Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2023, 16:32   #811
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Also can you explain what kind of sound you were getting from motor mounts. I can hear a weird kat kat sound every time I accelerate from 0 and decelerate to 0. My SA was not able to make out where it is coming from and couldn't fix it when I sent my driver saying everything is fine. I plan to go myself next time for this and if I know if it's the same problem I can point it out to them. [/quote]

Yup. Ditto. I did get the exact sound only while accelerating and decelerating. Initially my SA said it was an issue with front strut bushes and replaced them but to no avail. They did then examine the brake system as well and found nothing.

SA Then kept the car for 3-4 days testing my patience and doing nothing but took test drives after test drives. All this while no major work was done.

In the end I suggested him to check the motor mount since I read about this issue in some other forum.

Finally after a week or so he said the required part has been ordered from Pune based on the advice of a “Senior” technician.

But when the parts arrived , the car threw up an error with the brake system and then he had to keep it for one more day to get that cleared off the system.

At last when I got my car , SA was atleast courteous enough to top up the charge to 90% from 30% and then handed over to me.

No further issues faced so far after that.

Hopefully that’s all for now..

Last edited by pradheepsr : 11th March 2023 at 16:34.
pradheepsr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 14:49   #812
BHPian

Hi, I Need some info, I took delivery of my Max last Thursday and the car has been running fine so far. However, there is one issue that I have noticed, whenever I turn off the vehicle irrespective of the time/distance (ranging from a few seconds to minutes/hours), I always get a static discharge every time I get off the car. This is getting more pronounced since yesterday and I have faced this consistently the last 4-5 times.

Have other fellow owners faced this? Or should I be worried and head to the service centre to get this checked?

PS: Mine is XZ+ and has fabric seats, but since it's a new car, it has all plastic covering intact and I am not sure if that could also have any role here.
Old 13th March 2023, 17:46   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul1407 View Post
I always get a static discharge every time I get off the car. This is getting more pronounced since yesterday and I have faced this consistently the last 4-5 times.
Are you talking about the below(see link), these days we are all feeling the static discharge even at home in Bengaluru. I could hear sounds like the mosquito bat hit when I am touching any metal surface at home.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5510614
SKC-auto is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 18:12   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Are you talking about the below(see link), these days we are all feeling the static discharge even at home in Bengaluru.
Yes, I am experiencing a similar shock, One more thing I realised is that I was in fitness apparel and was wearing those dri-fit kinds of t-shirts.
I suspect that material along with plastic on the seat covers could have also led to these static discharges.
rahul1407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 13:04   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
After much thought I have decided to buy Nexon EV. I drive a Polo GT TSI currently, own this from last 6 years. GT will stay and Nexon would be my second car, primarily for my commute between the city and my farm(120km two-way).Trip to my farm will be more frequent in coming years,2-3 times a week atleast. I simply cannot have my GT doing these rounds anymore!!
Bought my Nexon for the same reason, except that it has now become a goto car for everyone @home. Just picked mine last week, but its worth it.
Nothing as far as I know about the face lift for EV version and even those that are clicked seem to be for 2024.
babureddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 13:09   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanths3 View Post
3 . According to me only the floor mats are must, I have also installed Dashcam

4. I have got the ppf done and I feel compared to ceramic, ppf is VFM. You can go for Stek as Llumar will fall costlier. Stek also won't have the yellowing that usually happens with other cheaper ppfs. Contact Rakshith for a better deal (+917829012344). He is also very knowledgeable and after sales is impeccable.

5. I have also chosen ACKO, but Prerna might also give a deal when you show the quote from Acko. Just check once.
Which Dashcam did you go for, can you share more details.

How much did it cost for PPF?
Old 16th March 2023, 13:38   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
Which Dashcam did you go for, can you share more details.

How much did it cost for PPF?
Hi Balu,

I have a DDPAI dashcam without GPS. I have installed it myself without hardwiring by plugging it into 12 V socket. You can go for 70mai or DDPAI brand ones according to your budget.

I went with reputed Stek brand which costed around 1.3L with 5 year complete replacement warranty. I also asked in Carspa but was not convinced with their in-house brand of ppf.
shamanths3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 09:41   #818

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
I was called specifically for the update so I am sure that was done on my car.
Can you share the software version of your car, its right there in settings > software update/details.

I haven't updated my car so its on version 16.20 (Released in February 2022).
Old 18th March 2023, 11:33   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar C E View Post
1. Tata Motors is offering an extended warranty (4 years/5 years and 1.25 Lakh km) and AMC (2 years/30k kms OR 3 years/45K kms). Considering my running is not likely to be more than 4K KM in a year, what should I opt for?
I would present a slightly different opinion on your first questions (I am a long time Tata Car owner - ICE not Tata EV, but Mahindra E2O). Please do Opt for Extended Warranty. Its a must have for TML and Mahindra. Check and confirm that EW covers battery and other important components as well. With these new Gen EVs, Battery, Motor and BMS systems are some of the most costly parts of the car. Believe me when I say this - you would want these standard parts covered under company warranty for as much time as possible. I have learned my lesson with Mahindra E2O.
I would also agree to skip on the AMC, that's not important with low running.
I had faced mainly two issues - BMS system and Battery degradation within 3.5 years.
swarnava.ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 11:54   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueiscr4zy8 View Post
Can you share the software version of your car, its right there in settings > software update/details.

I haven't updated my car so its on version 16.20 (Released in February 2022).
I think that’s the software version for the infotainment and not the car. Correct me if I am wrong? Will still check and let you know.
Old 18th March 2023, 15:18   #821

I am expecting the delivery of my Nexon EV max in Bengaluru and considering the increasing frequency of events where a lot of car drivers are trapped by fake accident scenes and deliberate bumping into cars by pedestrians or bikers with an intention of extorting money, I feel the need for dash cam quite high. However, I read somewhere that installing a dash cam (unlike any other ICE cars) in Nexon EV may affect its warranty adversely. Though I am not convinced by the rationale (if at all there is one) for this. Since you have the dash cam in your Nexon EV, did you go for it after considering this aspect? Could you please guide me if my worries are in place or otherwise?
Old 18th March 2023, 19:46   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altobuff View Post
I am expecting the delivery of my Nexon EV max in Bengaluru and considering the increasing frequency of events where a lot of car drivers are trapped by fake accident scenes and deliberate bumping into cars by pedestrians or bikers with an intention of extorting money, I feel the need for dash cam quite high. However, I read somewhere that installing a dash cam (unlike any other ICE cars) in Nexon EV may affect its warranty adversely. Though I am not convinced by the rationale (if at all there is one) for this. Since you have the dash cam in your Nexon EV, did you go for it after considering this aspect? Could you please guide me if my worries are in place or otherwise?
I would suggest having a Dashcam for peace of mind. Instead of hardwiring what you can do is put in a power bank that is connected to 12 V socket. So when you are driving it charges and when you are sleeping the dashcam is kept active.
shamanths3 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 15:21   #823
BHPian

Quote:
......However, I read somewhere that installing a dash cam (unlike any other ICE cars) in Nexon EV may affect its warranty adversely. Though I am not convinced by the rationale (if at all there is one) for this. Since you have the dash cam in your Nexon EV, did you go for it after considering this aspect? Could you please guide me if my worries are in place or otherwise?
There are two methods of installing a dashcam. The first method involves plugging in the dashcam to the 12V socket in the car. This very clearly doesn't negate any warranty and you can safely go in for this kind of installation.

The other method involves using an "add a circuit" jumper which gets connected to a circuit in the fuse box of the nexon. (See pictures). To my mind, this shouldn't be construed as a breach of warranty terms as this is perfectly safe and more importantly, totally reversible.

I spoke to the SA at Prerana who says option 1 above is fine with them, but option 2 involving tapping the fuse box would render the warranty void! I intend to write to Tata Motors regional service head to seek their official stand.

I too am getting my nexon ev this week and will start using it by plugging into the 12V socket.

All the best with your Nexon EV and wish you many miles of trouble free, pollution free motoring!!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20230319_150827.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20230319_150805.jpg  

Sridhar C E is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 11:43   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Congratulations on you booking; I too have booked my Nexon ev max xz+ lux 7.2kw on 15th Feb and have got the car alloted on 18th March 23; The dealer told me the car would reach in the next 10 days to Bangalore and then i can go ahead with the PDI.
Just wanted to check with you as to when did you book the car? and did you get any email confirmation from TATA motors after the car allocation?

Thanks!!
Old 20th March 2023, 14:26   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthBaleno View Post
Hi,

Congratulations on you booking;
Just wanted to check with you as to when did you book the car? and did you get any email confirmation from TATA motors after the car allocation?

Thanks!!
In my case I booked my Nexon EV Max XZ+ Lux with Prerana Motors on March 1st; they indicated a delivery lead time of 4 weeks. On the 13th I got a call from them that a white nexon EV had been received by them. I went and did a PDI (the SA took me to their stock yard near Nelamangala) on the 15th and issued them a cheque for the balance amount (I had paid Rs 21k earlier). I am told they will issue me an invoice today and the delivery will most likely happen by this week end.

On a lighter note, the Prerana SA drove me in their car 50km out and back, but he still insisted that I pay the Nice Road and Nelamangala toll charges; apparently Prerana doesn’t bear toll !

And no, I didn’t get any mail from Tata Motors.
Sridhar C E is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks