Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2022, 15:53   #841
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
Hi folks
I have booked the EV MAX with the 7.2kw charger and I’m waiting for the allocation.
I live in a individual house and have a 3 phase supply.
What are the pre requisites for a 7.2 kw charger?
If it’s complex I might as well switch over to the 3.3 kw slow charger.
Kindly enlighten
Check sanctioned load from the power supplier, it should be printed on your electricity bill.
Make sure the cables coming to your house can withstand the 32Amps for the charger plus the load of your entire house. Balance all the loads as evenly among the 3 phases.

From the charger to your meter/DB, you will need 10sq.mm wire.

Last edited by aim120 : 5th June 2022 at 15:54.
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 15:24   #842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghupro View Post
My dealer is providing only one key stating chip shortage.
Your dealer is correct. Only one smart key is being provided as of now (due to semiconductor crisis) but my dealer has promised that the second key will be delivered in a few months - let's see. Try and get a similar commitment from your dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
What are the pre requisites for a 7.2 kw charger?
While Tata Power guys will take care of charger box installation and wiring technicalities, you need to ensure that the sanctioned load for your house/apartment is enough to sustain charger load plus that of other equipment you might operate while your car is charging. For instance, if you leave the car for overnight charge and your home air-conditioning is on as well, you should not end up blowing fuses

In case you are not already aware, power consumption of "1 ton" (typical a/c load terminology) is equivalent to approximately 1 kW.

Last edited by cool_dube : 6th June 2022 at 15:35.
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 17:57   #843
BHPian

While Tata Power guys will take care of charger box installation and wiring technicalities, you need to ensure that the sanctioned load for your house/apartment is enough to sustain charger load plus that of other equipment you might operate while your car is charging. For instance, if you leave the car for overnight charge and your home air-conditioning is on as well, you should not end up blowing fuses

In case you are not already aware, power consumption of "1 ton" (typical a/c load terminology) is equivalent to approximately 1 kW.[/quote]

Many thanks for the clarification.
Mine is a private house with all rooms air conditioned. The present load is already nearing the sanctioned load of 25 kW.

I have now applied for the extra load up to 40 kW with the electricity board.
If that comes through I'm planning to go ahead with the 7.2 kw charger, if not I will probably settle for the 3.3 kW one or the simple 15 A plug in my parking.
Fingers crossed.

Last edited by pradheepsr : 6th June 2022 at 18:00.
pradheepsr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 14:27   #844

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshrawat9 View Post
This is my update on my booking of Nexon EV XZ+ Teal Blue. I recently completed 180 days waiting for the same so I also have advice for all those who have booked the car and are waiting for delivery
So yesterday I saw a brand new Nexon EV XZ+ Teal blue near my apartment. I approached the owner and asked him about booking and all. To my surprise he told me that he booked his car in April with some other dealer in Mumbai. He told me he got his delivery prioritized through someone in his company. As I have heard so many stories of out of turn delivery of Nexon, it was not surprising but I still felt bad.
So my advice to other would be that its useless to follow up with the dealer for your booking. That was the biggest mistake I did. Most probably they are the ones benefitting most out of this crunch situation. Its better to contact company directly. Don’t wait for too long and don’t rust dealers when they commit a delivery period of of 4 months or six months. Start calling customer care after four weeks. Be patient, ultimately they will register the complaint. I thing ideally car should get delivered within 6-12 weeks.
This is my interpretation of the current situation. Please correct me if I am overthinking or the situation is same everywhere. On this forum I know of @ Vindi13 and @Bruichladdich who booked through same dealer. Probably they can also share their experience.
Hi,
Finally got my booking of Xz+ dark edition delivered yesterday for the booking I made in November. More a sigh of relief than a gush of joy, given the long wait time.
To a large extent, these timelines are driven by Tata motors and less by dealers. I would be lying if I said I did not think of jumping the queue via TaMo - but then decided against using professions connects for this favor.
All in all, the dealership was OK. The manager made an extra effort to get our car delivered yesterday. But the entire team I interacted with - salesman, Team Lead, demo person is moving out/ has moved out in this span (life is short). What I was not OK with was the lack of communication during the waiting period.
Anyhow, and good luck with your cars!

Last edited by Sheel : 7th June 2022 at 15:27. Reason: Mod note attached.
Vindi13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 16:49   #845
BHPian

Got my Nexon EV XZ+ Lux delivered yesterday night. Headed over to select motors, Hyderabad, to get a demo of Nexon EV Max and disliked how much the seating comfort has been compromised to accommodate the larger battery.

When discussing with the sales executive, he said he can allot Nexon EV immediately if I am willing to take. Plunged in and paid the advance the very next day.

8 days later, I have the Nexon EV at home. I know it's way too many compromises in terms of features when compared to the EV Max but seating comfort is something that's quite elementary and cannot be compromised, hence EV over EV Max for me.

Any which ways, I guess the demand for Nexon EV plummeted (might be wrong though) after the launch of EV Max. Got to know even from Malik cars that they have ready stock of Nexon EV in case I am willing to go for it. Just a heads up to anyone looking for Nexon EV, not the EV Max.
raghupro is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 12:54   #846
BHPian

Hey guys, I received my Tata Nexon EV XZ+ Lux 2 days ago.

When I try to use the z-connect app, it fails to sync with my car or perform any function. Am I missing any step? Also, the current location shows somewhere in Mumbai whereas the car is in Hyderabad.

Last updated date is being shown as 30th April.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 8th June 2022, 14:15   #847
BHPian

Quote:
When I try to use the z-connect app, it fails to sync with my car or perform any function. Am I missing any step? Also, the current location shows somewhere in Mumbai whereas the car is in Hyderabad.
Check if your KYC documents are submitted ? Also, did you get any SMS about eSIM activation ?
Old 8th June 2022, 15:52   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
Check if your KYC documents are submitted ? Also, did you get any SMS about eSIM activation ?
Thanks for pointing out. Just had a chat with my sales executive, he has no clue about it and said he will arrange a call back with his senior.
raghupro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 21:33   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I try to use the z-connect app, it fails to sync with my car or perform any function. Am I missing any step?
Your dealer needs to upload your KYC documents, post which it will be activated for you within 2-3 working days.

Last edited by cool_dube : 8th June 2022 at 21:37.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 21:37   #850

Any idea if i can put a car cover on the Nexon EV while it charges overnight? Will this affect the battery's cooling capabilities? I hear a steady thrum which i assume is the cooling and don't want to interfere with that.
Old 8th June 2022, 22:38   #851
BHPian

The Tata Nexon EV is a fun car to drive. It felt so much better in acceleration than my Nexon Diesel AMT.
Old 12th June 2022, 08:31   #852
BHPian

Hello all,

I've booked the Nexon Max variant a week before it was launched and finally was able to test drive it last week.

While the drive quality was great, the seating was uncomfortable!
I'm 6ft tall and the part that connects the steering to the dashboard (attached pic) was rubbing against my knee. I couldn't turn my leg freely at all.

The only seating position that worked was to push the seat all the way back and wasn't the ideal position for me. I had to maintain a restricted posture when driving this car and was pretty uncomfortable with that protrusion rubbing against my knee.

I checked the same in the Nexon non-max version and had the same problem.

Wanted to ask if anyone (especially 6ft and above) had faced this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-screenshot-20220612-8.16.55-am.png  

vinvin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 11:03   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinvin View Post
Wanted to ask if anyone (especially 6ft and above) had faced this issue?
I am 5’ 11”. While I found the seating, both driver and rear seats, of EV Max to be quite uncomfortable, I could easily find comfort in EV seating.

Opted for EV got the delivery as well last Monday.
raghupro is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 14:54   #854
BHPian

Quote:
I am 5’ 11”. While I found the seating, both driver and rear seats, of EV Max to be quite uncomfortable, I could easily find comfort in EV seating.
Yes, I concur that the non-max seating to be better than the new variant. Especially, the rear seating on the Max is very bad!

The seating is a deal-breaker!
vinvin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 13:36   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruichladdich View Post

Also, they told me 1.5 lakhs subsidy is gone. I've checked with many other showrooms in Mumbai and they said the same. It's not possible anymore. That's the reason I booked EV Max top variant.
The 1.5 lakhs subsidy was never available for EV Max. Only for cars who's billing value from the company is below 15 lakhs. Even in normal Nexopn EV, it was only available till XZ+ model.

The capacity has been filled in Maharashtra.
Jattitude is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks