Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2020, 11:03   #316
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for printers

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Go for ink tank type printers.

Don't buy inkjets. Waste of money they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I would suggest inktank with document feeder like Brother T700W or Epson inktank printer for your requirements.
Thank you for all the suggestions. I have ordered the Canon G3010. I'll post a review after using it for some time
Old 25th June 2020, 11:29   #317
Senior - BHPian

I recently ( last month ) purchased the EPSON ink tank printer, through Amazon.

The L130 model. Its a breeze to use. It prints well and is fast. I must have taken about 90-100 pages in colour and the tank is still almost full, well, almost.
The only problem is that this is not a WiFi one. Since i print off mostly from my laptop, i haven't missed the WiFi feature. Quite happy so far.
Old 25th June 2020, 11:40   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
Thank you for all the suggestions. I have ordered the Canon G3010. I'll post a review after using it for some time
G3010 is a good choice. I have the G3000 that I bought during the last Diwali sale on Amazon. I set it up myself (its very easy to do that) and have used it to print hundreds of pages now (on to my second ream of paper). I print lot of colorful worksheets for my little one. Only once couple of weeks back I saw an issue (black color stopped printing). Had to perform a deep clean and it was back to normal. Earlier I had a HP deskjet and had a terrible experience with that. I think those printers are only meant to transfer our money to these companies. Hardly would print 40-50 pages before cartridges needed to be changed. It stopped working in less than a year.
joslicx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 12:01   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I have the G3000 that I bought during the last Diwali sale on Amazon. I set it up myself (its very easy to do that) and have used it to print hundreds of pages now (on to my second ream of paper).
I know it is a bit late to ask, but how is the service availability and costs. Also, can we do the refilling by ourselves, or can that be done only by their technician?

Also, have you tried printing photos? Not expecting studio quality, but my current plan is to print a few photos of the kids when the printing frequency goes down.

Last edited by KL01toKA03 : 25th June 2020 at 12:04.
Old 25th June 2020, 12:11   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know it is a bit late to ask, but how is the service availability and costs. Also, can we do the refilling by ourselves, or can that be done only by their technician?

Also, have you tried printing photos? Not expecting studio quality, but my current plan is to print a few photos of the kids when the printing frequency goes down.
I cannot really comment on the service/costs as I have not availed of them myself. I setup the printer myself. It is easy to do. You just have to fill the tanks with the ink that comes with it, download and install the drivers, initially connect the printer with the USB cable and have it detected and viola it will do the rest! It shouldnt take more than 30 minutes or so. There are youtube videos about this whole process. Refilling tanks is really easy and straightforward.

I have printed pictures only on A4 paper (I use 75gsm). I have yet to get photo quality paper to test the actual quality on that. On 75gsm A4 paper the quality is only borderline good (there are no streaks but colors dont look brilliant so the pictures looks dull, so to say)
Old 25th June 2020, 12:29   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. What is the approximate cost of the cartridge/ink refill? Also, how does it have any issues if we do not take any prints for some time (say a month)
No issues with not taking print outs for a prolonged time. These are the ink bottles that came with the printer (Yellow also included). I remember seeing the cost at about 1200 to 1300.
Old 25th June 2020, 12:44   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Even with the ink tank printers, it is a good practice to take atleast a print out or two every month .

We have a Epson L220. It was left unused for a few months which led to the nozzles clogging up bad enough to get missing lines in the print out. Deep cleaning did not help.

Had to take it to EPSON service. They purged the ink lines and suggested me to use the printer in high quality mode. Draft and normal modes create missing lines. Other option was to replace the nozzle assembly which costs half the price of the printer cost.
Old 25th June 2020, 13:45   #323
BHPian

I want to buy a printer for home use to replace my Panasonic KX-MB1500SX laser MFP. It was working well for the last 6+ years, before suddenly departing for the afterlife.

My primary requirements are:
1. Print, scan, and copy
2. Laser
3. WiFi enabled
4. Compact size
5. Duplex printing

Nice to have:
1. ADF

My budget is Rs.15000, though I can stretch a bit if all my requirements are getting met.

It is proving very difficult to find a printer that meets all these requirements, and I feel I will have to compromise in the end.

My shortlisted printers are:

1. HP LaserJet MFP M30w (Rs.13k)

Pros:
1. Small Footprint (wdh: 360 x 264 x 197 mm)
2. Since it's HP, after market toners and refills might be inexpensive
3. Least expensive

Cons:
1. No duplex printing and ADF

2. HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1200W (Rs. 18500)

Pros:
1. Official Toner Tank refill will be inexpensive (~Rs.700 for 5k pages)

Cons:
1. No duplex printing and ADF
2. Medium Sized (wdh: 380.5 x 293.4 x 287 mm)

3. Brother DCP-L2541DW (~Rs.18k)

Suggestions for printers-dcpl2541dw_as.jpg

Pros:
1. Duplex printing and ADF

Cons:
1. Large Size (wdh: 409 x 398.5 x 316.5 mm)
2. Not sure about the availability and price of aftermarket toner refills and replacements

4. Samsung Xpress SL-M2876ND (~Rs. 16500)

Pros:
1. Duplex printing and ADF

Cons:
1. Large Size (wdh: 401 x 362 x 367 mm)
2. No WiFi, but has an ethernet port
3. According to online reviews, aftermarket toners and refills is expensive.
4. Unlike their other products, Samsung's service centres for printers is almost non-existent.

5. Canon imageClass MF M244DW (Rs. 20000)

Pros:
1. Duplex Printing and ADF
2. I'm assuming Canon's after market toners and refills will be inexpensive

Cons:
1. Large Size (wdh: 390 x 371 x 360mm)

I am confused, but might just go in for the HP M30w since i'll save some money and space while letting go of duplex printing and ADF. For the record, my old Panasonic's dimensions were: (wdh: 381 x 361 x 203 mm).

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th June 2020 at 20:35. Reason: Please upload pictures via our attachment system. You'll find more details in a thread within the Announcements section.
Old 30th June 2020, 22:02   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Are HP ink advantage printers better in terms of ink not drying and lasting longer? I need to buy a printer for home and am terribly confused.
Old 1st July 2020, 14:17   #325
Distinguished - BHPian

So I did some research and finally decided to purchase a Ink tank printer for my home usage. I have narrowed it down to 2 products. Please recommend which one to buy out of the two.

1. Canon Pixma G3000 All-in-One Wireless Ink Tank Colour Printer - Rs. 12499 (Amazon)
2. HP 410 All-in-One Wireless Ink Tank Color Printer with Voice-Activated Printing(Works with Alexa and Google Voice- Assistant) - Rs. 12399 (Amazon)

Feature wise I do not see any difference between the two. I think it boils down to built quality and after sales support. Which one shall I opt for?
Old 17th July 2020, 11:10   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, could you share your initial impressions if you've used the printer after buying it? I am thinking of buying the same model, and would be good to know your experience. Thanks!
Old 17th July 2020, 11:25   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post
I want to buy a printer for home
I bought a Brother DCP-B7535DW. It is a slightly upgraded version of the DCP-L2541DW which I've mentioned above.

I get all the essential features while compromising on the compactness.
Old 17th July 2020, 11:50   #328
Senior - BHPian

I have an Epson L4160 deskjet, I has a Canon G3000 earlier. Both were good. The new one appears to be better. Great print quality, and low ink consumption. Epson have a totally non-evaporative ink. This also does two sided printing with no hassle. I still have to check it out on my Windows machine. I hope the printer driver is up to par. I am on my Mac.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 12:27   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi, could you share your initial impressions if you've used the printer after buying it? I am thinking of buying the same model, and would be good to know your experience. Thanks!
Based on my initial usage experience, I would definitely recommend it. The print quality is good for a not so expensive printer. It supports borderless printing, and even photos look good when printed on glossy paper.
KL01toKA03 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 15:46   #330
BHPian

Hi All, I'm planning to get a printer for my son's school assignments.

Usage - 5 to 10 copies per month

Budget - Upto 15K

Can you please provide your suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks