Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 17th January 2020, 21:03   #13996
BHPian

Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
You can have a look at the specs here - http://in.jvc.com/car/av_receiver/kw_m740bt/

It has a resistive WVGA screen which is much better in touch, feel and resolution than the Sony HU. It has automatic 1.5A charging while connected to Android Auto.

Cheers...
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Did you also consider Pioneer AVH 5290? Your views on comparison between Sony XAV 5000, JVC 740 BT and Pioneer 5290?
nvldvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2020, 21:16   #13997
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Did you also consider Pioneer AVH 5290? Your views on comparison between Sony XAV 5000, JVC 740 BT and Pioneer 5290?
Yes, I considered the Pioneer also. It is a fantastic HU in it's own right with equivalent sound dac but it missed out on the 2nd usb port which was crucial for me because I needed to connect Android Auto for navigation as well as listen to my vast music collection on my USB drive, simultaneously. It was just for that that it dropped out of contention for me.

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2020, 08:01   #13998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Yes, I considered the Pioneer also. It is a fantastic HU in it's own right with equivalent sound dac but it missed out on the 2nd usb port which was crucial for me because I needed to connect Android Auto for navigation as well as listen to my vast music collection on my USB drive, simultaneously. It was just for that that it dropped out of contention for me.

Cheers...
How is the performance of Android auto on this system? Does it work satisfactorily?
nvldvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2020, 08:16   #13999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
How is the performance of Android auto on this system? Does it work satisfactorily?
Quite good if not better than the Sony. You need a high quality USB cable for a trouble free experience.

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2020, 11:26   #14000
BHPian

I am facing an irritating issue with the ICE of my Civic.

I have Rainbow Soundline Components in the front and Dreamlines at the rear, all being powered by an Audison LRX 4.1 Amp. The front left speaker sometimes switches off when going over undulations and then comes back after sometime. Also if I tap the amp it comes back on.
The technicians at the store where I get the work done, says I need to get the amp serviced. That is a big challenge because getting these high end amps serviced. I though think it is an issue with the connection but not sure. Any place I can the amp serviced in Delhi NCR ?

Also I have changed the OEM speakers in my Duster to Focal Integration components in the front and coaxials in the rear. I am planning to add an amp and an underseat woofer. For the amp I don't want to pay much because the idea is to shift the Audison here later when I sell the Civic. What would be a good 4 channel amp which is not expensive. Amazon has some good offers for JBL but they are more SPL biased than SQ which is something I don't want.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 21st January 2020 at 11:43.
Altocumulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2020, 13:46   #14001
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Also if I tap the amp it comes back on.
The technicians at the store where I get the work done, says I need to get the amp serviced.

For the amp I don't want to pay much because the idea is to shift the Audison here later when I sell the Civic.
I believe "Driven" was the dealer for Audison in the NCR region.

Both Kenwood and Pioneer make decent 4 channel amplifiers for entry-level systems.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2020, 15:39   #14002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I believe "Driven" was the dealer for Audison in the NCR region.

Both Kenwood and Pioneer make decent 4 channel amplifiers for entry-level systems.
My work gets done from 'Driven' only
Altocumulus is offline   Reply With Quote