W 40 - does anyone have views on mixing engine oils?

I am on the verge of giving up on the Vento and looking at other options for my second car purchase. Nearly a month after my test drive and despite indications that the Vento refreshed Petrol AT would be available by late August, I was told that they still have no supplies of the Petrol AT, and do not know what features would be offered either. The best guess from the SA for deliveries is late September. This seems to be a "keep the customer on hold, one month at a time" approach, and I think its not worth the wait. So unless someone here has substantially greater visibility on availability of the Petrol AT, I will move on.

Really disappointing that in a market with so many models on sale, there is no decent Petrol AT car available. Disliked the City AT (too noisy and poor brakes), presume the Verna will be even worse (+rear seat room was poor) and am unwilling to give Ford a shot. The MT City was better than the AT, so will now consider that and the Jazz.

Last edited by Hayek : 1st September 2012 at 22:10.
Old 1st September 2012, 23:23   #5073
Senior - BHPian

^^ Hayek
its unfortunate you are having to give up on the Vento AT as it is not available. Why dont you have a look at the Renault Fluence AT. It is I think available in Petrol version and should be a very good car. Just a suggestion if you like Renaults and want to stick with a European car.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 00:04   #5074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx
^^ Hayek
its unfortunate you are having to give up on the Vento AT as it is not available. Why dont you have a look at the Renault Fluence AT. It is I think available in Petrol version and should be a very good car. Just a suggestion if you like Renaults and want to stick with a European car.
Sorry for going OT
Last time when i checked with renault dealer in mumbai(andheri), they were offering 1.75 L discount on petrol AT (2011 model) without any negotiations so one can easily squeeze the dealer to offer more discount.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 15:09   #5075

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
Akula

forgot to ask you - Since you saw the car - does it have Climate Control (ACC)?
Hi Surd_biker,

Sorry for replying a bit late. Yes this one had climate control. Everything except Leatherette seat covers and steering mounted audio controls.

I have started getting doubts after your post mentioning the mail from VW regarding the alloy wheels. I have already booked. Keeping fingers crossed. :( And also after you mentioned riverside/lakeside even if there are alloy wheels in bridge model will they be the same quality as of the original highline is the question. Hope I get everything same as Highline except those 2 functions.

Regards
Sreekanth
akula.sreekanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 15:34   #5076
BHPian

I have a question. What all music formats can the stock HU play? Specifically can it play .wav files?
Old 3rd September 2012, 17:03   #5077
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
I have a question. What all music formats can the stock HU play? Specifically can it play .wav files?
Last I checked it (RCD310 model) played mp3 (obviously) and .wma files. Didn't play a few more (m4a, etc), not sure if I tested the .wav format.

Reason behind this query? Why .wav files?
Old 3rd September 2012, 17:16   #5078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos
I have tried playing my 8 year old CD that should be wav format and it Plays fine. That was the last time I bought any music cds so don't know if newer ones might behave differently.
Old 3rd September 2012, 18:45   #5079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Reason behind this query? Why .wav files?
I was making some mixes which turned out in wav format, just wanted o know if I need to convert it to mp3 before burning.
Old 3rd September 2012, 20:19   #5080
BHPian

New HID Projectors with LED available for Vento in Delhi:
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-603526_379071165494441_421401683_n.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-304810_379071188827772_1233100087_n.jpg  

Last edited by Abhinav.Daos : 3rd September 2012 at 20:30.
Abhinav.Daos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 23:23   #5081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos
Awesome!

Cost? How do you activate drls? Same as parking lights?

Where do I get auto folding/led ovrms??
Old 4th September 2012, 01:14   #5082
BHPian

Quote:
Details Details Details please!
Are those DRL s on the fog lamps as well?
Old 4th September 2012, 07:29   #5083
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It looks somewhat like a tacky version of the Polo GTI face, especially those LEDs. The clean face of the Vento looks much better IMHO.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 09:28   #5084
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ It is a Polo, not a Vento- check the foglamps.

Abhinav- is this available as an accessory at VW dealerships? Knowing their pricing, it must cost a bomb.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 10:02   #5085
BHPian

Quote:
What are those protectors on the ORVM? Is it available at accessories shops / online?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks