Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2020, 22:32   #8446
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebengalee View Post
a vacuum cleaner. Went through the earlier posts but nothing really stuck out. The Karcher VC3 seemed like a good fit but can't seem to find it anywhere. Help me out here?

Thanks a ton.
Congrats on the new abode.

My advice, please get a roomba/cordless vacuum cleaner. we just got the mi robot vac delivered and it's made life so much easier in our house. Used to have a forbes vac before this and now i am thinking why did i even!

And i am clueless but could someone explain the need for wet vac in the house?
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 22:36   #8447
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Chimney?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
We remodeled our kitchen and did away with the built-in hob and the chimney. The chimney from 'faber' was underpowered and also made noise. I am here for recommendations for a good chimney with low noise. I am NOT keen on 'faber'.

Please suggest!
Bosch has the most powerful suction motor and noise levels as per EU standards.
Don't go by suction power given by brands in market, its all marketing gimmick like PMPO in audio. For actual power, only check for motor wattage.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 15:39   #8448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We remodeled our kitchen and did away with the built-in hob and the chimney. The chimney from 'faber' was underpowered and also made noise. I am here for recommendations for a good chimney with low noise. I am NOT keen on 'faber'.

Please suggest!
We had our KAFF chimney serviced today. It was just not sucking (which sucks ). The guy discovered that the exit pipe had become disconnected. It sucks now. (which doesn't suck).

However it is still very noisy (It's over ten years old). The guy said that the motor would have to be replaced, at cost of 7k. Or it could be third-party serviced at cost of around 4k. I had already wondered if it could be taken to a local motor shop, who would, I'm sure, just replace the bearings. 4k seems a lot. But it includes removing, taking, returning and refitting the motor. So I'll file it under being able to afford the laziness, and pay.

Sorry for the bad jokes
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 16:10   #8449
BHPian

Quote:

Please suggest!
The whole chimney thing is a bit overrated piece of equipment in a kitchen. Much ado about nothing. Anyways, if i were you , i would let the home minister decide. They follow a whole different selection methodology.
srini1785 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 17:20   #8450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Please suggest!
I would suggest Elica. We have one and are happy with the suction and less noise.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 18:20   #8451
Senior - BHPian

We have been using Cata chimney, exhaust and hobs. Working good for 3 years now. Firend has been using the same for 6 years without issues. Not sure anyone else here is using them
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 18:26   #8452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
The whole chimney thing is a bit overrated piece of equipment in a kitchen. Much ado about nothing. Anyways, if i were you , i would let the home minister decide. They follow a whole different selection methodology.
Will second that! Highly overrated, overpriced exhaust fan that doesn't do much, if it works, it is only because the stars are somehow in their right places in relation to the space. I've always said that anyone who wants a real chimney should be copying fume cupboards.
Old 28th December 2020, 18:42   #8453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The chimney from 'faber' was underpowered and also made noise. I am here for recommendations for a good chimney with low noise. I am NOT keen on 'faber'.
After a recent replacement of our old Faber stove with a new Faber - and finding that the new one wasnt good enough, we were in the same situation. We picked up an Elica 90cm chimney. Been 3 months, and has been good.

(This was for another place, so the stove is also an Elica).
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 19:56   #8454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
The whole chimney thing is a bit overrated piece of equipment in a kitchen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Will second that! Highly overrated, overpriced exhaust fan that doesn't do much, if it works, it is only because the stars are somehow in their right places in relation to the space. I've always said that anyone who wants a real chimney should be copying fume cupboards.
I always thought so. But when we were fitting out our kitchen from scratch, we thought we might as well include it, and I have not regretted it.

Certainly it works. It not only clears fumes from our stove, but also from around it. I can chop onions without tears. Would an ordinary exhaust fan do the same? I don't know. But our chimney certainly functions as one.

I'd certainly not have the open type of fan. We have a big necessity to keep mosquitoes out. A fan with closing baffles might work.

In my old place, a cooker hood was designed and built into the structure of the house. It was actually quite good at working by convection. I had always meant to add a fan, but never got around to it. Builders of their own homes might consider this, but they may prefer the more modern design of the electric chimney unit.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 20:16   #8455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
After close to 14 years of service, our Samsung fridge has started giving problems. Compressor is not working properly with less cooling effect. Planning to change it to a side by side version. Which is a good brand that we can look for? I have been seeing lot of ads on Haier branded products. Are they good or should I stick with Samsung/LG/Bosch?
Quoting my own post. Went shopping for fridge to many outlets and heard good reviews about Haier brand and the specific product (HRB-738bg). Got good deal from Adishwars and bought it. It comes with 10 years warranty for compressor and inverter and 1 year warranty for the product. I bought extended warranty for additional 3 years for peace of mind.

Name:  Screen Shot 20201228 at 20.10.18.png
Views: 940
Size:  94.6 KB

Fridge though a bit big for us went ahead with the purchase as it comes with convertible fridge at the bottom which my mom uses for keeping pooja items separately.

Also our geyser too went kaput all of a sudden so went ahead and bought this one from Havells.

Name:  Screen Shot 20201228 at 20.13.03.png
Views: 905
Size:  67.8 KB

Got a 1 ton LG AC as well installed. Model that I bought was LS-H18VNXD.

Got good deals for all the products and the installation was completed within 2 days for all.
Old 28th December 2020, 21:48   #8456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Bosch has the most powerful suction motor and noise levels as per EU standards. For actual power, only check for motor wattage.
Could you please share the model# of Bosch and also what would be the ideal motor wattage for better performance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I would suggest Elica. We have one and are happy with the suction and less noise.
Please share the 'Elica' model#.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
We have been using Cata chimney, exhaust and hobs. Working good for 3 years now. Firend has been using the same for 6 years without issues. Not sure anyone else here is using them
Please share the 'CATA' model#.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
We picked up an Elica 90cm chimney. Been 3 months, and has been good.
Could you please share the model# of the 'Elica'?
Old 28th December 2020, 22:00   #8457
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Could you please share the model# of the 'Elica'?
Glace Trim ETB Plus LTW 903 Nero 4TV LED. Got it from Devi Intnl, Jayanagar.
Old 29th December 2020, 07:15   #8458
Distinguished - BHPian

I do not remember the model number since it was purchased a couple of years ago.
Old 4th January 2021, 20:09   #8459
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Just had a visit from "Doctor" Aquaguard to service our machine which has not been serviced for 9 months as Eureka Forbes have been in sleep mode it seems.

EFL have now woken up and the "technician" who did the servicing was desperately trying to sell me a newer version claiming that my water chamber was completely rusted, water was dangerous to drink without boiling etc. etc. The usual sales nonsense.

I asked him to check the TDS with a meter and the reading was 79.0. To me that seems O.K. Kindly confirm.
The machine is located in Lokhandwala Complex. Andheri (West).

He is trying hard to sell the DR. Aquaguard Enrich HD UV Water Purifier with Active Copper Maxx and Mineral Guard Technology.

So, my question is this : Has anyone used or is currently using this particular model? Any particular advantages or disadvantages?

My present machine is exactly 10 years old so maybe it's time for an upgrade but at the same time, I don't want to just throw money away for something that will do the exact same job as the previous machine.

Any advice or suggestions would be most welcome.

Regards,
SS
Old 4th January 2021, 21:12   #8460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Any advice or suggestions would be most welcome.
@SS, we got a purifier recently, and instead of the EFL units, we too an AO Smith X8 with AMC. It says better recovery, but as consumer we just have to depend on what info is available online. But we find it good enough.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks