OnePlus 7Pro 256 GB buyback: Rs.14000/-
Exchange Bonus: Rs.3000/-
Effective Price:Rs.56990/-

iPhone 13 256 GB: Rs.76990/-
HDFC Card Offer: Rs.3000/-
OnePlus 7Pro 256 GB buyback: Rs.4900/-
Exchange Bonus: Rs.2000/-
Effective Price:Rs.67090/-

The 128 GB version will be 10K cheaper and the 512 GB version will be 10K more.

Both the above phones look the same. So why the price difference?
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 09:26   #15317
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Iphone 13 users? Is there any heating related issue with it. Can somebody confirm? I guess it has to do with setting it to max brightness.

Reviews(Amazon/Flipkart) i see this mentioned quiet a lot.
Old 11th November 2022, 10:53   #15318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Both the above phones look the same. So why the price difference?
Sorry that was a typo. 2nd option was a One Plus 6 128 GB.

OnePlus 7Pro 256 GB buyback: Rs.14000/-
Exchange Bonus: Rs.3000/-
Effective Price:Rs.56990/-

OnePlus 6 128 GB buyback: Rs.4900/-

pedrolourenco is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 18:11   #15319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post

Problem is similar price was quoted for the same variant when I enquired at an Imagine store in May 22. So ideally the discount is not good enough for a year old phone if you forget the exchange offer.
Old 12th November 2022, 20:48   #15320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post

OnePlus 6 128 GB buyback: Rs.4900/-

OnePlus 7 pro is still a very good device. If your device is in good condition, then 14k is too low. Update it to Android 12, it has brought significant improvement over Android 11 (i am running a 7T).
I had gotten 14k exchange on amazon for a OnePlus 6T(10k exchange bonus) that had a cracked glass back for a OnePlus 10 pro.
Better to exchange the OnePlus 6. If it is in good condition (without cracks/scratches), cashify should give a better price.
Candy$Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 12:10   #15321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Iphone 13 users? Is there any heating related issue with it. Can somebody confirm? I guess it has to do with setting it to max brightness.

Reviews(Amazon/Flipkart) i see this mentioned quite a lot.
It’s an issue on any device which lacks active cooling, be it iPhones, iPads or even MacBook airs.

Max brightness is one of the causes, certain apps on the 13 pro max will really make it overheat very fast, AR and measure apps (which use lidar heavily), camera and gps if used on max brightness and 4/5G respectively will also cause heating, to the point that your phone will pull brightness down by force.

If you’re into drone flying and use your phone as a display for the cameras, you’ll again run into heating issues. 3D gaming, depends on the game, call of duty is fine but Genshin impact on maxed out graphics and 120fps will cause a lot of heating.

All in all, it’s still a great phone with very good cameras and I’d recommend it anyday over the competition.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 14:26   #15322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Problem is similar price was quoted for the same variant when I enquired at an Imagine store in May 22. So ideally the discount is not good enough for a year old phone if you forget the exchange offer.
Exactly my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
OnePlus 7 pro is still a very good device. If your device is in good condition, then 14k is too low.
Better to just sell it off then on OLX or FB Marketplace.

Quote:
Update it to Android 12, it has brought significant improvement over Android 11 (i am running a 7T).
Already done that

Quote:
I had gotten 14k exchange on amazon for a OnePlus 6T(10k exchange bonus) that had a cracked glass back for a OnePlus 10 pro.
Amazon doesn't have good exchange deals these days. Flipkart has much better deals. But the reviews of Flipkart are not very encouraging.

Quote:
Better to exchange the OnePlus 6. If it is in good condition (without cracks/scratches), cashify should give a better price.
It's in mint condition now. It's my wife's old primary phone. She had cracked the screen and back some years ago. Got both replaced through OnePlus.

Now there has been a development. My wife is not happy with the iPhone 14 Pro Max. She want's to move back to Android. She was using a OnePlus 7T but the screen cracked. Phone is still working fine though. I bought her a Redmi 11 Pro which she started using just before I got the iPhone.

What she's suggesting is that she will use the Redmi as her primary phone and the OP7T as a secondary (with the cracked screen). I will use the iPhone as primary and OP7P or OP6 as a secondary.

Now comes the next problem. We had 5 active sims at home. I'll give them code names for simplicity.
1. My primary SIM (all OTP's come on it) is a BSNL Prepaid. Let's call it B1.
2. My secondary SIM (for work and WhatsApp groups) is an Airtel Prepaid. Originally Vodafone, then ported to BSNL and the ported to Airtel. Let's call it A1.
3. Wife's primary SIM (all OTP's come on it) is a Jio Prepaid eSIM which was recently ported to Jio from BSNL. Let's call it J2.
4. Wife's secondary SIM (used only for data and emergency calls when the primary has no coverage) is an Airtel eSIM. Let's call it A2.
5. Spare SIM is a BSNL Prepaid. Let's call it B3.

Now J2 & A2 are eSims installed on the iPhone. So if she moves back to Android, I'll have to change both back to physical Sims. Both Airtel & Jio have bad coverage at our place so ideally I would like her to have 1 BSNL. But I have to wait 90 days to port back the Jio to BSNL. So I thought of letting her use J2 & B3 and once 90 days pass the port J2 to Airtel (A3). So she will have Airtel (A3) as primary and BSNL (B3) as secondary. A2 can be converted to physical and used as the spare Sim.

Then comes to my Sims B1 & A1. A1 can be converted to eSim and installed on the iPhone. For B1 my only option will be to port to Jio (J1) and install on the iPhone. How I wish that either BSNL or VI had eSims for prepaid. At least I hope they do come up with eSIMs in the next 90 days so I can port J1.

At least that's the plan for now. Unless my wife decides she can manage with the iPhone.
Old 14th November 2022, 16:28   #15323
BHPian

After dilly dallying for a couple of years I finally took the plunge. Gifted myself an iphone 14 plus. Bought it from duty free shop at Changi airport, Singapore and saved approximately 6K in the bargain. Surprisingly even the duty free shops did not have the Pro versions in stock and we were asked to order online if we wanted a pro.

My original phone a Moto had cracked and I was desparate for an upgrade.

The movement to iOS was smooth and I am loving the experience.
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 10:07   #15324
BHPian

Friends, I have a problem with my phone heating up big time during Apple CarPlay with USB, it's an iPhone SE 2020 (128GB). I guess this prominently started after the update to iOS 16. I always use Google Maps and Overcast running at the same time, these are not that heavy duty apps as of my understanding. But the issue is the phone turns red hot after use of 1 hour and also I get the message "Charging on Hold, charging will resume when iPhone returns to normal temperature" (this is iOS 16 feature).

The challenge I am facing is, I cannot use my phone as intended, would this be a battery issue as my battery health says 85%, i.e., would it be time to replace the battery or something to do with iOS16?

please advise if anyone has faced a similar issue.
Old 15th November 2022, 10:49   #15325
Senior - BHPian

Anyone managed to host 2 Whatsapp (even third party apps are fine) and moved their chats over from Android?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCarGuy View Post
Friends, I have a problem with my phone heating up big time during Apple CarPlay with USB
I have the exact same heating problem on iPhone 11 currently on 16.1. My battery health is at 84% and get the Charging on hold error as well.

There is only one difference. I started seeing this on wireless CarPlay on 16.0 and 16.1. In wired CarPlay I never saw this problem, even though I was on iOS 16.0
Old 15th November 2022, 11:38   #15326
BRV
BHPian

Quote:
The challenge I am facing is, I cannot use my phone as intended, would this be a battery issue as my battery health says 85%, i.e., would it be time to replace the battery or something to do with iOS16?

please advise if anyone has faced a similar issue.
+1, facing the same issue "Charging on hold @ 80%"

I have iPhone 12 Mini, one year old with battery health of 86%.
  • On YouTube while charging it stops at 80% and doesn't increase 1% till YouTube is closed. Once closed charge proceeds to 100%.
  • If connected to Car (via Bluetooth) on charge, Maps on, YouTube songs on, phone heats up crazily and stops charging at 80% with the warning Charging on hold. I have an AC vent magnetic phone holder so not worries much.

Phone battery health dropped significantly in earlier version (15). After 16 (been more than a month now) battery health is same at 86% with no change in phone usage
BRV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 11:44   #15327
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, I have a problem with my phone heating up big time during Apple CarPlay with USB
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I have the exact same heating problem on iPhone 11 currently on 16.1. My battery health is at 84% and get the Charging on hold error as well.
Even i had this issue on my 12 Mini..
The reason appeared, Iphone was agressively pushing the Screen to the car's Display and the responses were very crisp on the Car touch screen. However it used to heat up a lot for the initial 15-20 minutes, where it did a lot of caching onto car screen. After some time, it used to cool down to normal levels.

I haven't yet fully tested carplay after updating to the latest version. But it isn't that snappy anymore on the latest version of IOS. Probably, Apple toned down how aggressive it pushes the display onto other screen.

Also, Maruti has released an update to their cars in the month of October. Hope this fixes something. [If your cars are from Maruti stable.]

Last edited by Mustang_Boss : 15th November 2022 at 11:45.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 11:52   #15328
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, I have a problem with my phone heating up big time during Apple CarPlay with USB, i
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRV View Post
+1, facing the same issue "Charging on hold @ 80%"
Close all the windows before connecting to carplay, which should sort out the problem.
aadya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 12:15   #15329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends, I have a problem with my phone heating up big time during Apple CarPlay with USB, it's an iPhone SE 2020 (128GB)
This is an issue I've faced in my older iPhone SE 2015 model and also my current iPhone 13 mini. The phone overheats and then switches off with a display that temperature too hot.

Only solution is to disconnect from USB. 2 phones in 3 different cars using old and new original cables.
Old 15th November 2022, 12:40   #15330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Close all the windows before connecting to carplay, which should sort out the problem.
Sure, I shall give this a try.

Quote:
Anyone managed to host 2 Whatsapp (even third party apps are fine) and moved their chats over from Android?

There is only one difference. I started seeing this on wireless CarPlay on 16.0 and 16.1. In wired CarPlay I never saw this problem, even though I was on iOS 16.0
Yes, after 16.1 I havent seen this message, but the heating issue still remains. If my understanding is correct, this has to do with the battery, everyone who is facing this issue, battery percentage seems to be in 85% range, so I guess it calls for a replacement.

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th November 2022 at 14:33. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks