Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2015, 00:56   #8341
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

On Bannerghatta road, last week. It took 40 minutes to reach the NICE road junction from Meenakshi temple. And as usual this 2L road was used as 4-5L
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-bgt4.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-bg2.jpg  

Old 8th June 2015, 13:02   #8342
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

From last week:
I was heading home in the evening on the ITPL road towards Hoodi junction, the stretch from opposite Prestige Shanthiniketan till Zuri has recently been dug up to lay some pipes and filled with mud so about 5-6 feet is not really usable.
I saw a cyclist on a btwin cycle just beside the mud patch, going pretty fast on the downward incline and right handed curve, so increased my cautiousness and reduced speed though I was on right lane and there was sparse traffic.
A little ahead, there was a bus parked near Zuri and the cyclist suddenly veered onto the mud patch with his speed increasing
I sensed some danger, did not want him to crash into the bus and fall in front of my car, so almost came to standstill, luckily no traffic behind me.
Now, the cyclist almost rammed into the bus and was in a zig zag trajectory, he may have even ended up under the bus but he managed to stop himself and his cycle with just a light thud, he didn't even fall! Quite sure he was struggling with the gears and managed to brake fully at the instant of impact
Best part - he wasn't wearing a cycling helmet, pure luck saved him. I heaved a sigh of relief and moved on.
Old 8th June 2015, 14:27   #8343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Roads have become really pathetic in most parts on south and south-east Bangalore including outer ring road, hosur road, sarjapur road etc. Even the BETL flyover has quite a few really rough patches now. And we just had a few days of rain! Imagine the condition after a few weeks of monsoon Does anybody care in this city ? BBMP is busy in getting their new set of corrupt officials and BDA seems to be sleeping. RTO guys are busy raiding premises for out-of-station cars and police folks are busy extracting money from truckers and two wheelers.
another one that really frustrates me is the Old Airport Road near Marathahalli in front of Brand Factory. It has been dug up badly and the whole road condition for half a KM is pathetic. There jams there because of bad road on weekend mornings. I shudder to think what would be happening on Weekdays. This is one of the oldest bad traffic spot and no effort seems to be there to ensure it is 100% usable
Old 10th June 2015, 08:25   #8344
Distinguished - BHPian

Yelahanka to Hebbal flyover closed at 0830. Accident, city-bound lane only. Traffic terrible below!

Last edited by itwasntme : 10th June 2015 at 08:40. Reason: Info
Old 10th June 2015, 11:17   #8345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Roads have become really pathetic in most parts on south and south-east Bangalore including outer ring road, hosur road, sarjapur road etc. Even the BETL flyover has quite a few really rough patches now. And we just had a few days of rain! Imagine the condition after a few weeks of monsoon Does anybody care in this city ? BBMP is busy in getting their new set of corrupt officials and BDA seems to be sleeping. RTO guys are busy raiding premises for out-of-station cars and police folks are busy extracting money from truckers and two wheelers.
Try going to ITPL and whitefield by the graphite india main road. The road is broken at many places. Even the whitefield road has been dug up and patched up shabbily thereby one can drive on the right lane alone. This is the state of affairs of the roads leading to International Tech Park!!!!
Old 10th June 2015, 12:07   #8346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Try going to ITPL and whitefield by the graphite india main road. The road is broken at many places. Even the whitefield road has been dug up and patched up shabbily thereby one can drive on the right lane alone. This is the state of affairs of the roads leading to International Tech Park!!!!
Wow! You could find some road!

Most arterial roads are a mess. Hosur road, which used to be smooth, also has a few potholes, right after some of those signals between E-City and Silk Board. New humps have surfaced on certain sections of the service roads. Let's not even talk about the smaller roads.
Old 10th June 2015, 19:44   #8347
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonder whose brilliant idea it was to seal off Madiwala road following the underpass all the way till 2 signals before Forum Mall as one way & also the roads following St.Johns till IIAP made into another one way completing the loop of stupidity. The best joke is that all the medians are still there & it leads to dangerous manoeuvres by all drivers who simply cant decide which road to take until the last moment. I don't think efficiency of traffic has increased one bit because of this. The Madiwala road has literally no tarmac, combine that with the vegetable sellers, cart pushers, errant drivers and horizontal parkers.. one might as well close off that road. There is absolutely no traffic management in & around Agara junction as well.

What has happened to the development authorities? I'm least interested in politics or anything of that sort but even the roads with heavy usage are ignored, excuse - lack of funds! I didn't see "lack of funds" last year when shortly before elections all roads were made smooth as butter. I don't think this city deserves a "mahanagar" status, if at any point it was considered as one.
Old 10th June 2015, 20:02   #8348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Wonder whose brilliant idea it was to seal off Madiwala road following the underpass all the way till 2 signals before Forum Mall as one way & also the roads following St.Johns till IIAP made into another one way completing the loop of stupidity. The best joke is that all the medians are still there & it leads to dangerous manoeuvres by all drivers who simply cant decide which road to take until the last moment.
Well, at least the private bus operators are rejoicing - they got what they wanted. More space to park their buses at Madiwala. On both sides of the road. Oh well.
naveenroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 10:05   #8349
BHPian

A small traffic pile up In front of Zuri, Whitefield road. Two trucks trying to take a U-turn and the bmtc guy claiming his right of way!

UPDATE: Cleared now.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1434083637194.jpg

Last edited by kp1992 : 12th June 2015 at 10:12.
Old 12th June 2015, 10:45   #8350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp1992 View Post
A small traffic pile up In front of Zuri, Whitefield road. Two trucks trying to take a U-turn and the bmtc guy claiming his right of way!
I too was caught up here for quite some time. The trucks dint budge and caused a small pile up. The second truck was going to and fro to position himself better . The vehicles behind gave a mouthful to the truck drivers!
Old 12th June 2015, 16:38   #8351
BHPian

AUTO RANT

Don’t get me wrong but, I’m glad that the ancient Autos are being replaced with newer autos that aren’t Smokey and don’t sound loud.

Their lights working as well, but none of them know how to dim their lights!

IMHO i don't think any vehicle used for public commute, autos, buses, cabs or trucks should have the option for bright lights! They don't know how to dim their lights!
KevinP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 06:52   #8352
Senior - BHPian

Folks

I saw an accident this morning. An AP registered lorry crashed into the railings of the start of the Agara flyover . This is from the Iblur side towards silkboard.
The Lorry has crashed into the left side of the railings on the flyover. I dont expect major traffic jam. Spotted cops around the accident zone.
Old 16th June 2015, 07:33   #8353
Senior - BHPian

Right in time for me to head to the office. Thank you so much for the good news.

That spot is particularly accident prone - vehicles try to change lanes at the last moment to go under the flyover, after driving down the middle of the highway at high speed for miles before that.
Old 16th June 2015, 07:51   #8354
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Folks

I saw an accident this morning. An AP registered lorry crashed into the railings of the start of the Agara flyover . This is from the Iblur side towards silkboard.
The Lorry has crashed into the left side of the railings on the flyover. I dont expect major traffic jam. Spotted cops around the accident zone.
Sorry mate but the lorry is covering all 3 lanes and is creating tailbacks. Cops are in the process of lifting it. (may be thats why it is now blocking 3 lanes) Expect jams for next couple of hours.

Looks like the truck did a high speed lane change which went bad
Old 16th June 2015, 08:10   #8355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Sorry mate but the lorry is covering all 3 lanes and is creating tailbacks. Cops are in the process of lifting it. (may be thats why it is now blocking 3 lanes) Expect jams for next couple of hours.

Looks like the truck did a high speed lane change which went bad
Yes, the lorry must have done fairly high speed looking at the impact of the crash. I saw this accident while commuting in my office cab while coming down the Agara flyover.
Based on what i observed at that moment, the lorry was standing still having crashed into the left side of the railings. I don't think it was blocking the entrance to the flyover.
But yes may be it was blocking the gap between the flyover and the left side of the road beneath the flyover.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks