Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2019, 13:43   #12016
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Ugliness lies in the eyes of the beholder.
Thanks for your comments. Though not quite appreciate your personal attack; however subtle.

Quote:
That being said, I suggest all the design haters to see the phone in reality before passing judgements...I have found many things in life, not to my liking when 1st seen in pictures, but when you see them/meet them, it has changed my perspective completely.
Thankfully, I have a a good sense of judgment, that too about my taste. Though I agree that happens sometimes when meeting people as mostly I start with a positive view of him/her.

Quote:
Yes, the 3 eyes do look unusual, weird, strange, ugly, but before make a firm statement leading to a closed mindset, one needs to check it out personally.
Quote:
I am also of the opinion that Apple cannot make ugly things or things ugly, so my views may be biased.
Accusing of closed mindset & accepting to have a prejudice and a biased view; quite an irony here.

Thanks for your views which you are rightfully entitled to; as I am. Just that I wish to call a spade...well, a spade. I look beyond just the logo printed on the back.

Best regards,
Saket
Old 12th September 2019, 13:51   #12017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
Can we not in the same way justify if a 50 lack car launched today has all 4 drum brakes?
Because, of course drum brakes also have some advantages over discs.
Lets hear what advantages a drum brake have over discs and then we can talk.

To me its akin to a DCT vs Torque converter debate, where both techs have its advantages and disadvantages.
Quote:
Also, isin't watching movies/ videos or looking at photos are the actual purpose of large mobiles with large screens for most of the users?
Not necessarily. I read a lot - not just books, but regular stuff on web pages. I watch movies and TV shows too, but the difference between the screens are not very noticeable. But when I am reading the jagged edges resulting from the pentile matrix really shows.
Old 12th September 2019, 14:09   #12018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Thanks for your comments. Though not quite appreciate your personal attack; however subtle.
Cross my heart, it wasn't directed to you. It is just that, all over the www, people are only seeing the 3 eyes and not what is inside it. It was for all of them.I should have said Beauty lies in the heart of the beholder. Sorry for my words.
Old 12th September 2019, 14:18   #12019
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Cross my heart, it wasn't directed to you. It is just that, all over the www, people are only seeing the 3 eyes and not what is inside it. It was for all of them.I should have said Beauty lies in the heart of the beholder. Sorry for my words.

I too am talking about the physical appearance only. I have always rated the iOS as the best in league & am myself trapped in the iOS & Mac ecosystem, enjoying them since a decade now.
Old 12th September 2019, 14:25   #12020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

am myself trapped in the iOS & Mac ecosystem, enjoying them since a decade now.

Trapped is the apt word.

Fellas, iOs 13 GM is now available for unofficial download via the ipsw + iTunes method. Do an iTunes update and have a go at it.
Old 12th September 2019, 14:53   #12021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Lets hear what advantages a drum brake have over discs and then we can talk.

To me its akin to a DCT vs Torque converter debate, where both techs have its advantages and disadvantages.

Not necessarily. I read a lot - not just books, but regular stuff on web pages. I watch movies and TV shows too, but the difference between the screens are not very noticeable. But when I am reading the jagged edges resulting from the pentile matrix really shows.
You can just google :
https://haynes.com/en-us/tips-tutori...rs-drum-brakes
Old 12th September 2019, 19:51   #12022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Trapped is the apt word.

Fellas, iOs 13 GM is now available for unofficial download via the ipsw + iTunes method. Do an iTunes update and have a go at it.

When are we getting the public version of iOS 13?
Old 12th September 2019, 21:15   #12023
BHPian

Now that Jony Ive has announced his leaving from Apple, I am assuming this is the last phone he designed for them.
Let us see what direction they take with the new design team for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
19 Sept 2019 public launch as per article on CNET

CNET
Old 12th September 2019, 21:43   #12024
Senior - BHPian

I haven't touched any other phone than iPhone. Now I'm stuck with iphoneX till iphone12 comes along. And then too, it looks like 2 additional cameras only. That's the agony my friend. We are not pulling them down. That's the pain I feel.

Quote:
Old 12th September 2019, 22:20   #12025
Senior - BHPian

So its happened again, both my iPhoneX and Apple Watch3 slowed down big time. Some companies never learn
Old 13th September 2019, 03:00   #12026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
It will be released on the 19th September as per all news sources. Waiting patiently till then

Cheers
Old 13th September 2019, 03:50   #12027
Senior - BHPian

I SIMPLY don't get this 3 camera brouhaha. WHO notices them? What does the REAL user (not a troll?!) do?
  • Make calls
  • Click photos (back camera or selfie)
  • Operate the phone
What really matters here?
  • Audio quality
  • Camera versatility and quality
  • Phone smoothness sans lag
  • Display sharpness
Yet the internet has lost its mind on the triple camera look - dang it folks - no one will ever see or notice it in daily use. How does it matter?

Frankly, I bought the swift despite liking the Palio looks much more back in 2008 - because as the driver - I care about the driving experience and what I see from my vantage point - the overall looks of the car nearly always matter zilch unless there are gaudy elements like the pre-Fluidic verna.
Old 13th September 2019, 14:15   #12028
BHPian

I jumped ship to iOS in 2016 after using BB & Android for many years and have stayed on since, use a 2016 SE. Primary reason for staying with SE (& not a bigger iPhone) is the form factor ($$ being other). Apart from storage which I now find insufficient (lot many pictures and videos after daughter was born), battery is second concern. Battery health shows 82%.

1. Can we get battery replacement from re-seller stores? Will it be original or as good? Any idea on cost?
2. Worth replacing the battery, if I intend to use the phone for another 12-15 months?

I'm a gentle & light user and easily get 1+ days on a full charge these days.
Old 13th September 2019, 14:30   #12029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Primary reason for staying with SE (& not a bigger iPhone) is the form factor ($$ being other).

1. Can we get battery replacement from re-seller stores? Will it be original or as good? Any idea on cost?
2. Worth replacing the battery, if I intend to use the phone for another 12-15 months?
I could literally see me through your post Mine was also a 2016 16 gigs SE (first iOS phone) except for the fact that I took this subsidized battery replacement program last December. I would recommend AASS unless you're open to experiment on your phone. I believe it must still be affordable (~6K?) given the math of another 3 yrs. of phone life vs. buying an all-new (i)Phone.

In my case, even with the replacement, I'm seeing only upto 20 hrs. of battery backup (I'm a medium user - frequent browsing / WA / FB) and I have to carry a cable everywhere. 16 gigs of storage is another grouse now pushing me for an upgrade. I would be surprised if this phone sticks around with me for another year (I might be sold on the upcoming BBD sale with the reducing price of XR).

PS - on 2nd thoughts, why replace the battery in the first place if it easily lasts a day? Battery health of 82% is still not bad IMO.

Cheers,
Vijay

Last edited by vvijay : 13th September 2019 at 14:34.
Old 13th September 2019, 15:30   #12030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
So its happened again, both my iPhoneX and Apple Watch3 slowed down big time. Some companies never learn
What do you mean? Are you saying that since announcement of new iPhone and watch, your existing ones slowed down ?

Most Viewed