Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2017, 16:12   #6391
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I again beg to differ here, customer service .
Dear PetrolRider,

Let me clarify.

1. The home appliance market size of India is 50 million approx with around 20 odd brands playing in the market. There would not be one single brand there with 100% customer satisfaction.

2. If you read my earlier posts, it clearly says that of all brands in India, LG and Samsung can be certified as good out of the whole lot. And, LG is better of the two. This is all based on large scale survey and data analysis across the country.

3. You have had a bad customer service from Samsung and I have acknowledged it as bad service so please go ahead get yourself De-samsungnized. Its your decision. No one is stopping you.

4. Globally, Whirlpool is No.1 and in India it is No.3 behind LG & Samsung.
So comparing it with Godrej and then VW just doesn't connect to me anyway.

All the above points are facts so even if you still disagree I can't justify further.

Thank you

Last edited by kpzen : 29th June 2017 at 16:20.
Old 30th June 2017, 11:13   #6392
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Dear PetrolRider,

Let me clarify.
All the above points are facts so even if you still disagree I can't justify further.
My apologies if I sound aggressive in my last post, that was not my intention at all.

All I wanted to specify that, rather highly acclaimed Samsung service might not be a reality in today' scenario and I being one victimized multiple times. I rather appreciated your concern on my situation with Samsung and I am grateful for that.

I in fact agree with most of your points, my disagreement was only with Samsung service, which I believe is clarified and no point in dragging off further. I again thank you for understanding my plight here.

And, yes, I might have gone overboard comparing Whirlpool to VW, home appliances market in India is very different from Car market and analogy does not hold good. It is really interesting to observe brand perceptions varied greatly among family to family and region to region.

Sorry for a long post again, and my apologies again for any discomfort.
Old 1st July 2017, 11:13   #6393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
My apologies if I sound aggressive in my last post, that was not my intention at all.

All I wanted to specify that, rather highly acclaimed Samsung service might not be a reality in today' scenario and I being one victimized multiple times. I rather appreciated your concern on my situation with Samsung and I am grateful for that.
Service was one of the reasons we stopped buying Samsung. LG, at least in my case, is leagues ahead. We have 2 LCD TV, 3 HD monitors and a WM working flawlessly for past several years.

In contrast the two Whirlpool refrigerators have had quite a few problems with their electronic modules, that required a change of compressor (in warranty for the 410L unit and thermostat control units for both of them. When I buy my next refrigerator it ill be an Inverter LG. My son bought one and is extremely pleased with it.
Old 1st July 2017, 12:57   #6394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Service was one of the reasons we stopped buying Samsung. LG, at least in my case, is leagues ahead. We have 2 LCD TV, 3 HD monitors and a WM working flawlessly for past several years.

When I buy my next refrigerator it ill be an Inverter LG. My son bought one and is extremely pleased with it.
Aroy Sir. I was running a consumption test on my earlier Whirlpool Refrigerator and the new Samsung Inverter model.
The normal Refrigerator consumed 150 VA while the compressor was running at .6 PF and typically consumed 1.2 units per day while the inverter model consumes 50 VA most of the time at the same 0.6 PF and ends up consuming 0.9 units per day.

I am not penny pinching about the power consumption here. I see that the inverter models can be run off our normal home UPS/Inverters as there is no starting surge and a modest consumption as long as you don't open the doors when there is a power cut.
Old 2nd July 2017, 20:42   #6395
BHPian

Bhpians,

I am looking to buy a dishwasher and would like to choose between Bosch, IFB and Siemens.

My questions are,

1. Do dishwashers really work? Do they simplify the process of cleaning utensils?

2. Are dishwashers able to clean vessels thoroughly?

3. How long would a cycle typically take?

Last edited by petroguzzler : 2nd July 2017 at 20:44.
Old 3rd July 2017, 10:36   #6396
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Bhpians,

I am looking to buy a dishwasher and would like to choose between Bosch, IFB and Siemens.

My questions are,

1. Do dishwashers really work? Do they simplify the process of cleaning utensils?

I will try to answer with my limited exposure to Dishwashers in abroad, but with Indian style of cooking. I believe, technology wise, they are more or less same. BHPians in India using dishwashers can correct me, which will also helpful for me in future.

1. Yes they do, but in a limited way. Flat plates like of Corelle or other similar type of dishes would be cleaned effortlessly. But the corner and difficult to reach edges of Indian kadai or pressure cooker would not be.
If you have too much oil strain, you might have to use scrubbers to scrub manually before putting into dishwasher.
Any dishes with unsymmetrical surface might need manual intervention either before or after cleaning.
Works perfectly if you are a nuclear family or a bachelor and mostly do your food with salads or grills, you might prefer a 'bai' if you prefer too much Indian type of food with lots of tadka , again most of places in India, a bai would come cheaper than a dishwasher.

2. Again, explained on my previous point.

3. Depends on type of machine and features, some have soak functions which might take more time. But prepare to use in night. Normally would take two and half to 4 hours.

We are from East India known for our too much oil and tadka use in food preparation, hence my experience with dish washers abroad prevent me from getting one. My sisters who are abroad also face similar issues like me with their dishwashers. The best thing in India is availability of a bai is in plenty and cheaper as a good dishwasher would cost you somewhere north of 30K.
But again, this is me and my observation. Your decision should based on your typical use.
Old 3rd July 2017, 11:24   #6397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bhpians,

My questions are,

We have a Bosch DW for the last 2 years and very happy with it. It is used every ~3 days as the cook usually does the dishes/pots/pans due to the low volume.

1. They work very well IMHO. As others have posted, badly burnt or encrusted food will need to be manually scraped off. Frankly, world over such utensils are a issue in DW, so not India-specific. Apart from such pots and pans, they are superb for all glass items and cutlery.

2. Yes subject to 1 above. Any 'normal' cooking vessel if soaked in water after use can generally be cleaned.

3. India DW have all modes starting from the 1.25 hour economy mode right upto a 3 hour 'intensive kadhai' mode. I typically use the 2 hour normal mode depending upon the volume and type of utensils inside.

I would recommend only if you have a 'clean' cook, relatively clean vessels, very less steel utensils (can leave streaks), like the convenience of freshly washed and warm plates and drinking water bottles etc.

Mind you, there are costs attached like electricity and high quality DW detergents, salt and rinse aids. They are not cheap but really really CLEAN! I exclusively us Finish'es most expensive combo tablet which is now freely available in BLR at least. Also, filters need to be cleaned fortnightly and the unit allowed to dry naturally at night.

We are a family of 4 and use and appreciate our DW thoroughly. Best of luck :-)
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 11:54   #6398
Senior - BHPian

From what I have read, DW are not Aluminum friendly. As most of our cooking pots (different from storing pots), including Pressure Cookers are Aluminum a DW would not be of much use to us.

Where DW scores is in washing plates and Stainless Steel utensils, which come out sparkling. If used right from day one, there will be very little scratch marks on steel vessels.

That said, there are some disadvantages of using DW in Indian cooking

. Heavily coated utensils need to be scrubbed manually (pre washed) before putting in the DW.
. Utensils with a lot of oil residue also needs "pre washing", else the amount of soap and water will be doubled or more.
. All dishes, vessels have to be arranged in the DW and then removed after the wash cycle. A maid does all the above functions in less than a third of the time.
. DW are expensive to run - both soap and chemicals.

On the whole DW are ideal for those who cook very less and mostly have plates and cutlery to wash, and have problems with maid's timings. Else as long as maids are available it is the most optimum way to wash dishes.

Last edited by Aroy : 3rd July 2017 at 11:56.
Old 3rd July 2017, 12:41   #6399
BHPian

Quote:
Bhpians,

My questions are,

You should also consider the LG Dishwasher that we ended up buying. I felt it was functionally much better than Bosch and Siemens. It was bigger and more flexible with it's layout. We got it for 44k.

http://www.lg.com/in/dishwasher/lg-D1452CF-dish-washer

1. Dishwashers work very well. As recommended by the others, lightly rinse the utensils before sticking them into the dishwasher. Really greasy kadhais need a slight scrub before wash.

2. Far more thoroughly cleaned than what your maid will ever clean. Plus your vessels come out dry which is a huge bonus.

3. The LG has a 30 minute quick wash which works well for most cases. For greasier vessels the fuzzy mode works well which is usually between 2 - 2.5 hours.

4. We wash all vessels including Aluminium vessels without an issue.

We use it extensively, twice a day. It is indispensable for us now.

Last edited by ranjitnair77 : 3rd July 2017 at 12:43.
Old 3rd July 2017, 12:44   #6400
Senior - BHPian

I would second the positive opinion about dish washers. They are very good and we dont see any disadvantage. They super clean the utensils and there is no residue left which might sometimes lead to bad smells when the 'bai' does it. You just need to clean solid waste to prevent the clogging of the drain which is not a big deal.
Even the wooden cutting board washes up really clean. We have Bosch.
Old 3rd July 2017, 14:24   #6401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
You should also consider the LG Dishwasher that we ended up buying. I felt it was functionally much better than Bosch and Siemens. It was bigger and more flexible with it's layout. We got it for 44k.

http://www.lg.com/in/dishwasher/lg-D1452CF-dish-washer
Yup, LG was first choice by far but WAY beyond my budget. We got the Bosch on some offer for only 29k. LG wasn't giving even a paise in discount at that time.
Old 3rd July 2017, 16:12   #6402
Senior - BHPian

There is a syndicate being formed by all the servant maids in our apartment society. Rates starts from 2K per month. They've their own set of timings for a working/non-working women. We are fed up with dealing with them and looking forward in buying a DW (Automation ).

Yesterday, have visited "Pai Electronic store", the sales person was pushing to buy IFB. He had offered a free demo of DW. A company person would come & setup DW for 10days for a free trail & demo

Which is good DW in terms of reliability/durable etc. BOSCH/SIEMENS/IFB/LG?
Old 3rd July 2017, 16:22   #6403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
There is a syndicate being formed by all the servant maids in our apartment society. Rates starts from 2K per month. They've their own set of timings for a working/non-working women. We are fed up with dealing with them and looking forward in buying a DW (Automation ).

Yesterday, have visited "Pai Electronic store", the sales person was pushing to buy IFB. He had offered a free demo of DW. A company person would come & setup DW for 10days for a free trail & demo

We already have the syndicate active for last few years .

IFB: Good old Indian brand (earlier technical tie-up with Bosch). Mixed reviews but possibly extensive service network. Not very cheap to buy thogh.

Siemens & Bosch: Like VW & Skoda as now a single entity. Former is supposedly more high-end but Bosch more rugged and 'Indianized'. Both now share service network which is known to be good.

LG: Probably the more impressive machine but expensive!
Old 3rd July 2017, 16:38   #6404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post

Got Bosch DW delivered yesterday and planning to do the installation this week end. We have used DW in USA, with Indian type of cooking and it works. Here the main reason for buying is to get rid of the maids.
Old 3rd July 2017, 16:44   #6405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Siemens & Bosch: Like VW & Skoda as now a single entity. Former is supposedly more high-end but Bosch more rugged and 'Indianized'. Both now share service network which is known to be good.

LG: Probably the more impressive machine but expensive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Got Bosch DW delivered yesterday and planning to do the installation this week end. We have used DW in USA, with Indian type of cooking and it works. Here the main reason for buying is to get rid of the maids.
I'm tearing myself between BOSCH vs LG. We've LG WM at home. The Cust. Service is simply amazing. No idea on BOSCH, but most of them are buying BOSCH DW

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks