Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2021, 01:48   #14146
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Please consider the ease of use of a touch screen in a moving car

I swore never to go near blaupunkt again.

Once you get over the not-stock look of the aftermarket head unit, it's all good things from there!
Keep us updated with the search sir.
Thanks for the valuable inputs. Ruled out the Blaupunkt, thanks to your honest feedback. Then had to finalise between the Sony & Pioneer. Spoke to my installer & he suggested the pioneer one too. Read a few reviews & understood it gives a lot of options to fiddle around with sound settings while the Sony one doesn’t. Improving SQ was one of my primary intent & this seemed to be able to solve that better than the Sony one, so went ahead & got the pioneer DMH-5290BT HU.

Glad that the decision has paid off, I was able to play around with crossover settings, time alignment & custom EQ to get the exact output that I need from the system. The resistive touch isn’t bad at all & the display itself is great to look at along with its intuitive interface.

I’d recommend anyone looking at a HU upgrade to go for pioneer just for its SQ & tuning abilities. I’m finding reasons to take the car out for a drive just to listen to music!
suhas_raj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 12:43   #14147
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post

I’d recommend anyone looking at a HU upgrade to go for pioneer just for its SQ & tuning abilities. I’m finding reasons to take the car out for a drive just to listen to music!
That's amazing, sir! Congratulations on the upgrade!
Please share pictures of the fitment, work in progress etc. if you have. I hope they have used proper couplers, adapters etc. and not cut any wires. How are the steering wheel controls?

Where have the USB, AUX ports mounted? Have you opted for a reverse cam?
viXit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 20:07   #14148
Senior - BHPian

Any experience purchasing from Mahadev tyres? https://www.mahadevtyres.com/Sony-XA...ack-p275483668

I ordered from this site yesterday as the product is discontinued and not available locally nor on amazon. Plus the rates were good. Any good review/ feedback?
Old 20th January 2021, 10:51   #14149
BHPian

I recently got blaupunkt key largo android unit installed in my Tiago XZA. I had a 4 channel Sony amp (connected to an 8 inch jbl subwoofer) along with door damping which I left as is. The blaupunkt unit is now driving the original speakers and the subwoofer via the amp. However, to my untrained ears, the sound quality doesn't seem as good. In fact, it feels a bit harsher as compared to earlier.

Request guidance on what are the potential options to enhance the sound quality.
Old 20th January 2021, 10:55   #14150
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I recently got blaupunkt key largo android unit installed in my Tiago XZA. I had a 4 channel Sony amp (connected to an 8 inch jbl subwoofer) along with door damping which I left as is. The blaupunkt unit is now driving the original speakers and the subwoofer via the amp.
Is the subwoofer running bridged? How are the speakers connected? Can you post image of the amplifier connections and dial settings?

I think gain setting needs to be looked into.
Old 20th January 2021, 17:34   #14151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is the subwoofer running bridged? How are the speakers connected? Can you post image of the amplifier connections and dial settings?

I think gain setting needs to be looked into.
I am sorry, just now realized what I wrote was not right. Actually, the factory speakers are connected directly to the Blaupunkt Android head unit. Only the subwoofer is being driven by the HU via a 4 channel Sony amp.
Old 23rd January 2021, 21:46   #14152
BHPian

Quote:
I am sorry, just now realized what I wrote was not right. Actually, the factory speakers are connected directly to the Blaupunkt Android head unit. Only the subwoofer is being driven by the HU via a 4 channel Sony amp.
Sir, Subwoofers generally take only two channels of an amplifier.

in that case, you can run your front speakers also from your amp since you will have two spare channels, That would immensely help your audio quality.

It would help a lot if you can show pics of your amplifier connections on both sides
viXit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 14:23   #14153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Sir, Subwoofers generally take only two channels of an amplifier.

in that case, you can run your front speakers also from your amp since you will have two spare channels, That would immensely help your audio quality.

It would help a lot if you can show pics of your amplifier connections on both sides
Thanks viXit. Yesterday, I got both the rear and front speakers powered via the amplifier via the 2 spare channels as you have indicated with the other 2 channel driving the sub. With this I have lost the control on front vs rear speakers (however, as it is something I rarely fiddle with, it was an easy decision to go with this rather than add another 2 channel amp for the subwoofer and drive front and rear speakers with the existing 4 channel amp).

With this, the sound quality has improved tremendously and the harshness I felt earlier is almost gone.
Old 25th January 2021, 08:59   #14154
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks viXit. Yesterday, I got both the rear and front speakers powered via the amplifier via the 2 spare channels as you have indicated with the other 2 channel driving the sub. With this I have lost the control on front vs rear speakers (however, as it is something I rarely fiddle with, it was an easy decision to go with this rather than add another 2 channel amp for the subwoofer and drive front and rear speakers with the existing 4 channel amp).

With this, the sound quality has improved tremendously and the harshness I felt earlier is almost gone.
That is exactly the setup I was running in my safari.

It is actually not recommended that we run 4 speakers from just two channels. But the sound output is good. Not as good as separate channel for each though.

I have realised that we never need the back speakers as we hardly ever listen to music when we're more than 2 people in the car. It irritates the family, they only want to talk, I only want music.
viXit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 14:39   #14155
BHPian

Need help in audio setup in Tata Zest

Hello BHPians,

Need your inputs on the audio setup.

Background:
I recently bought a second hand car (TATA ZEST XE 2016). I was in the car market for some time but as I didn't even know how to drive let alone know the condition the car is in, I was skeptical about how to go about this. Finally, I took help from a family member who has good knowledge about cars and brought this car to my attention. As that car was in another city, I finalised the purchase without even looking at the car as my uncle had already driven that car and certified that car is in very good condition.

So finally the car arrived, and being the noob I was at that point of time I didn't enquire much about the car audio. I asked if there is "speaker system" to which the answer was "yes with bluetooth". This was enough for me at that point. So when the car arrived, and I had my first look inside the cabin I was shocked!! Instead of the Harman audio system there was a cheap looking HU (Panasound) crawling out of the dashboard. I was expecting 8 a speaker setup (4 speakers & 4 tweeters but actually there were only 2 speakers in the front doors, I was left wondering whether cars actually ship without speakers or did someone actually removed the speakers???)When I tried to listen to the music, the experience was horrible. There was no bass at all and the sound clarity was non existent. You could hardly hear the vocals let alone the instruments. I tried playing with the settings but no effect. To make matters worse, whenever I drove the car the HU rattled taking away the pleasure of driving. However the car itself was in really good condition.

So after giving a lot of thought into this, I have finally decided to ditch the horrendous audio setup and install a new one. But here began the challenges. My office is in Hyderabad but due to the lockdown situation I have been living in my hometown (a remote location in Punjab). The nearest audio store to me is about 60 KMs away. So earlier I thought of waiting and then getting the audio setup done from Hyderabad itself. However given the circumstances, I am not sure about how much more time will it take to move back to Hyd and meanwhile that audio has been driving me crazy. So I thought to bite the bullet and get some sort of decent audio up and running.

Below are my requirements in no particular order of preference. :
1. I am not a bass head but do enjoy the punchiness in songs. What my ideal setup would sound like is that you can listen to the audio for hours without fatigue and audio/music should be clear.
2. A double din HU (I am neutral about touchscreen and button ones. I don't really prefer one over another. What I really want is to have a HU which can provide good output and should have bluetooth connectivity)
3. Speakers for front door (component ones?)
4. Speakers for rear doors
5. An amplifier
6. A subwoofer if really required

I want to install this setup in phased manner on a moderate budget. Please guide on what should be the priority of the things along with suggestions. In which order shall I go about this.

Thanks in advance!!!

Moderators: I am new to Team-BHP and not sure where this might be place. Please move to the appropriate forum/channel if required.
Old 2nd February 2021, 02:08   #14156
BHPian

Re: Need help in audio setup in Tata Zest

I recently ordered from Motorogue.in
Excellent prices on comparing them to the physical shops and seemless experience. Depending on your budget you can source everything from them and then get it installed at your dealer. Try and buy the HU and amp from the same manufacturer.
Checkout Customsounds.in also on insta, they also have a nice assortment.
Old 2nd February 2021, 14:08   #14157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan_n8 View Post
Have they delivered? I ordered from Mahadevtyres (www.mahadevtyres.com) on 17.01.2021 and they have still not dispatched. Daily Emails have no response. Calls on their number keeps you on hold for >20 mins.
Old 2nd February 2021, 14:13   #14158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Have they delivered?
I was speaking to them on whatsapp. Had the invoice and tracking number within 2 hours of making the payment. Received the speakers on the 3rd day with the signed and stamped warranty card and proper tax invoice. Absolutely seem less. Bombay folks could go physically too.
Old 2nd February 2021, 17:18   #14159
BHPian

Thank you for your reply.

I called the shop and they seem to be having a nice collection of HU/speakers/amps.

So I have decided to go for a HU and front speakers first from the shop itself.

Q1. Is that enough or do I need to buy amplifier also?

Q2. Any recommendations for a good HU under range 10k-15k? It would be good to have a bluetooth feature along with maps if possible.

Q3. He mentioned different kind of speaker brands which I know nothing about such as RedLine DD Audio, Unplug, Rockford , Hertz, Kicker, Blaupunkt, Infinity etc. Could audio Gurus suggest me a good pair of speakers which will go with a HU bought under Q2. Budget for speakers is around 6-8k.

Q4. Is this setup gives me room for upgrade in case I want to add amp or subwoofer in future?
Old 2nd February 2021, 17:20   #14160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan_n8 View Post
Thank you for your reply.

I called the shop and they seem to be having a nice collection of HU/speakers/amps.

So I have decided to go for a HU and front speakers first from the shop itself.

Q1. Is that enough or do I need to buy amplifier also?

Q2. Any recommendations for a good HU under range 10k-15k? It would be good to have a bluetooth feature along with maps if possible.

Q3. He mentioned different kind of speaker brands which I know nothing about such as RedLine DD Audio, Unplug, Rockford , Hertz, Kicker, Blaupunkt, Infinity etc. Could audio Gurus suggest me a good pair of speakers which will go with a HU bought under Q2. Budget for speakers is around 6-8k.

Q4. Is this setup gives me room for upgrade in case I want to add amp or subwoofer in future?
rohitsharma359 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks