Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2013, 08:24   #6136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
The home button of my iPhone 4 is acting erratically from last 2 days, I have to press it hard and it works once on every 5-6 presses.
While you get the Home button fixed, use AssistiveTouch (Settings > General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch --> turn it on). It eliminates the need to use Home button. It works with both iPhones and iPads, with iOS 6.
Old 6th September 2013, 09:25   #6137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Please visit www.ifixit.com/Guide/Replacing+iPod+Classic+Battery/561/1 for pictorial representation of iPod classic battery replacement.

In fact this site gives repair solutions to various problems we face in iProducts.
Thanks a lot mate really helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
I checked and found that the iPod Classics don't have screws near the bottom like the iPhones. You have to wedge it open from the seam that holds the front and rear together, like you would when opening a TV remote. As is common with this kind of design, disassembly can test your patience and your faith in the strength of the materials used in the construction of the device body. The disassembly also involves bending the body slightly to get the device opened (the clips holding it together are very stubborn) so you will see slight deforming even if you let a repair workshop do it for you. You have to use the provided tool as well as something to prevent it from snapping back together, so you could use a pair of extra helping hands.

It's ironic how companies fare. Nokia made devices for consumers - users could change the covers (snap-on covers), screens (with the 'shell' design covers), and batteries themselves, and they can install any software they choose without having to circumvent any security mechanisms. The company ran into financial troubles and got acquired by Microsoft.
Apple made devices that users can't insert additional memory into, can't change batteries, can't install software unless it's been 'approved' by Apple, and when something breaks, they'd have to buy a new one - the company still has huge profits from selling its products and is one of the market leaders.

Thanks a lot; also saw some videos for this on youtube

Now would be fixing this issue on own

Last edited by benbsb29 : 7th September 2013 at 22:22. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
Old 6th September 2013, 09:33   #6138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
The home button of my iPhone 4 is acting erratically from last 2 days, I have to press it hard and it works once on every 5-6 presses. I read somewhere that the home button is iPhone 4 has this problem. Can someone suggest a reliable place in Chennai i can get this changed or repaired. Mine is a officially unlocked iPhone 4 purchased from a Apple store in London.
I second 'Assistive Touch', which I use extensively. Thanks Kiran for the heads up. It's a brilliant way to bypass the Power, Volume and Home buttons. You can then try a hard reboot - holding down power & Home (thru' Assistive Touch'). I have had occasion of apps behaving erratically with the home button, esp pic editors. And the iPhone4 buttons are grime prone. Lots of blowing, heating etc tips can be found. Someone linked to ifixit above and they have a whole DIY section on button issues. Usually u only have to open and reposition or dust around. IRepair and other services will charge you 750 to open it up, and then the part cost. They have a courier pickup service if u don't want to bring it in yourself.
Old 6th September 2013, 15:47   #6139
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

If you are using 'assistive touch' to close an app go to home screen while you are in iOS 6.0, then your screen lock may not be automatic. This may result in battery drain, if goes unnoticed. This is a bug in iOS 6 only. This can be bypassed by just flipping your spring board screen once.
Old 6th September 2013, 19:43   #6140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
If you are using 'assistive touch' to close an app go to home screen while you are in iOS 6.0, then your screen lock may not be automatic. This may result in battery drain, if goes unnoticed. This is a bug in iOS 6 only. This can be bypassed by just flipping your spring board screen once.
Think this bug was resolved with 6.1 released sometime end Jan. Most of us are already on 6.1.3. But the workaround suggested of touching or just flipping the screen so Auto-lock countdown starts is useful, if you face this.
Old 7th September 2013, 18:11   #6141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
While you get the Home button fixed, use AssistiveTouch (Settings > General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch --> turn it on). It eliminates the need to use Home button. It works with both iPhones and iPads, with iOS 6.
Thanks. This really helps.
Old 8th September 2013, 21:54   #6142
BHPian

How does one upgrade the OS, I am not sure what is the current OS but mine is recently bought IPhone 4, so whatever came standard with it
Old 8th September 2013, 22:03   #6143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
How does one upgrade the OS, I am not sure what is the current OS but mine is recently bought IPhone 4, so whatever came standard with it
Go to Settings > General > Software Update. It will show you your current OS version. If there is an update available, it will display the relevant details at the same place.
Old 9th September 2013, 00:00   #6144
BHPian

Folks, can someone a help me understand what is airport expres, I understand it is a wireless router but what makes it different from the others

I need to understand in layman lingo please

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

Go to Settings > General > Software Update. It will show you your current OS version. If there is an update available, it will display the relevant details at the same place.
Ok thanks, I just checked, it is 6.1, and no further update available for now

Thanks iron hawk

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th September 2013 at 04:25. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Plz use the Edit button if posting within 30 mins of previous post. Thanks.
Old 9th September 2013, 08:41   #6145
BHPian

Hi Anupam

Something wrong. Go to General -> Settings -> About. You fill find details of your iPhone. The latest version for iPhone 4 and 4S including CDMA version is 6.1.3. Better connect your iPhone to iTunes on your PC or Mac, and this may help you upgrade iOS. I hope your phone is not jailbroken!
Old 10th September 2013, 20:28   #6146
BHPian

The long awaited ios 7 is all set to be launched today by Apple. Also expected is the launch of iPhone 5s/6 and a cheaper plastic version dubbed as iPhone 5c. cnet has even opened a live blog to keep interested people updated.
Hope to see some useful and nice changes from the Apple stable.

Link: http://live.cnet.com/Event/CNETs_App...vent_live_blog
Old 10th September 2013, 20:37   #6147
Senior - BHPian

eagerly waiting for the iOS 7. been looking at the watch for quite some time now

53mins to go for the event to start

Last edited by IronH4WK : 10th September 2013 at 20:39.
Old 10th September 2013, 21:32   #6148
Senior - BHPian

Live streaming started (Edit: CNet discussion!. )

So, it is now goodbye to the current UI with iOS7?

Last edited by HappyWheels : 10th September 2013 at 21:37.
Old 10th September 2013, 21:51   #6149
BHPian

It may take up to a week for us to get the new OS looking at past updates. Wonder if the native maps app will get better?
Old 10th September 2013, 21:53   #6150
Senior - BHPian

right now the pre-show is happening. the event starts at 10am PDT (10:30pm IST).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks