Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2022, 08:39   #10171
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
You could take a look at TCL as well. I went through the whole range of the budget brands before closing on this. I see the 55 listed for somewhere around 34k on Amazon. I picked mine up from a Croma for 3 k extra because they gave me an additional 18 months of warranty. Amazon was only providing 18 months total.
In the store, in direct comparison to Sonys and LGs, the picture did seem a bit dull in comparison, but at home, I am unable to pick a flaw. The system boots up pretty quickly too.
So after almost three years, the panel went kaput. And I was never more glad of taking the effort to drive out to a BnM store.
October 2022 is when the warranty expires.

There has been a lot of fluctuation in electricity in my apartment, sometimes voltage, other times fails in power and switchovers to backup. I thought this must be the reason for the panel going dead. However, the service tech said its the life that's run out. Said he's seen this a lot due to Covid. I kind of agree that the usage has been exponentially higher owing to the Covid years, but is this possible???

Anyhow, a warranty claim was raised. But this is an out of production model, so a replacement was made. These guys insisted on finding the same model to get from somewhere, and the replacement was made 47 days after the claim was raised. It seems to be a fresh TV, by warranty is still on only till October.

Cars, or anything else, get the maximum warranty, always.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 22:06   #10172
Senior - BHPian

I was looking for a 55 inch TV for living room in 40-45k range. Was thinking about Hisense but lack of service support was a concern. Plus we have always bought Sony, LG and Samsung so don't have any experience with Chinese TV brands. Also, it had to be an IPS panel as for living room good viewing angles are a must. As its a birthday gift for wife I didn't want to chance it

Saw Sony X80AJ for 66k in prime day sale. I have a 55 inch Sony X8500F in bedroom which I got in 2018 for 1.10lac ( 55 inch were expensive then, now even OLED can come in that price).

After comparing X75K and X80aj, finally got the X80aj. Reasons -

X80AJ has a better processor.
X75k has X1 4k processor.
X80aj has X1 4k HDR processor.

X75k has 4k X reality pro.
X80AJ has Triluminous Pro.

There is Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos in X80AJ which isn't there in X75K.

Speakers are better in X80AJ.

Bezels are less on X80AJ.

Both TV's are Google TV so software experience will be same.

Only con if it can be considered a con is that X80AJ is a 2021 model and X75k is 2022 model.

Will update on PQ once it's delivered tomorrow and installed in coming days.

Also, I got 2560 discount on Amazon Pay icici card and 2500 cashback in Amazon pay. So effectively this costed me 61k. Pretty good deal in my opinion.
harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 12:04   #10173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I was looking for a 55 inch TV for living room in 40-45k range. Was thinking about Hisense but lack of service support was a concern. Plus we have always bought Sony, LG and Samsung so don't have any experience with Chinese TV brands. Also, it had to be an IPS panel as for living room good viewing angles are a must. As its a birthday gift for wife I didn't want to chance it

Saw Sony X80AJ for 66k in prime day sale. I have a 55 inch Sony X8500F in bedroom which I got in 2018 for 1.10lac ( 55 inch were expensive then, now even OLED can come in that price)
Unfortunately, it just came and thanks to Amazon open box policy we found out the panel is damaged. So, delivery didn't happened and refund will be issued. First time I have bought a bigger electronic appliance online and the experience wasn't good. Seems offline as usual is better for this. Will delay the purchase now and will get something in Diwali sales.
Old 26th July 2022, 17:00   #10174
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I have recently moved house from current place to another in same city which is hardly 25kms.
We did not unpack and started using the TVs for about a month after moving. Once I took my LG-C8 OLED TV out, it worked for about 3-4 days before starting to go into protection mode.
Earlier it used to take a few minutes before going to protection mode, after a day or two, its switching straight to protection mode as soon as its turned on.
I have got the LG engineer to take a look at it, he starlight away said there is an issue with the panel and needs a replacement. I asked him to check the power circuit and also the picture circuit boards first before coming to that conclusion. He brought the stand-by boards and replaced them for troubleshooting but no luck. He said the panel needs replacement.
Now, I have completed my 2 years warranty some 5 months ago so would require to pay very high cost for this replacement.

Anyone knows a good technician in Bangalore or around who can take another look at this LG-C8 Oled tv?

I really want to see how the panel gone bad. LG technician kept blaming that house movement may have caused it. I have moved both my 55" TVs (Another one is Sony Bravia FALD TV that is working just fine) with properly packed into original boxes, with all original packaging/protection, using my XUV500, that has good flat bad on rear when all seats are folded. I did not even gave them to the movers and packers folks to be loaded in truck just so that they can be transported safely. Wondering what could have gone wrong, feels bad to lose this amazing panel that LG Oled has. Replacing a panel would cost almost close to a new TV so I may not go that route.
TIA

Last edited by Ketan : 26th July 2022 at 17:05.
Old 26th July 2022, 17:14   #10175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Anyone knows a good technician in Bangalore or around who can take another look at this LG-C8 Oled tv?
Try this service: https://www.tvseassure.in/home
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 17:08   #10176
Senior - BHPian

I noticed some blackish marks on the Sony TV that we have.
Sharing some pictures below. This is the KD-65X8000G.

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_20220820_164950.jpg

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-marked.jpg

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_20220820_165020.jpg

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_20220820_165055.jpg

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_20220820_165102.jpg

• Any thoughts on what this issue is?
  • Is it a Panel burn-in?
  • Would it expand/spread to other areas ?

Currently becomes visible only on white background and not a major botheration but 2019 Sony TV going bad so soon is annoying.
Old 20th August 2022, 18:16   #10177
BHPian

Hello all,
I'm looking for a 32 inch Full HD TV to replace a current unit for a family member. After searching for models from Samsung/Sony/Lg, have realized that at this screen size, not many brands offer full hd tv's.

I was able to find one model from LG: LQ63, does anyone have an idea of how good this model is?

Not too keen on any other brands due to reliability concerns but I'm open to suggestions from this forum.

Thanks
Shiftlock
Old 20th August 2022, 18:20   #10178
Senior - BHPian

Sony quality isn't the same anymore. Our 2017, imported 70 inch Sony just blanked out. They somehow procured the power supply board (Sony Jayanagar) and it is like brand new. Service is top notch as downtime was just two days. Call 18001037799. We leave it on stand-by 24/7 and they have asked us to switch off the mains while not using. 'components age faster', they say. LG and Samsung in other rooms are going great for over ten years, no problem. We were looking at LG OLED B2 model, just launched, and their cheapest yet. Original Showroom cost is Rs 1,85,000 for 65 inches, but Devi International is Rs 25000 cheaper. No surprise there
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
2019 Sony TV going bad so soon is annoying

Last edited by Sebring : 20th August 2022 at 18:23.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 13:44   #10179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
We were looking at LG OLED B2 model, just launched, and their cheapest yet. Original Showroom cost is Rs 1,85,000 for 65 inches, but Devi International is Rs 25000 cheaper. No surprise there
Thanks currently getting the issue evaluated - let us see how it goes.

Did you check the pricing for the Sony XR-65X90K as well by any chance? That seems like a good price for an LG OLED but everyone at home is now too used to Android...
Old 24th August 2022, 14:24   #10180
BANNED

Quote:
but 2019 Sony TV going bad so soon is annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Sony quality isn't the same anymore. Our 2017, imported 70 inch Sony just blanked out. LG and Samsung in other rooms are going great for over ten years, no problem.
I have spent so much money on my LG TV bought 7-8 years back. It started giving problems at 3-4 years. I have changed the back lights twice & one of the PCBs once. I also have a vertical line on my TV which is too expensive to repair & so I haven't repaired it. My plan is to buy anything but LG the next time something goes wrong. I was thinking of Sony but you guy say Sony is also not good. I really don't know which brand has good quality these days. May be just buy one of those cheap brands like Vu or something & replace it every 5 years.

Last edited by carboy : 24th August 2022 at 14:26.
Old 24th August 2022, 14:46   #10181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Guys,

TIA
There are lot of TV repair centers in SJP road, but you will have to carry the TV to them.

I can give you one such contact:
Anjaneya Enterprises
Suresh - 9538579469 / 9880751896

These guys have a very professional setup and work on all TV brands. I had once taken my 10 year old Samsung 32" LCD TV to them. Samsung technician had told that panel has gone bad and replacement panels are not available for old models. These guys offerred to change the panel for 6k. But I didn't want to spend that much on a 10 year old TV, so I declined. They didn't charge me a single penny.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 15:57   #10182
BHPian

Quote:
I noticed some blackish marks on the Sony TV that we have.
  • Any thoughts on what this issue is?
  • Is it a Panel burn-in?
  • Would it expand/spread to other areas ?

Currently becomes visible only on white background and not a major botheration but 2019 Sony TV going bad so soon is annoying.
I had observed same issue in LED TV at native few years back, and it turned out to be dust particles entered through the gap of frame/panel from sides. The technician informed that he just opened the TV frame, cleaned it and fitted back. VOILA! all spots disappeared.

Not sure, if it is the same case with your LED TV.
yoscenario2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 10:18   #10183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I have spent so much money on my LG TV bought 7-8 years back. It started giving problems at 3-4 years. I have changed the back lights twice & one of the PCBs once. I also have a vertical line on my TV which is too expensive to repair & so I haven't repaired it. My plan is to buy anything but LG the next time something goes wrong. I was thinking of Sony but you guy say Sony is also not good. I really don't know which brand has good quality these days. May be just buy one of those cheap brands like Vu or something & replace it every 5 years.
This is strange. We have a whole lot of LG screens some 10+ yesars old.

I have a 10+ year old 47" HD TV and it has performed flawlessly till date. That apart I have 3 HD Monitors 10+ years old and a few newer models.

My 55" 4K is also LG and I got it with 3 years warranty which will expire this Diwali.

In short, it is best to buy high end electronics when there is a warranty scheme ongoing - mostly during Diwali. Then at least you are safeguarded for 3 years.
Old 25th August 2022, 11:44   #10184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
My plan is to buy anything but LG the next time something goes wrong. I was thinking of Sony but you guy say Sony is also not good. I really don't know which brand has good quality these days. May be just buy one of those cheap brands like Vu or something & replace it every 5 years.
Completely agree. With the kind of reliability in today's electronics, you can't expect long life from any brand. I had bad experience with Samsung mobiles and TV and have sort of sworn against Samsung. Same with whirlpool refrigerator.

Going with bottom cheapest is again not an option since the quality will be too bad. Better to stick to mid range and expect medium reliability.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 17:18   #10185
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
This is strange. We have a whole lot of LG screens some 10+ yesars old.
The older LG appliances at my parents all lasted 10-15 years with minimal problems. I had even inherited an old LG automatic washing machine from them which totally worked great for 12 years with minimal problems & I junked it finally when it could have still gone a few more years.

But every LG stuff I have purchased in the last 7 odd years has given a lot of problems. I am guessing the quality changed 7 or more years back.

As you say in the Home Appliance thread, appliances today are built to be replaced every 5-6 years. That seems to be true for LG TVs manufactured in the last 7 odd years also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
In short, it is best to buy high end electronics when there is a warranty scheme ongoing - mostly during Diwali. Then at least you are safeguarded for 3 years.
My LG TV worked fine for 3 years (I had a 1 year warranty only though). The problems started only after 3 years.

My parent's older LG CRT TV also worked great for 10 & they replaced not because of problems but because they wanted a flat screen

Last edited by carboy : 25th August 2022 at 17:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks