Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2020, 23:25   #331
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for printers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi All, I'm planning to get a printer for my son's school assignments.

Usage - 5 to 10 copies per month

Budget - Upto 15K

Can you please provide your suggestions?
I have heard good reviews about hp ink tank model. Costs about 10k and prints are really cheap due to the ink tank.
deep_bang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 00:09   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All, I'm planning to get a printer for my son's school assignments.

Usage - 5 to 10 copies per month

Budget - Upto 15K

Can you please provide your suggestions?
I took Epson L3150 for 13k for the same purpose. You can print, scan and copy with this printer. Wifi connectivity is available as well. I am extremely satisfied with the quality and VFM proposition of this printer.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 07:45   #333
BHPian

Thanks headbanger and deep_bang.

I'm looking at purchasing either Canon 3000 (or) HP 419.

Can you please recommend the best one in terms of service backup?
Old 6th August 2020, 08:48   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
I took Epson L3150 for 13k for the same purpose. You can print, scan and copy with this printer. Wifi connectivity is available as well. I am extremely satisfied with the quality and VFM proposition of this printer.
I have an HP Laser printer (M1218MFP - B&W) and L3150. I found the configuration on Epson more friendly compared to the HP one. Satisfied with both. L3150 is color, using it for an year. No drying issues, compared with the inkjets
Old 6th August 2020, 09:14   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

I used HP for about 10 years before switching over to Epson. There were a lot of issues with HP, especially as they always wanted to gyp users with over priced ink cartridges. I bought Epsons multi function ink tank printer with Wi-Fi, and it's been two years with no issues. It's still on the first fill of ink, as it gets used for about 400 pages a month at most, of which 300-350 are just a single document, one print order.
It only gave a miscolored print last month after I plugged it in after 3 months of lockdown. All I had to do was carry out the flush from its control panel, and it's all good now. The ink is about 1/3 in all of the tanks now, and I got refills for 900 rupees for all 4.
It's been the most unfrustrating printer I've ever got for home.
You should check that out, model is 405 I think, but has probably been upgraded by now.
Old 6th August 2020, 10:46   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks headbanger and deep_bang.

I'm looking at purchasing either Canon 3000 (or) HP 419.

Can you please recommend the best one in terms of service backup?
I am not sure if the service backup perception changes with location. But the word on the street in NCR is that Epson is more responsive as compared to HP particularly.
Old 8th August 2020, 07:42   #337
BHPian

Hi All, I have decided to get the printer today.

Need your expertise on choosing the best and fuss free model.

HP 419 Ink tank wireless - Rs 13500/. This one comes with 2 additional bottles of black ink.

Canon Pixma 3010 ink tank wireless - Rs 14000/
Old 8th August 2020, 09:33   #338
Senior - BHPian

I booked the Canon Pixma G3000 all in one printer from Amazon India during the prime sale. Amount = 12,999.
Got 10% discount on my HDFC credit card.

Expecting delivery next week.

This seems to be a good printer with ink tank and no cartridges, besides being wireless.
Old 8th August 2020, 09:40   #339
BHPian

Hi all,

Need your advice on buying a printer for office use. Will be used for 100 copies a month. Requirements are:

Print, scan, copy. Scanner is important.
Ink tank. Don't want the hassle of cartridge refills.
Wifi - not compulsory but will be preferred.
Colour printer not required.

Pls suggest a printer as per my requirements. Thanks.
Old 8th August 2020, 15:36   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Wifi - not compulsory but will be preferred.
If not wifi, then a network socket is useful. Of course, the printer has to be within cable-reach of your router.

This is how my printer is set up. Anything (that has access to the network) can print to it without depending on another PC being powered up and configured as a server.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 8th August 2020 at 15:37.
Old 9th August 2020, 12:42   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All, I have decided to get the printer today.

Need your expertise on choosing the best and fuss free model.

HP 419 Ink tank wireless - Rs 13500/. This one comes with 2 additional bottles of black ink.

Canon Pixma 3010 ink tank wireless - Rs 14000/
HI Prodigy07,
Did you manage to buy your printer? I am also looking for Inktank printers in chennai and let me know if you manage to get some deals. I learn that there is an offer for Canon 3010, where you get a Google mini free. The only concern with Canon 3010 is support for windows only (no Mac). HP 419 is available in stock in HP Store, T.Nagar and it costs the same 13500.

Also one more thing observed is most models are either out stock online or their deliveries are after 20 days
Old 9th August 2020, 14:13   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
HI Prodigy07,
Did you manage to buy your printer? I am also looking for Inktank printers in chennai and let me know if you manage to get some deals. I learn that there is an offer for Canon 3010, where you get a Google mini free. The only concern with Canon 3010 is support for windows only (no Mac). HP 419 is available in stock in HP Store, T.Nagar and it costs the same 13500.

Also one more thing observed is most models are either out stock online or their deliveries are after 20 days
Hello, Yes, I've got HP 419 from HP store yesterday. Cost 13500/

Reliance Digital/Croma were also stating that they were running out of stock.
Old 14th August 2020, 15:33   #343
Team-BHP Support

Need some help guys!

Got a brother DCP-T510W WiFi printer for home use. Installed the app and I can print documents, make photo copies, no issues.

The printer is just besides my desktop, my desktop recognizes the printer, but the printer is being shown as off-line. Can I print documents etc w/o connecting it to my desktop [via USB and its software]?
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for printers-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 14th August 2020 at 15:47.
Old 14th August 2020, 17:13   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
I have an HP Laser printer (M1218MFP - B&W) and L3150. I found the configuration on Epson more friendly compared to the HP one. Satisfied with both. L3150 is color, using it for an year. No drying issues, compared with the inkjets
Oh nice, I have HP laser M1218 MFP as well (Pruchased for 15k almost 6 years ago). I was looking to buy a color laser. When I checked the cartridge prices for a Canon Laser, I was shocked at the pricing. Black cartridge is 11k while each color ones are 13k for 1500 page yield.

I realized for that for the price of one cartridge I can buy a good quality Inktank printer. So leaning towards an inktank for now.

Which ever printer I buy will need to have Wifi. Epson L3150 seems highly recommended. Does this have duplex. What is the frequency of the prints that you take. I keep my printers on standby. Any issues faced. I last owned an inkjet printer 15 years ago when I had an Epson one.

How are the color prints. Did you take any photos with it. How are they compared to what we get from photo studio.

To be honest I am fine if a printer has the following fucntions:
1 Print
2 Wifi
3 Duplex

Any basic printer covering these 3 is good. If it is a multi function printer, I prefer them with ADF. Only flatbed does seem much use except for copying single pages.

Last edited by indian21r : 14th August 2020 at 17:17.
Old 16th August 2020, 21:13   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Which ever printer I buy will need to have Wifi. Epson L3150 seems highly recommended. Does this have duplex. What is the frequency of the prints that you take. I keep my printers on standby. Any issues faced. I last owned an inkjet printer 15 years ago when I had an Epson one.

How are the color prints. Did you take any photos with it. How are they compared to what we get from photo studio.

To be honest I am fine if a printer has the following fucntions:
1 Print
2 Wifi
3 Duplex
L3150 doesn't have Duplex or ADF. It is the starting model for multi function printers in Epson offerings.
The prints from L3150 are fine for documents. This printer is not intended to print photos.
While the printer can print any volume of documents with decent speed, mostly I have seen the printer in shops to print bills or home use etc. The positive point about this particular printer model is that it needs lesser maintenance, refills are not expensive and have decent service backup. Think of any B segment Maruti for an analogy.

Last edited by headbanger : 16th August 2020 at 21:14.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks