Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2012, 08:14   #4006
Senior - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

For you guess the best would be to purchase the Nike app for $1.99 which would basically do that same thing as the sensor would since iPhone 4 comes with the GPS.

Thank you for the suggestions. My iphone has the Nike application. It is in built one and when I switch to Nike + ipod the sensor works. As I don't have the sensor,it doesn't work. Any how I will buy the sensor and try with my existing shoe.
Old 26th January 2012, 22:16   #4007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
Would be also worthwhile to get apple care and extend the coverage by an year.
How to get it? Its not sold in India. How to get it abroad? Mine is a India piece.
Old 27th January 2012, 12:22   #4008
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
How to get it? Its not sold in India. How to get it abroad? Mine is a India piece.
You can get it at any Apple authorised reseller, e.g. Reliance Digital, within a year of buying the phone. Costs about 3.5-4K for the 4s.

Regards,
Old 27th January 2012, 13:36   #4009
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2

You can get it at any Apple authorised reseller, e.g. Reliance Digital, within a year of buying the phone. Costs about 3.5-4K for the 4s.

Regards,
What is the period of extended warranty?
Old 27th January 2012, 13:55   #4010
Senior - BHPian

Some news of the Apple iPhone 5:
http://www.themobileindian.com/news/...-soon:-Reports

Largest Smart Phone maker in the world: Apple:
http://www.themobileindian.com/news/...aker:-Research
Old 27th January 2012, 14:10   #4011
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
What is the period of extended warranty?
It is 1 year over the factory warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Apple to bring iPhone 5 soon: Reports

The author claims summer = April. LOL! Summer in the USA = July & August.

Apple should release the IP5 between Aug to Oct, approx a year after the IP4s was introduced.
Old 27th January 2012, 15:51   #4012
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Apple to bring iPhone 5 soon: Reports

Largest Smart Phone maker in the world: Apple:
Apple world's largest smartphone maker: Research
It seems these reports are all false claims

iClarified - Apple News - Report That iPhone 5 is Gearing Up for Production Declared False
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 20:16   #4013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post

Regards,
Are you sure on this? I was told that its not launched in India yet. Reliance says they had it, but no stock now.
Old 27th January 2012, 21:53   #4014
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Are you sure on this? I was told that its not launched in India yet. Reliance says they had it, but no stock now.
Yes, I am sure. I had enquired when I bought my IP4s early Dec '11 @ Reliance Digital. In fact I even considered getting the Apple Care warranty pack but thought I have a year so what's the hurry.

Regards,
Old 30th January 2012, 13:43   #4015
BHPian

Hi Guys ,

Just picked a White 16 GB iPhone 4S from Reliance iStore

Will be going through last 100 pages to know more about it.

My wife uses a iPhone 4 which I bought from US . When I placed both the phones side by side I noticed that my iPhone 4S has a yellowish display. When I take pictures they also look very warm because of this .

It looks like my phone is suffering from jaundice , My question is should I try to get it replaced as I bought it yesterday only .

I read on some forums that lots of iPhone 4S got the same issue and even after replacements they looked same. Some were lucky enough to get the "Normal" display on there phone. Please suggest .

Anybody here faced same issue ? If yes what you guys did about it?

Regards
Old 30th January 2012, 16:59   #4016
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.dinkar View Post
Hi Guys ,

My wife uses a iPhone 4 which I bought from US . When I placed both the phones side by side I noticed that my iPhone 4S has a yellowish display. When I take pictures they also look very warm because of this .

It looks like my phone is suffering from jaundice , My question is should I try to get it replaced as I bought it yesterday only .

I read on some forums that lots of iPhone 4S got the same issue and even after replacements they looked same. Some were lucky enough to get the "Normal" display on there phone. Please suggest .

Regards
I had commented about this issue with my phone earlier in this thread. Some serial numbers have this issue - mine starts with DNPxxxxxx which denotes it was assembled by Foxconn in Chengdu China. What are the first 3-4 alphabets of your phone's serial number?

Some IP4s units have this problem as mine did. The good thing is that it went away after a week or two. Just make sure that you keep the auto brightness turned off and the brightness slider between default and max.

I now compared my IP4s screen with an AMOLED display and luckily all is ok. Hope you get lucky too.

Cheers!

Last edited by R2D2 : 30th January 2012 at 17:01.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 17:12   #4017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I had commented about this issue with my phone earlier in this thread. Some serial numbers have this issue - mine starts with DNPxxxxxx which denotes it was assembled by Foxconn in Chengdu China. What are the first 3-4 alphabets of your phone's serial number?

Some IP4s units have this problem as mine did. The good thing is that it went away after a week or two. Just make sure that you keep the auto brightness turned off and the brightness slider between default and max.

I now compared my IP4s screen with an AMOLED display and luckily all is ok. Hope you get lucky too.

Cheers!
Hi ,

My Serial Number starts with DNQGV , I tried searching your older post regarding same issue . Right now Brightness is at Max with Auto turned off. Should I reduce the brightness?

Also as mentioned I just bought it yesterday so should I try to get it replaced? Apart from the display thing I am really loving and feel like kid in the candy shop in App store

I only feel the difference when I place it next to my wife's iPhone4
Old 30th January 2012, 17:24   #4018
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.dinkar View Post
Hi ,

My Serial Number starts with DNQGV , I tried searching your older post regarding same issue . Right now Brightness is at Max with Auto turned off. Should I reduce the brightness?

Also as mentioned I just bought it yesterday so should I try to get it replaced? Apart from the display thing I am really loving and feel like kid in the candy shop in App store

I only feel the difference when I place it next to my wife's iPhone4
Keep the brightness between 1/2 (default) and full..preferably somewhere in the middle as high brightness will drain the battery quickly.

DN = the Foxconn China factory, same factory as my unit.

For all those curious to what their iphone/ipad/mac/ipod serial number denotes - check this site. It's neat but not fully accurate!

Klantenservice: Serienummers

Cheers!
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 22:12   #4019
Senior - BHPian

I got an Iphone 4 from my friend from Hong kong. When he gave it to me it showed all icons and I could see many photos taken by him or his friends. I inserted my cell one SIM and tried to sync with itunes in my Mac. Now it shows only a grey iPHONE screen with configure. Once I slide it shows activation failed and tells to insert a right sim with out pin lock. I understood it is a locked one. How can I unlock ? if I can't use the phone, is there any possibilities of using it as camera and calculator.Is there any way of unlocking in Chennai.
Old 30th January 2012, 22:55   #4020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.dinkar
Hi Guys ,

Regards
Hi Prashant

Normally Reliance/Istore in India provides you box to box replacement within the week, after which they might give a refurbished or you might need to spend long calls to get the boxed one ( this was the case with my IPAD, it had light bleeding problem first replacement was box to box as it was within a week, for second replacement I waited for 15 days to see if the problem would disappear but ended up getting a refurbished one. I had to make numerous calls and an escalation to Apple customer care, got box replacement only after 1 month after surrendering the one I had)

I would suggest get it checked and replaced as soon as possible or get a written statement from Reliance guys that you would get box to box replacement even later (in case you wish to wait).
raghu230506 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks